Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php on line 2958
"Mellow"

Thread: "Mellow"

Post Thanks / Like

Default "Mellow"

My wife is wonderful. Very supportive. She listens to each new effort I make.
    I did this one this evening, she listened and smiled and said "Mellow".
    I am a lucky man. Hope you all had a wonderful Thanksgiving and had much to be thankful for.
    Peace
    the oldguy

http://www.box.net/public/7jsnkyhupr

Post Thanks / Like

Oldguy,

The recording sounds so professional and I love the tone and vibe in this track. I pictured it running during one of those break-up scenes in an 80s movie or at the end credits with someone walking away, fading out into the distance. Nice work Oldguy! I dig the tremolo action too! SWEET! I hope to achieve your full sound in our next recordings. This is a keeper I'll add to my "fret.net" collection I use for inspiration. Man I've sure got a lot to learn!

If you don't mind me asking. how did you record the other instruments ? I'd kill to get a sound like that.

Happy Thanksgiving!
    "It's funny the way most people love the dead. Once you are dead, you are made for life." - Jimi Hendrix

Post Thanks / Like

I found this track to have a nice, laid back flow. Slick production here. This is, simply put, a very nicely played and recorded instrumental. Very well done. I enjoyed listening.

Soundcloud - Lights on Project

-Pete

Post Thanks / Like

Anybody besides me reminded of "Rough Boy" by ZZ Top? Very nice stuff, oldguy.
    Axen: Jackson DK2M, Fender Deluxe Nashville Telecaster, Reverend Warhawk 390, Taylor 914ce, ESP LTD Surveyor-414
    Amphen: Jet City JCA22H and JCA12S cab, Carvin X-60 combo, Acoustic B20
    Effecten: "Thesis 96" Overdrive/Boost (aka DVM OD2), Hardwire DL-8 Digital Delay/Looper, DigiTech Polara Reverb, DigiTech EX-7 Expression Factory and CF-7 Chorus Factory, Danelectro CF-1 Cool Cat Fuzz
    "I wish Imagine Dragons would be stuck in an Arcade Fire for an entire Vampire Weekend."--Brian Posehn

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by tremoloman
    I pictured it running during one of those break-up scenes in an 80s movie or at the end credits with someone walking away, fading out into the distance.
    yeah man, that's what i thought too!

sweet playing, Glenn.
    the recording sounds really good.
    do share your technique!
    Last edited by f1point7; November 26th, 2006 at 11:35 PM.
    Guitars: Fender Telecaster MIJ :: Fender Stratocaster MIJ :: Gibson SG Special Faded :: Washburn Acoustic D10 :: Martin Arts & Craft :: Little Martin Acoustic LXK2 :: Musicman Stingray Bass
    Amps: VOX ad50vt
    Pedals: BOSS digital delay :: BOSS DS1 :: MXR overdrive :: CryBaby Wah

Post Thanks / Like

Marnold,
    You're exactly right. It's a backing track that I put my own spin on. When I played it I wasn't trying to copy anything, I was wondering how the bass, drums, and synth would sound played with the lead I had worked out. A lot of rhythm tracks sound entirely different with new melodies. And it's a good way to educate yourself when learning new scales and techniques.
    Whitesnake "is this love" and Satriani " cryin" are also very good backing tracks to build lead work over and learn new scales if that slow style appeals to the individual. Just remember don't copy the tune verbatim or use it for commercial purposes. I think imitation is the.... well, you know. But stay away from infringement. Put a new spin on a chord pattern, a melody, a lead line, see where it takes you. Try "Peter Gunn" theme and then "Batman", combine them and... well, you get the idea. Have Fun!!