Thread: Re-release of Simon and Garfunkel-Live 1969...NOT what I usually listen to, but fine

Post Thanks / Like

Default Re-release of Simon and Garfunkel-Live 1969...NOT what I usually listen to, but fine

performances of their earlier music, plus "new songs"...

They took members of the LA Wrecking Crew studio musicians who played on their albums and helped create their music with them on a 6 city tour, and recorded it. This is a new release, and the sound at least of the little I have heard of it is spectacular.

Art Garfunkel's singing on the "new" Bridge Over Troubled Water is a masterpiece...I think this was the first time it had been played in public, well before it was released.

ADDED: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8LPauv39IKQ

Get this even if you don't like their msic. It is history an musical art.

mark

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

While I'm not a huge fan, I appreciate their song writing and vocal harmonies. They are a good example of simplicity that works well.
    Guitar: Gibson SG Standard Natural Burst, Squier CV 50's Tele, Hell Guitars No. 2, Squier CV 50's Strat, Reverend Club King 290, Taylor 522e 12-Fret mahogany,
    Squier Vintage Modified Jaguar Bass Short Scale
    Amp: Fender Super Champ X2 Head, Egnater Tweaker 15, Fender Mustang I, Acoustic B20 1x12 bass amp
    Pedal: Budda Budwah wah, Wampler Ego Compressor, Electro-Harmonix Soul Food, Voodoo Lab Sparkle Drive, Wampler Velvet Fuzz, Seven Sisters Eve Tremolo, TC Electronics Gravy Tri Chorus & Vibrato, Catalinbread Echorec, TC Electronic Alter Ego 2 Delay, Hardwire Supernatural Ambient Verb, MXR Carbon Copy, Catalinbread RAH, Big Muff Pi with Tone Wicker, BYOC Mouse 2.0 Distortion, BYOC Boost/OD-2

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

I went through a S&G phase with a particular girlfriend in college, after we watched "the Graduate" a ga-jillion times. It also hooked me on Alfas. The live at Central Park album came out around then. I still have that on vinyl. I'll check this out, but I am not sure I need to buy any more S&G.
    Steve Thompson
    Sun Valley, Idaho

Guitars: Fender 60th Anniversary Std. Strat, Squier CVC Tele Hagstrom Viking Semi-hollow, Joshua beach guitar, Martin SPD-16TR Dreadnought
    Amphs: Peavey Classic 30, '61 Fender Concert
    Effects and such: Boss: DS-1, CE-5, NS-2 and RC20XL looper, Digitech Bad Monkey, Korg AX1G Multi-effects, Berhinger: TU100 tuner, PB100 Clean Boost, Line 6 Toneport UX2, Electro Harmonix Little Big Muff Pi, DuhVoodooMan's Rabid Rodent Rat Clone, Zonkin Yellow Screamer Mk. II, MXR Carbon Copy Delay

love is the answer, at least for most of the questions in my heart. . .
    - j. johnson