Thread: A personal thank you from a beginner.

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

Default A personal thank you from a beginner.

Hi all! Here in the U.S. of A., we celebrate Thanksgiving day tomorrow. For me it is a time to be with my family, and reflect on the blessings in my life. In that vein, I want to personally thank my new friends here on the Fret. First and foremost, to Robert for being so giving of his time, and for referring this over-analytical and excitable newbie to this board. It is a valued outlet. Also, to each and every one of you who have encouraged me to play and stretch my limits, while being accepting my skills as they are at this time. I would never have even dreamed of posting a song to a forum like this, even a few weeks ago. Also, for sharing your musical talents. I have been downloading and listening to each person's songs, and just amazed at the talents present here. Right now, I am listening more to Fret music than any I have purchased. I sure hope a CD project works out. And especially for sharing your time answering questions etc, that I am sure seem obvious to some. Hopefully I can give back as time goes along. I hope that all of you have a wonderful weekend with your families, whether or not Thanksgiving holiday is celebrated in your home. Thank you.

Steve Thompson

P.S. As has been discussed in another thread, if anyone comes into SV, Idaho, Beers on me!!
    Last edited by sunvalleylaw; November 22nd, 2006 at 01:08 PM. Reason: sp.
    Steve Thompson
    Sun Valley, Idaho

Guitars: Fender 60th Anniversary Std. Strat, Squier CVC Tele Hagstrom Viking Semi-hollow, Joshua beach guitar, Martin SPD-16TR Dreadnought
    Amphs: Peavey Classic 30, '61 Fender Concert
    Effects and such: Boss: DS-1, CE-5, NS-2 and RC20XL looper, Digitech Bad Monkey, Korg AX1G Multi-effects, Berhinger: TU100 tuner, PB100 Clean Boost, Line 6 Toneport UX2, Electro Harmonix Little Big Muff Pi, DuhVoodooMan's Rabid Rodent Rat Clone, Zonkin Yellow Screamer Mk. II, MXR Carbon Copy Delay

love is the answer, at least for most of the questions in my heart. . .
    - j. johnson

Camrose, Alberta, Canada - used to be Umea Sweden.
    Post Thanks / Like

Thank you Steve for helping make this forum a great place!

I hope you have a nice Thanksgiving.
    The Law of Gravity is nonsense. No such law exists. If I think I float, and you think I float, then it happens.
    Master Guitar Academy - I also teach via SKYPE.

Post Thanks / Like

Thank you Steve for your contributions to the fret.net! Every person is equal here, beginner or pro. We are all a happy family! *starts singing "We are the World"*
    I can't say that I've given up on a flanger cause I've never liked the effect either. I also can't say the same about Tremolo. I hate them both equally. - Tone2TheBone 2009

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by SuperSwede
    Thank you Steve for your contributions to the fret.net! Every person is equal here, beginner or pro. We are all a happy family! *starts singing "We are the World"*
    LOL! Saw Lionel Ritchie (co-writer of the song) last night on the AMAs, presenting a new song.

"We are all a happy family!" - - - Also makes me think of an old Ramones song.
    Steve Thompson
    Sun Valley, Idaho

Guitars: Fender 60th Anniversary Std. Strat, Squier CVC Tele Hagstrom Viking Semi-hollow, Joshua beach guitar, Martin SPD-16TR Dreadnought
    Effects and such: Boss: DS-1, CE-5, NS-2 and RC20XL looper, Digitech Bad Monkey, Korg AX1G Multi-effects, Berhinger: TU100 tuner, PB100 Clean Boost, Line 6 Toneport UX2, Electro Harmonix Little Big Muff Pi, DuhVoodooMan's Rabid Rodent Rat Clone, Zonkin Yellow Screamer Mk. II, MXR Carbon Copy Delay

- j. johnson

Post Thanks / Like

Glad to have you aboard there state-mate. (tipping a healthy dark beer)

Enjoy your holiday as well and beware the WereTurkeys.

"No Tele For you." - The Tele Nazi

Ha! Tele-ish now inbound.

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Spudman
    . . . (tipping a healthy dark beer)

Enjoy your holiday as well and beware the WereTurkeys.

1. I plan to, after my guitar lesson.
    2. Do they hang out with the snipes?

Happy T-day to you also, fellow state-mate!
    Steve Thompson
    Sun Valley, Idaho

- j. johnson