Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php on line 2958

Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php on line 2958

Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php on line 2968
Building a 1x12 Thiele/Small guitar cabinet.

Thread: Building a 1x12 Thiele/Small guitar cabinet.

Threaded View

Post Thanks / Like

Default Building a 1x12 Thiele/Small guitar cabinet.

I need a cab for an amp head I'm getting so ima gonna build one. Its based on the plans found here of the EV TL806:

http://archives.telex.com/archives/E...ders Plans.pdf

Seems like Mesa Boogie's cabs are based on this design. I know zilch about woodwork so I enlisted a family member to assist, well. to 'get 'er done' and I'll provide moral support. The handiwork is his, I'm just the helper.

I'm using MDF and pressure treated, dressed white pine for the braces on the inside. Cut the pieces yesterday, glued and nailed the enclosure together. BTW a nail gun is a wonderful thing. Clamped it and left it overnight, going back to do some more stuff on it after work today.

Pics:

Showing the back... I learnt yesterday that those are "sash clamps'.

The knife was used to gently scrape the excess glue from the corners. Thats where the braces will go. The small white boxes are the 'ammo' for the nail gun.

Shot of the inside. Disclaimer: Photos were done with my phone.

Mods: First time I'm posting pics from photobucket so feel free to modify them.

More to follow...
    Last edited by duhvoodooman; July 5th, 2011 at 03:19 PM. Reason: cleaned up the image coding
    “Your sound is in your hands as much as anything. It’s the way you pick, and the way you hold the guitar, more than it is the amp or the guitar you use.” Stevie Ray Vaughan