Quote Originally Posted by ZMAN View Post
Eric This is my opinion, but I did not like the Spider IV 15 at all. The tone was terrible. I took some time out from unpacking to give it a quick few minutes, on my Vibro Champ. It sounded really sweet and it was like night and day.
I will have more time tomorrow and will give it a good work out. But to say the least you couldn't give me the Spider IV.
Spudman I will check the volume and get back to you.
Update"
I finally got to play it upright with a strap and guess what. It is slightly neck heavy.
I compared it to my Gibson Classic GT with the chambered body and the body is slightly heavier on the Gibson and the neck slightly lighter.
It is the opposite with the Agile. I tried my wide leather strap on it and it works perfectly.
The volume controls are very nice and it has an excellent ring to it. I have never owned a quitar with a Graph tec Black tusk nut and the Graph Tec ResoMax NVS2 bridge with the Graphite string saver saddles. I looked them up and they are 14 dollars for the nut and 99 bucks for the bridge if bought separately from Graph tec. They really seem to add a lot to the tone and resonance of the strings.
The D'addario strings help as well. They feel like heavy 10s to me.
The neck heaviness may be an issue for some but the over all weight is perfect for an LP.
It really holds up well to my Gibson, and the price difference of 1550 dollars makes it very desirable.
I haven't opened up the cavity to see what the controls look like but the guitar is very responsive to tone and volume adjustments and I have no complaints there.
I raised the neck pickup a touch and that cleaned it up considerably. So far I am really impressed.
In there you'll find the ubiquitous full-sized Alpha pots and those lovely chicklet caps. The pots are fine, I've never had any issues with any of mine. The chicklet cap, I'd replace. I believe Kurt specs .047 caps in those for some reason. If you like the tone though, maybe just roll with it.