Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php on line 2958
Nfl 2011 - Page 16
Page 16 of 24 FirstFirst ... 61415161718 ... LastLast

Thread: Nfl 2011

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

"Hey, I have a great idea. In the red zone let's hand the ball off to our tight end." - Pat Shurmur

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Commodore 64 View Post
    "Hey, I have a great idea. In the red zone let's hand the ball off to our tight end." - Pat Shurmur
    Well as long we're attributing quotes from yesterday's game, allow me to add these...

"Let's line up as a CB opposite nobody while my team's two other DBs are on the other side lined up against three receivers." - Antonio Cromartie

"Let's not even notice that the above has happened and call a time out before getting torched by the best QB in the league." - Rex Ryan and Mike Pettine

"Hey look, uncovered receiver." - Tom Brady

"Sigh." - R_of_G
    "I happen to have perfect situational awareness, Lana. Which cannot be taught, by the way. Like a poet's ... mind for ... to make the perfect words." - Sterling Archer

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

Poor Jets fans. You guys got tantalizingly close to being good. At least we Brown's Fans never even get our hopes up.

Post Thanks / Like

How about the Falcons Coach Smith's decision to go for a first on their own 30 in OT? Both the Falcons and Saints looked weak on defense.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Beerman View Post
    How about the Falcons Coach Smith's decision to go for a first on their own 30 in OT? Both the Falcons and Saints looked weak on defense.
    In hindsight, he should have punted. I think they had under a yard to go for the first and NO's offense had been better the second half, so my guess is that he didn't want their Offense on the field at all. Can't say that I blame him too much given the circumstances. No risk, no reward.

I don't think it was a stupid risk either if the yardage was under a yard. Bad choice of a play maybe, but not a dumb-@ss move though.

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

Yeah, I agree. I don't have a problem with that call. They had just marched 94 yards on them, you'd think Turner would have gotten at least an inch.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Commodore 64 View Post
    Poor Jets fans. You guys got tantalizingly close to being good. At least we Brown's Fans never even get our hopes up.
    Better to have loved and lost etc...
    "I happen to have perfect situational awareness, Lana. Which cannot be taught, by the way. Like a poet's ... mind for ... to make the perfect words." - Sterling Archer

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

I don't dislike Shurmur, but I think he clearly has trouble calling plays and being head coach. He never should have called the play wherein a tight end, who had never even been give a hand-off in practice, should run the ball. To me that clearly shows that he was not able to process all the variables going down at that moment.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by sunvalleylaw View Post
    I better pick some other team to root for in addition to the hawks. This darkhorse fandom does not make for knowing much about what is going on in the league. Frankly, in addition, I liked it better when the Hawks were part of the AFC west and we had the traditional rivalries with the Raiders, Denver and Kansas City. That was more interesting to me than this NFC West division.

I think I gotta pick me an AFC team to root for.
    I'm with ya' Steve.

Years ago I picked up R of G's Jets back when Testeverde, Crebet, Martin, etc. made them a really fun team to watch.

So I had great interest when I finally got to watch them play last night and expected a good game. But it was more like watching a repeat of a bad 'Hawks game with loads of bone-headed mistakes (don't even know where to start) against, of all teams, the Patriots. I'll give it to the Patriots that they never miss an opportunity to fully capitalize on any mistakes by the other team.

At least Revis is a helluva fun guy to watch.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by NWBasser View Post
    I'm with ya' Steve.

Years ago I picked up R of G's Jets back when Testeverde, Crebet, Martin, etc. made them a really fun team to watch.

So I had great interest when I finally got to watch them play last night and expected a good game. But it was more like watching a repeat of a bad 'Hawks game with loads of bone-headed mistakes (don't even know where to start) against, of all teams, the Patriots. I'll give it to the Patriots that they never miss an opportunity to fully capitalize on any mistakes by the other team.

At least Revis is a helluva fun guy to watch.
    Lesson one, never count on the Jets. The good times are good if you enjoy them for what they are, but the more expectations fans put on the Jets, the more disappointed we are when they never deliver. The Super Bowl win was shortly prior to my birth so at least my parents have gotten to see them win it all. I've learned the hard way it's never going to happen again.

Revis puts on a clinic every game. Wes Welker was the only Patriot who didn't get to join in the beatdown as he was stuck on the Island.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by R_of_G View Post
    Lesson one, never count on the Jets. The good times are good if you enjoy them for what they are, but the more expectations fans put on the Jets, the more disappointed we are when they never deliver. The Super Bowl win was shortly prior to my birth so at least my parents have gotten to see them win it all. I've learned the hard way it's never going to happen again.

Revis puts on a clinic every game. Wes Welker was the only Patriot who didn't get to join in the beatdown as he was stuck on the Island.
    The way I see it, if they're doing better than the Seahawks, then watching them is time well-spent. Talk about disappointment; the 'Hawks Super Bowl run was absolutely crushing.

I like the Jets, but really only hope to see a good game and hopefully a win. They are ususally, for better or worse, interesting to watch.

I do miss watching Curtis Martin tear up the field though.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by NWBasser View Post
    The way I see it, if they're doing better than the Seahawks, then watching them is time well-spent. Talk about disappointment; the 'Hawks Super Bowl run was absolutely crushing.

I like the Jets, but really only hope to see a good game and hopefully a win. They are ususally, for better or worse, interesting to watch.

I do miss watching Curtis Martin tear up the field though.
    Curtis Martin was a favorite of mine, as was our 1980s feature back Freeman McNeil. With a solid offensive line, Shonn Greene could become a more consistent back. He's tremendous when he gets blocking.

Don't get me wrong, things could be worse than back to back AFC Championship games, but it's time to take the next step and the step they've taken this year is backwards. Right now they have their work cut out to make the playoffs at all.

Speaking of AFC playoff teams, bad news for the Texans losing Schaub. As inconsistent as he is, he's a lot better than Leinart who will have to start now. Good thing they have a strong defense.

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by R_of_G View Post
    Speaking of AFC playoff teams, bad news for the Texans losing Schaub. As inconsistent as he is, he's a lot better than Leinart who will have to start now. Good thing they have a strong defense.
    Just when they were finally getting somewhere, bam!
    I guess time will tell for Leinart. Luckily, he'll have a very healthy Andre Johnson back in to pass to , as well as a great backfield to rush with.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Tig View Post
    Just when they were finally getting somewhere, bam!
    I guess time will tell for Leinart. Luckily, he'll have a very healthy Andre Johnson back in to pass to , as well as a great backfield to rush with.
    Foster is going to see even more carries. He's about to make it up to fantasy owners who missed him those first few weeks when he was injured. The return of Johnson will help Leinart as will the presence of a good tight end like Daniels (which benefits my fantasy team if Leinart can find him). Like I said, with their defense they should still be in most games, but when the playoffs come around, I'd obviously be more comfortable with Schaub than Leinart.

Post Thanks / Like

Sorry for the double-post but I just remembered this.

I read this joke on twitter last night, and it made me think of Commodore64.

"The safest place to be during a tornado is Cleveland Browns Stadium because there's no possibility of a touchdown."

Thought you'd appreciate that one C64.

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

ha, yeah we heard that a lot last year with Mangenious. More of the same with Shurmur, except at least Mangini was able to beat a few good teams.

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

Owen Daniels is still somewhat underrated. I wish they'd go to him more often.

Post Thanks / Like

The Cult of Tebow is at it again.

Yeah, it was a nice run on that one play. Whoop-dee-freakin'-doo.

I watched the entirety of the game, the third Broncos game I've watched whole since Tebow took the reigns of the offense.

Triple options? Inverted wishbone formations? Are the Broncos a high school team?

I don't care about the record or any of that, if anyone thinks running this ludicrous offense will work consistently at the NFL level either has a lack of understanding of this game or has their own agenda for insisting Tebow will make it work. Seems to me the Jets pretty much shut that offense down for 58 minutes with no problem whatsoever. Not sure why in the last two minutes Rex and Pettine went with an extra DB against the one QB who you can pretty much guarantee ain't gonna beat you with his arm.

The media can spin it however they'd like but the story of last night's game is NOT another miraculous comeback by the great anointed one. The story was the complete and utter incompetence of the Jets offense.

If the Jets could generate even minimal offense, they'd never have been in a position to lose in the last minute. Take away that incredibly predictable pick-6 that Sanchez threw and once more the Jets defense holds an opponent to 10 and still loses because the offense is just so ridiculously inept.

I'm tired of the excuses fans and the media want to make for Sanchez. Yes, his line is not what it was two years ago. Yes, Tomlinson and Greene being banged up changes the running game. Regardless, a team with a good QB adjusts instead of stubbornly trying to force the same things to work. I'm tired of hearing about the "two AFC Championship Games" in two years. So what? If Sanchez could play consistently, we'd have won the first of them.

Post Thanks / Like

The option is only good for getting a QB hurt. It will work sometimes but if a team lives by the option, they will fail more times than not.
    That said, 4-1 under Tebow makes me think he's got help from above. What's so wrong about that?

Page 16 of 24 FirstFirst ... 61415161718 ... LastLast