Page 19 of 24 FirstFirst ... 91718192021 ... LastLast

Thread: Nfl 2011

Post Thanks / Like

Pitt and San Fran look like it could be a good game but will Big Ben play?
    And of course, Tebow mania may have to take a week off whilst playing the Pats but from what I've read, the Patriots don't play so well in Mile High. Could be interesting.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Beerman View Post
    And of course, Tebow mania may have to take a week off whilst playing the Pats but from what I've read, the Patriots don't play so well in Mile High. Could be interesting.
    New England's defense is terrible as well so who knows what can be accomplished against them.

The Denver defense is very good, but nobody matches up with Gronkowski.. As long as the line gives him protection, I expect Brady to put this one so far out of reach that by the time "Tebow Time" rolls around in the fourth quarter the deficit will be insurmountable, even by the anointed one.

Bucs play tonight against the Cowboys. I wouldn't expect the Bucs to win the way they're playing but Dallas has a history of playing poorly in December and the Bucs have a history of winning games that mean absolutely nothing so it's a pick 'em.
    "I happen to have perfect situational awareness, Lana. Which cannot be taught, by the way. Like a poet's ... mind for ... to make the perfect words." - Sterling Archer

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

I'll be heading up to a yurt in the mountains so will not catch the game, but hope for a good game for all you fans.
    Steve Thompson
    Sun Valley, Idaho

Guitars: Fender 60th Anniversary Std. Strat, Squier CVC Tele Hagstrom Viking Semi-hollow, Joshua beach guitar, Martin SPD-16TR Dreadnought
    Amphs: Peavey Classic 30, '61 Fender Concert
    Effects and such: Boss: DS-1, CE-5, NS-2 and RC20XL looper, Digitech Bad Monkey, Korg AX1G Multi-effects, Berhinger: TU100 tuner, PB100 Clean Boost, Line 6 Toneport UX2, Electro Harmonix Little Big Muff Pi, DuhVoodooMan's Rabid Rodent Rat Clone, Zonkin Yellow Screamer Mk. II, MXR Carbon Copy Delay

love is the answer, at least for most of the questions in my heart. . .
    - j. johnson

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by sunvalleylaw View Post
    I'll be heading up to a yurt in the mountains so will not catch the game, but hope for a good game for all you fans.
    The way the Bucs have been playing, I'd probably be happier in a yurt in the mountains as well on game days. Enjoy your trip Steve!
    "I happen to have perfect situational awareness, Lana. Which cannot be taught, by the way. Like a poet's ... mind for ... to make the perfect words." - Sterling Archer

Post Thanks / Like

A number of weeks ago, the IGGLES beat up on the Ryan brother who coaches the Cowboys D....trounced really. Today, the Iggles trounced the OTHER brother.....Rex Ryan's Jets. SWEET!!! We get another shot at the Cowboys's Ryan next Saturday.

LIONS looked good in coming back on the Raiders. Tebow lost to Brady. Pack finally lost and the Chargers are smokin' the Ravens as I type.

Post Thanks / Like

Howdy for the Saints nice game from the team and Drew Brees which is getting closer to the All Time record of Dan Marino ! I was surprised by the lost of the Giants didn't expect that
    Guitars:
    1978 Fender Telecaster Thinline Custom USA, New Nash TL-72 Thinline Telecaster, 1965 Harmony Meteor, H71, 1986 Fender Telecaster Esquire MIJ, New Martin J-41 Special, 1933 National Duolian, 1941, New Eastwood Mandocaster 12 strings

Amps:
    Tweed Vibrolux Custom Denis Manlay, 1976 Fender Deluxe Reverb Silverface

Post Thanks / Like

Things are setting up nicely for tonite too. Just read that Big Ben is playing tonite and since the Ravens lost last night, number 1 seed is the Steelers if they win. Also, if San Fran looses, my Saints have a better shot at the No. 2 seed.
    I think of the Ravens as possibly the best defense in the league and how they loss to a struggling San Diego team is beyond me but then again, the Chiefs beat the Packers and a struggling Eagles team beat a so-so Giants team.

Isn't it a great time of year?

Post Thanks / Like

Things are setting up nicely for tonite too. Just read that Big Ben is playing tonite and since the Ravens lost last night, number 1 seed is the Steelers if they win. Also, if San Fran looses, my Saints have a better shot at the No. 2 seed.
    I think of the Ravens as possibly the best defense in the league and how they loss to a struggling San Diego team is beyond me but then again, the Chiefs beat the Packers and a struggling Eagles team beat a so-so Giants team.

Isn't it a great time of year?
    Absolutely right this was quite a big surprise sunday with the lost of Giants and Packers as well as the Jets against the struggling Iggles. Would love to see the Steelers get the conference title since as well as I respect teh Ravens for their thougness I don't really appreciate the way they play.

Go Saints Go !!!!!!!!!!
    Guitars:
    1978 Fender Telecaster Thinline Custom USA, New Nash TL-72 Thinline Telecaster, 1965 Harmony Meteor, H71, 1986 Fender Telecaster Esquire MIJ, New Martin J-41 Special, 1933 National Duolian, 1941, New Eastwood Mandocaster 12 strings

Amps:

Post Thanks / Like

Megatron was huge--literally and figuratively. I was disproportionately giddy for the first winning season since, gulp, 2000 (or, to make it sound worse, in this millennium). Two of R of J's teams cost me a chance to be in my fantasy league's title game due to Shonn Greene returning to normal and Mike Williams getting exactly zero points.

The Lions are going to have real problems with the Chargers on Saturday if they play the same way they did against the Ravens.
    Axen: Jackson DK2M, Fender Deluxe Nashville Telecaster, Reverend Warhawk 390, Taylor 914ce, ESP LTD Surveyor-414
    Amphen: Jet City JCA22H and JCA12S cab, Carvin X-60 combo, Acoustic B20
    Effecten: "Thesis 96" Overdrive/Boost (aka DVM OD2), Hardwire DL-8 Digital Delay/Looper, DigiTech Polara Reverb, DigiTech EX-7 Expression Factory and CF-7 Chorus Factory, Danelectro CF-1 Cool Cat Fuzz
    "I wish Imagine Dragons would be stuck in an Arcade Fire for an entire Vampire Weekend."--Brian Posehn

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by marnold View Post
    Two of R of J's teams cost me a chance to be in my fantasy league's title game due to Shonn Greene returning to normal and Mike Williams getting exactly zero points.
    Don't blame Greene, he runs behind one of the worst run-blocking lines I have ever seen. The few plays where the were holes, Greene hit them every time. Of course every time that happened, Schottenheimer would sub in LT because he thinks this is still 2005 and LT would get nothing and the Jets would punt. I hope that Brian Schottenheimer's terrible play-calling yesterday didn't ruin his chances of getting a head coaching job someplace else because I don't want to be stuck with him again.

I wasn't the least bit surprised to see the Jets lose. When only three or four guys actually show up to play the game, that's what happens. It's getting a little old seeing Mangold, Ferguson, Greene, Revis and Harris being the only ones to play consistent football for four quarters.

Of course, in fairness to guys like Matt Slauson and Wayne Hunter and Antonion Cromartie, they brought their full efforts for four quarters, they're just so incompetent as to not belong on an NFL football field. The Jets could have done better yesterday not lining up a right tackle at all than having Hunter out there. Sanchez makes poor enough decisions when he has all day to throw the ball. When he's up close and personal with Jason Babin on every other play he's going to play like he did yesterday.

Now that people realize the Packers are mortal I am beginning to feel even stronger about my pre-season pick of New Orleans to win it all this year. That team gets more and more dangerous each week. This is not to say the Packers are not still extremely good, but they took two hits to their offensive line yesterday that could make things interesting.

I can also say, for the first time in my life, that I was glad the Patriots won yesterday so presumably the hype-machine will finally stop with the Tebow garbage already.

I don't even want to talk about the Bucs, though I will.

There's no excuse for that kind of colossal underachievement. I like Raheem Morris but if I were GM, he'd have a lot of questions to answer this off-season before I was sure how much longer I'd be keeping him as my Head Coach.

The saddest part was seeing Ronder Barber get beaten so badly play after play. I have a ton of respect for Ronde, he's among my favorite Bucs ever, but he should have retired a couple of years ago. He's tarnishing his own credibility and more importantly the Bucs chances to make stops. It reminds me of two seasons ago when Derrick Brooks came back for one last season he shouldn't have. It was sad to see a sure future Hall of Famer getting run-over by younger stronger guys.

Let's just say that other than a handful of positions, the Bucs could draft just about anyone this coming spring and fill a need position. I still believe in Freeman. I still believe in Blount. Other than those two spots or the D-Line, the Bucs needs help everywhere.

Post Thanks / Like

The Packers and Saints have lots of similarities. Both have suspect defense and great offenses. However, as much as I'd like to see the Saints, I'm doubtful. I was thinking Packers/Ravens but last nights game showed me that the Ravens defense can be tricked. Pre-season I picked Green Bay and San Diego but that's not likely to happen. I'm out of guesses the way things are happening these last 2 weeks.

Post Thanks / Like

It's too bad Steve was away in the yurt, because the Seahawks slammed the Bears.

Thanks mostly to the character behind Chicago's center though. The Bears may have well just snapped the ball in the other direction. Before yesterday, I'd thought Rick Mirer to be the worst QB ever.

It looks like the Seahawks may get an shot at the playoffs, but I rather doubt they'll advance far at all. If an opponent can stop Lynch, there aren't any other real offensive weapons left in the lineup.

I think Tavaris Jackson has mastered the art of rolling right and throwing out of bounds...

Post Thanks / Like

The Packers and Saints have lots of similarities. Both have suspect defense and great offenses. However, as much as I'd like to see the Saints, I'm doubtful. I was thinking Packers/Ravens but last nights game showed me that the Ravens defense can be tricked. Pre-season I picked Green Bay and San Diego but that's not likely to happen. I'm out of guesses the way things are happening these last 2 weeks.
    Hey, I'll take a stab and pick the Patriots and the Niners for the SB.

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by NWBasser View Post
    It's too bad Steve was away in the yurt, because the Seahawks slammed the Bears.

Thanks mostly to the character behind Chicago's center though. The Bears may have well just snapped the ball in the other direction. Before yesterday, I'd thought Rick Mirer to be the worst QB ever.

It looks like the Seahawks may get an shot at the playoffs, but I rather doubt they'll advance far at all. If an opponent can stop Lynch, there aren't any other real offensive weapons left in the lineup.

I think Tavaris Jackson has mastered the art of rolling right and throwing out of bounds...

Wow, would have been fun. Always fun to beat da Bears. As anyone who has read the thread knows, I agree with you though. If Lynch can't do his thing, or if our line gets pushed around at all, its not gonna happen that game. We needs a better and deeper front line, and another offensive threat.
    Steve Thompson
    Sun Valley, Idaho

Guitars: Fender 60th Anniversary Std. Strat, Squier CVC Tele Hagstrom Viking Semi-hollow, Joshua beach guitar, Martin SPD-16TR Dreadnought
    Amphs: Peavey Classic 30, '61 Fender Concert
    Effects and such: Boss: DS-1, CE-5, NS-2 and RC20XL looper, Digitech Bad Monkey, Korg AX1G Multi-effects, Berhinger: TU100 tuner, PB100 Clean Boost, Line 6 Toneport UX2, Electro Harmonix Little Big Muff Pi, DuhVoodooMan's Rabid Rodent Rat Clone, Zonkin Yellow Screamer Mk. II, MXR Carbon Copy Delay

love is the answer, at least for most of the questions in my heart. . .
    - j. johnson

Post Thanks / Like

Things are setting up nicely for tonite too. Just read that Big Ben is playing tonite and since the Ravens lost last night, number 1 seed is the Steelers if they win.
    Does Pittsburgh get the #1 if they win tonight? I know they'd win their division, but they'd still be tied with New England for the #1 overall in the AFC with two weeks to go. Personally, I think they're out of their minds if they play Roethlisberger tonight. They are making the playoffs one way or the other so why risk their most important offensive player? I'd rather have him out tonight than in January, especially with Pouncey already out tonight (meaning protection is weaker).

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by R_of_G View Post
    Does Pittsburgh get the #1 if they win tonight? I know they'd win their division, but they'd still be tied with New England for the #1 overall in the AFC with two weeks to go. Personally, I think they're out of their minds if they play Roethlisberger tonight. They are making the playoffs one way or the other so why risk their most important offensive player? I'd rather have him out tonight than in January, especially with Pouncey already out tonight (meaning protection is weaker).
    Sorry, I'm late and after the fact but I was under the impression that if Pitt won 2 of their last 3, they would be number 1 but reading things this morning, it sounds like that wasn't necessarily true. I give Ben credit for playing but a more mobile QB might have helped Pitt much better. I'm not sure if even a second string QB would have thrown 3 interceptions (was it 3 last night?). You can't turn the ball over in an enemy field and expect to win even if it were a mediocre team much less San Fran. They were playing for a high seed as well.

Post Thanks / Like

So, how 'bout them Colt! Two in a row for the older Manning's [former?] team... also, first time in NFL history a team with 1 win (or less) has beaten a team with 10 wins.

Scott
    "...and I am outta here!"
    Scott

Guitars:
    Dean EVO Exotic Burl, EVO Special, Vendetta 1000 FR, Stagg Les Paul copy, Squier Standard Telecaster, Squier MIK Stratocaster
    Amps:
    Fender Princeton 65 (solid state), Vox AD15VT, Peavey Windsor Studio, Crate Vintage Club 50 2x12
    Pedals:
    DOD FX40B (x2), FX50, FX52, FX55, FX65, FX67, FX80
    Washburn LSESLD, LSBOD
    BBE Free Fuzz
    Behringer EM300, VP1, PH9
    Dunlop GCB-95
    ProCo Rat II "The Rat"
    DigiTech Bad Monkey, RP90
    Rockman Soloist
    and many, many, many more!

Post Thanks / Like

It's funny but I was smelling that result before the game the Colts team seem to be ready for fighting to ending up the season with no more losses !
    Guitars:

Amps:

Post Thanks / Like

There's a reason things like "That's why they play the games" or "On any given Sunday" become cliches, because they're true.

Would the Packers beat the Chiefs nine times out of ten? Probably. Hell, they'd probably beat them 99 times out of 100, but there's always that 100th time and it's impossible to predict when it's coming.

I'm all for statistics and probability, but in the end, they only tell you what is most likely to happen, not what will actually happen. Once the clock starts running, the only thing that matters is execution.

Anyone who writes off any game as a "lock" is involved in self-deception.

If sports were truly that predictable they'd be unwatchable.

PS. I'm also glad the Colts have won a couple at the end here to further dampen the ridiculous notion that any professional sports team would intentionally tank a season in order to draft an unproven prospect. The Colts fans were booing at the end of the game last night because the Colts are no longer a lock for the #1 pick. Those "fans" are idiots.

Page 19 of 24 FirstFirst ... 91718192021 ... LastLast