Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php on line 2958

Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php on line 2958

*Sigh* Bought Another Guitar - Page 2
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: *Sigh* Bought Another Guitar

Post Thanks / Like

Guys, I posted a follow-up thread to this:

http://www.thefret.net/showthread.ph...l=1#post211926

The CV is a fantastic instrument, in my case for a little more green I got a custom built Esquire from Rob DiStefano, a fantastic local luthier.

Soundcloud - Lights on Project

-Pete

W. Branch of Susquehanna River, Pennsylvania
    Post Thanks / Like

Wow.
    Duffy Bolduc
    South Williamsport, Pa.

"Now all the things that use to mean so much to me has got me old before my time." G. Allman, "Old Before My Time", Hittin' the Note.

Major changes to guitars and amps, to be updated soon.

Fiance - Supportive of musical art

Post Thanks / Like

Post Thanks / Like

Nice tele, Brian

-Pete

Post Thanks / Like

Thumbs up

Quote Originally Posted by stingx View Post
    Nice tele, Brian
    Haha, thanks. Except for the neck pup (and control-plate flip), yours is a dead ringer for it! Mine's an '87 '52 RI that a bandmate at my former church sold me for probably about half what it was worth, simply because he wasn't playing it!

I need to gig it a lot more than I do. It has the funky original '50's wiring scheme, which takes some getting used to, but I actually like. Although many if not most think that that set-up won't allow for neck+bridge pickup selection, it's still do-able, you just have to put the pickup selector at the "in-between" "no-notch" setting midway between the neck and bridge detents. Which is what early Strat players did with their 3-position switches to get "quack."

Post Thanks / Like

Can't tell from your picture but can you see some wood grain through your finish? I can see just a hint in mine. A little more would have been perfect but I still like the finish just the same.

-Pete

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by stingx View Post
    After being bombarded for so long by all the raves for the CV50s tele, and being that I was thinking of doing another Micawber or Esquire, I ordered one from Sweetwater for a sweet price. I have a shipment of parts on the way from Stewmac - pickguard for my project along with knobs and electrosocket jack. I'll post pics when done but this one is getting reverse plate mod w/ 4-way switching. Should be quick and painless.
    Whats the CV bit? Ive not come across this guitar model in the UK.

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by crowhue View Post
    Whats the CV bit? Ive not come across this guitar model in the UK.
    It stands for "Classic Vibe", but you won't see "CV" on the actual guitar. That's just our bit.

I'm sure there are a few Squier Classic Vibe 50's/60's Strat's and Tele's in and about UK. I'd like to see how some of the Heritage guitars compare against them.
    Guitar: Gibson SG Standard Natural Burst, Squier CV 50's Tele, Hell Guitars No. 2, Squier CV 50's Strat, Reverend Club King 290, Taylor 522e 12-Fret mahogany,
    Squier Vintage Modified Jaguar Bass Short Scale
    Amp: Fender Super Champ X2 Head, Egnater Tweaker 15, Fender Mustang I, Acoustic B20 1x12 bass amp
    Pedal: Budda Budwah wah, Wampler Ego Compressor, Electro-Harmonix Soul Food, Voodoo Lab Sparkle Drive, Wampler Velvet Fuzz, Seven Sisters Eve Tremolo, TC Electronics Gravy Tri Chorus & Vibrato, Catalinbread Echorec, TC Electronic Alter Ego 2 Delay, Hardwire Supernatural Ambient Verb, MXR Carbon Copy, Catalinbread RAH, Big Muff Pi with Tone Wicker, BYOC Mouse 2.0 Distortion, BYOC Boost/OD-2

Post Thanks / Like

Question

Quote Originally Posted by Tig View Post
    It stands for "Classic Vibe", but you won't see "CV" on the actual guitar. That's just our bit.

I'm sure there are a few Squier Classic Vibe 50's/60's Strat's and Tele's in and about UK. I'd like to see how some of the Heritage guitars compare against them.
    Heritage? Those are Gibsonesque US-made guitars from the old Kalamazoo plant.

Did you mean the UK import brand "Vintage?"

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Brian Krashpad View Post
    Heritage? Those are Gibsonesque US-made guitars from the old Kalamazoo plant.

Did you mean the UK import brand "Vintage?"
    Oop's, you are correct. Meant the Vintage brand guitars that Wilkinson is associated with. I'll blame working nights!
    http://www.jhs.co.uk/vintageelectric.html

Post Thanks / Like

Thumbs up

Quote Originally Posted by Tig View Post
    Oop's, you are correct. Meant the Vintage brand guitars that Wilkinson is associated with. I'll blame working nights!
    http://www.jhs.co.uk/vintageelectric.html
    No worries, I knew what you meant! I done read a mind over teh intranets!

W. Branch of Susquehanna River, Pennsylvania
    Post Thanks / Like

What are those pickups in that pictured CV Krash? Can't read the name. How do they sound?
    Duffy Bolduc
    South Williamsport, Pa.

"Now all the things that use to mean so much to me has got me old before my time." G. Allman, "Old Before My Time", Hittin' the Note.

Major changes to guitars and amps, to be updated soon.

Fiance - Supportive of musical art

Post Thanks / Like

Thumbs up

Quote Originally Posted by Duffy View Post
    What are those pickups in that pictured CV Krash? Can't read the name. How do they sound?
    That's not a CV, but a "Vintage" brand guitar that Tig had meant to reference. The pups are Wilkinson, as Trev is affiliated with or a founder of the Vintage brand. I haven't heard them, as they're a UK import brand. I do have cyber-buds from Blighty who have Vintage brand guitars, who are very fond of them, though I believe they own LP copies rather than Strats.

Post Thanks / Like

There's a distributor in NJ if you like Vintage Guitars - Kenny's Music Box

http://www.kennysmusicbox.com/

I've tried the Icon 100 LP series and thought they were pretty good.

-Pete

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12