Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php on line 2958
NGD finally an Agile! - Page 2
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: NGD finally an Agile!

North of the Equator: I am a Southerner, Southern Ontario!
    Post Thanks / Like

Finally got the pictures done.

Anf finally one of the Black Tusk Nut.
    The Blues is alright!

Guitars: 1968 Gibson SG, 2005 Gibson SG Standard, 2006 Gibson LP Classic Gold top, 2004 Epiphone Elitist LP Custom, 1996 Gibson Les Paul Standard. 2001 Epiphone Sheraton II, 2007 Epiphone G400.
    Fender Strats: 1996 Fender 68 Reissue CIJ, 2008 Squier CV 50s, 2009 Squier CV 50s Tele Butterescotch Blonde

Amps: Blues Junior Special edition Jensen in Brown Tolex with Wheat front, 65 Deluxe Reverb reissue,1970 Sonax reverb by Traynor, Avatar Custom 2/12 Cabinet with Eminence Legend V1216 speakers,
    2008 DSL100 Marshall Amp , Fender Super Champ XD,Fender Vibro Champ XD

Effects and Pedals: Fulltone Fulldrive II, Fulltone OCD, Fulltone Mini Deja Vibe, Fulltone Fat Boost, Dunlop Crybaby Wah, Boss DS1, Boss DD20 Giga Delay, Boss TU2 tuner, Boss BD2, Ibanez TS9 Tube screamer, Zoom 505. Radial tonebone hot british.

Post Thanks / Like

Oh yea man - that's NICE looking!
    Dave
    Guitars: Ibanez AF-75, Schecter Solo-6 Custom, Douglas SG
    Amps: Fender Princeton 65, Marshall AVT50
    Pedals: Metal Muff, MXR Smart Gate, EHX Cathedral Reverb, Digitech RP-255

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by progrmr View Post
    Oh yea man - that's NICE looking!
    Yes, thanks for that.
    One other thing about this guitar is that it is Loud. It must be the pickups. I had to turn down the volume on my amps.
    I meausred the pickups and they are 7.69, and 8.50. Neck and bridge. PAF territory for sure.
    The tone controls are quite responsive as well. I am pretty sure it will stay as it is.
    BTW. I also purchased the Douglas brown case that Rondo sells. I am not that happy with the fit of the guitar.
    The Agile fits perfectly in my Gibson case. It does not move at all and the dimensions must be identical to the Gibson LP.
    So I am wondering why the Agile has some movement top bottom in the Douglas Case. I thought the Agiles must be larger but mine is not.
    So my next question to other Agile owners is when you put the guitar into the case can you slide the guitar up and down inside the case? I am only asking because there might be a possibility that the solid non lightweight guitars are slightly larger in the body.
    The Blues is alright!

Guitars: 1968 Gibson SG, 2005 Gibson SG Standard, 2006 Gibson LP Classic Gold top, 2004 Epiphone Elitist LP Custom, 1996 Gibson Les Paul Standard. 2001 Epiphone Sheraton II, 2007 Epiphone G400.
    Fender Strats: 1996 Fender 68 Reissue CIJ, 2008 Squier CV 50s, 2009 Squier CV 50s Tele Butterescotch Blonde

Amps: Blues Junior Special edition Jensen in Brown Tolex with Wheat front, 65 Deluxe Reverb reissue,1970 Sonax reverb by Traynor, Avatar Custom 2/12 Cabinet with Eminence Legend V1216 speakers,

Effects and Pedals: Fulltone Fulldrive II, Fulltone OCD, Fulltone Mini Deja Vibe, Fulltone Fat Boost, Dunlop Crybaby Wah, Boss DS1, Boss DD20 Giga Delay, Boss TU2 tuner, Boss BD2, Ibanez TS9 Tube screamer, Zoom 505. Radial tonebone hot british.

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

That's one gorgeous Axe, I love the binding. Congrats Dude!
    - Lev

Main Guitars: Fender US Deluxe HSS Strat, PRS SE C24, Fender Baja Tele
    Bass Guitar: Squier VM Jaguar Special
    Main Amp: Vox AC15
    Main Effects: Digitech EXP-7, Line6 M5, Soul Food, Sub n UP, Flashback, Polara Verb
    Vids: www.youtube.com/levguitar

W. Branch of Susquehanna River, Pennsylvania
    Post Thanks / Like

Those are some beautiful pictures that show the saddles and other things you have mentioned. Beautiful amber flamed maple.
    Duffy Bolduc
    South Williamsport, Pa.

"Now all the things that use to mean so much to me has got me old before my time." G. Allman, "Old Before My Time", Hittin' the Note.

Major changes to guitars and amps, to be updated soon.

Fiance - Supportive of musical art

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Duffy View Post
    Those are some beautiful pictures that show the saddles and other things you have mentioned. Beautiful amber flamed maple.
    Thanks to you Duffy I am a very happy camper with this guitar, you kept telling me I would regret not buying it and you would have been correct. The more I play it the more I am just blown away by how nice it plays. I was a little worried about the neck heavyness but I realized after that I had on a Sta-dri nylon shirt, and a Nylon strap. I am surprised it didn't fall off all together.
    I almost talked myself out of buying it. Glad I didn't.
    The Blues is alright!

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Lev View Post
    That's one gorgeous Axe, I love the binding. Congrats Dude!
    I was looking at a lemon drop from Vintage Guitars, and the local supplier had it on for 599 Can. PLus 13% tax. It looked really similar to this one. The Agile was 449 US no tax. There are many upgrades. The set up was just about perfect right out of the box. The only thing I had to do was raise the neck pickup a little.
    It even came with my favourite strings!
    The Blues is alright!

Post Thanks / Like

Congrats on your Agile. Definitley a beauty. Your're giving me a bit of gas!!!

Post Thanks / Like

That's one pretty guitar, ZMAN! Congrats -- I'm glad that you're happy with it.
    Quote Originally Posted by Spudman
    Does anyone read the original post?
    Guitars: Gibson LP Studio, MIA Fender Precision, Carvin C350
    Amps: Genz Benz Shuttle 6.0 + Avatar B212 / Genzler 12-3, Acoustic B20
    Pedals: Pod HD500X, Diamond Compressor, Tech 21 VT Bass, Sonic Research Turbo Tuner

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

Beautiful Agile, ZMAN! I'm impressed by how it is so enjoyable for you to play.

If I had that guitar, it would be like the ugly dude with a hot chick on his arm... "That guitar is too good for him. He much be rich."
    Guitar: Gibson SG Standard Natural Burst, Squier CV 50's Tele, Hell Guitars No. 2, Squier CV 50's Strat, Reverend Club King 290, Taylor 522e 12-Fret mahogany,
    Squier Vintage Modified Jaguar Bass Short Scale
    Amp: Fender Super Champ X2 Head, Egnater Tweaker 15, Fender Mustang I, Acoustic B20 1x12 bass amp
    Pedal: Budda Budwah wah, Wampler Ego Compressor, Electro-Harmonix Soul Food, Voodoo Lab Sparkle Drive, Wampler Velvet Fuzz, Seven Sisters Eve Tremolo, TC Electronics Gravy Tri Chorus & Vibrato, Catalinbread Echorec, TC Electronic Alter Ego 2 Delay, Hardwire Supernatural Ambient Verb, MXR Carbon Copy, Catalinbread RAH, Big Muff Pi with Tone Wicker, BYOC Mouse 2.0 Distortion, BYOC Boost/OD-2

Post Thanks / Like

Is that one of hollow Agile 3125s that just got recalled?

Kidding. Nice guitar.

"No Tele For you." - The Tele Nazi

Ha! Tele-ish now inbound.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Tig View Post
    Beautiful Agile, ZMAN! I'm impressed by how it is so enjoyable for you to play.

If I had that guitar, it would be like the ugly dude with a hot chick on his arm... "That guitar is too good for him. He much be rich."
    I always look at it this way. "They say money can't buy you love, but it sure can put you in a good bargaining position".
    Not often you get such good looks and playability in the same package.
    The Blues is alright!

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Spudman View Post
    Is that one of hollow Agile 3125s that just got recalled?

Kidding. Nice guitar.
    Yes, I got the recall notice from Kurt today. It is going back.

NOT!
    The Blues is alright!

Post Thanks / Like

A quick question for you Agile owners. Do all of them have these large strap buttons. It is pretty hard to get the leather straps on an off. It certainly won't fall of for sure. Don't need a strap lock with these ones!
    The Blues is alright!

Post Thanks / Like

WOW! That's a beautiful guitar, Z. Congrats!
    Guitars:
    Fender 2006 MIM Fender Stratocaster HSS in 3TS
    Ibanez RG 570 with a bridge Invader
    ESP M II Deluxe with a Tune-o-Matic bridge
    Eleanor, the magical, mystical Road Worn wonder Tele
    Blackstar HT Club 40

Post Thanks / Like

Very nice grain on the back, and a beautiful top! I do find that my Agiles aren't super snug in the Dougie cases. Good enough for my purposes, though. I couldn't tell you about the strap buttons, since they come off almost immediately to be replaced by Marvel strap locks.
    -Sean
    Guitars: Lots.
    Amphs: More than last year.
    Pedals: Many, although I go straight from guitar to amp more often lately.

Post Thanks / Like

ZMAN, from what I've seen all Agile strap buttons are huge. I used a leather strap with those buttons for a long time with no problems, though I have replaced them with strap locks at this point. Still, I think they're very solid strap buttons if you don't feel like swapping them out.
    Quote Originally Posted by Spudman
    Does anyone read the original post?
    Guitars: Gibson LP Studio, MIA Fender Precision, Carvin C350
    Amps: Genz Benz Shuttle 6.0 + Avatar B212 / Genzler 12-3, Acoustic B20
    Pedals: Pod HD500X, Diamond Compressor, Tech 21 VT Bass, Sonic Research Turbo Tuner

Post Thanks / Like

Thanks Eric, I would rather they were hard to get on and off. Most of my guitars either have locks or the smaller strap buttons. I have never seen anything like these. I will probably leave them anyway. The strap I have is pretty new and I only had it on one guitar so the openings are still pretty stiff.
    The Blues is alright!

Post Thanks / Like

Great looking guitar! The only thing that would make it look better is to replace the truss cover with something like Syo did with his Hell guitars. Congrats!!

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast