Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: The proper way to restring a guitar..

Post Thanks / Like

today later Saturday will be string changing day(instead of playing) on my three.the 67 needs it badly.I can't believe the ones on the Fully are not worn yet.it like the others gets plugged up every weekend including the acoustic that like the Fullerton still does not need changing.however I'll bet dollars to doughnuts it will when strings start breaking like happened on the 67.going with an Eric Johnson set.Fully will get when the time comes Fender bullets.acoustic the only spare set I have right now.hate to GAS over strings but might have to although I am covered with half dozen set of Daadario's along with extra E and B as well as some wound G strings.be using techniques above and would like to get some EB Colbalts on hand.heard some good things about em.
    Life is like a camera, just focus on what’s important and capture the good times, develop from the negatives and if things don’t work out, just take another shot. ~ Anonymous

Guitars: 1967(year they came out): Fender Coronado II Wildwood I ,Fullerton ST- 4 Fat Strat , Esteban Legacy acous/elec,99 MIA Standard Fender Strat
    Amph's Original Roland Cube 15,Drive 30 w/spring reverb

Post Thanks / Like

Let's just say a new set is on the 67.one glitch.broke a string in the set no a spare So raided another D'AAdario set for the one that broke.D string.point is new are on.reminds me of when we had the band.any string that fits the bill when trying to finish a gig and set. one day in the not so distant future I will make it right but fer now the guitar is playable.
    Life is like a camera, just focus on what’s important and capture the good times, develop from the negatives and if things don’t work out, just take another shot. ~ Anonymous

Guitars: 1967(year they came out): Fender Coronado II Wildwood I ,Fullerton ST- 4 Fat Strat , Esteban Legacy acous/elec,99 MIA Standard Fender Strat

Post Thanks / Like

Check out this site : www.stringsandbeyond.com They sell singles in just about any brand or size you want. I get all my strings there and always keep a few extra high E strings handy because those are the ones that seem to snap when I'm stretching 'em out, Really good prices too and free shipping if you spend like $35 i think. I just bought 6 months worth of strings and it cost me like $40.

Post Thanks / Like

Great link Thanks.recently re strung guitars.have several sets out of 30 left along with extra E and B strings.wouldn't ya know it one of the GHS Eric Johnson set broke not E or B but D. guess I look at other singles to both replace the D taken from another set and get other extras.bought most of mine from Suncreek Music.sets and singles.plain and roundwound.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12