Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php on line 2958
George Harrison Documentary to be Released in October

Thread: George Harrison Documentary to be Released in October

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

Default George Harrison Documentary to be Released in October

Article here.
    According to an announcement posted on georgeharrison.com, the Socrsese-directed documentary will see the light of day this fall along with a book of rare photographs. Living in the Material World will cover Harrison's entire life and include contributions from Eric Clapton, Paul McCartney, Yoko Ono, Ringo Starr, Tom Petty and Gerorge Martin, among others.

"I will never forget the first time I heard All Things Must Pass," remembers Scorsese. "The overwhelming feeling of taking in all that glorious music for the first time. It was like walking into a cathedral. George was making spiritually awake music – we all heard and felt it – and I think that was the reason that he came to occupy a very special place in our lives."

Coinciding with the release of the movie, Olivia Harrison will release a companion book containing photos, letters, and other memorabilia from Harrison's personal archive.

Guitar: Gibson SG Standard Natural Burst, Squier CV 50's Tele, Hell Guitars No. 2, Squier CV 50's Strat, Reverend Club King 290, Taylor 522e 12-Fret mahogany,
    Squier Vintage Modified Jaguar Bass Short Scale
    Amp: Fender Super Champ X2 Head, Egnater Tweaker 15, Fender Mustang I, Acoustic B20 1x12 bass amp
    Pedal: Budda Budwah wah, Wampler Ego Compressor, Electro-Harmonix Soul Food, Voodoo Lab Sparkle Drive, Wampler Velvet Fuzz, Seven Sisters Eve Tremolo, TC Electronics Gravy Tri Chorus & Vibrato, Catalinbread Echorec, TC Electronic Alter Ego 2 Delay, Hardwire Supernatural Ambient Verb, MXR Carbon Copy, Catalinbread RAH, Big Muff Pi with Tone Wicker, BYOC Mouse 2.0 Distortion, BYOC Boost/OD-2

Post Thanks / Like

Obviously I am looking forward to seeing this as it's about my hero, but I have a question... how will Marty Scorcese manage to make 2/3 of this film be about Robbie Robertson?
    "I happen to have perfect situational awareness, Lana. Which cannot be taught, by the way. Like a poet's ... mind for ... to make the perfect words." - Sterling Archer

Post Thanks / Like

Great! I can't wait to see this movie. I''m a huge Beatle fan and I'd have to say that George is probably my favorite next to Paul. I got the DVD "Concert for George" and it is my all time favorite concert DVD ever. Amazing music!

--Jim
    Electrics: Hamer Newport, Fender Clapton Strat, Ibanez AF86, Line6 Variax 700
    Acoustic Guitars: Taylor 514CE, Martin J40-M
    Dobro: Regal "Black Lightning Dobro"
    Mandolin: Morgan Monroe Mandolin
    Amps: Egnater Rebel 30, Vox AD120VTX, Roland Cube 60
    http://www.soundclick.com/bands/page...?bandid=301718

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by jpfeifer View Post
    Great! I''m a huge Beatle fan and I'd have to say that George is probably my favorite next to Paul. I got the DVD "Concert for George" and it is my all time favorite concert DVD ever. Amazing music!

--Jim
    Ditto. I can't watch that without a couple of things happening: goosebumps, elation, wonderment and tears. Such an amazing concert DVD.

"No Tele For you." - The Tele Nazi

Ha! Tele-ish now inbound.

Post Thanks / Like

O sweet! can't wait...thanks for the article

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

Looks like HBO owns it, so that is where it will air. (or a torrent the next day)