Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php on line 2958

Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php on line 2958
*Sigh* Bought Another Guitar
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: *Sigh* Bought Another Guitar

Post Thanks / Like

Default *Sigh* Bought Another Guitar

After being bombarded for so long by all the raves for the CV50s tele, and being that I was thinking of doing another Micawber or Esquire, I ordered one from Sweetwater for a sweet price. I have a shipment of parts on the way from Stewmac - pickguard for my project along with knobs and electrosocket jack. I'll post pics when done but this one is getting reverse plate mod w/ 4-way switching. Should be quick and painless.
    Soundcloud - Lights on Project

-Pete

Post Thanks / Like

Which version of the CV50s did you order? If it's butterscotch I'll be really envious.

"No Tele For you." - The Tele Nazi

Ha! Tele-ish now inbound.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Spudman View Post
    Which version of the CV50s did you order? If it's butterscotch I'll be really envious.
    Don't be envious, just plain ol vintage blonde. Don't know why but I like it better.

-Pete

Camrose, Alberta, Canada - used to be Umea Sweden.
    Post Thanks / Like

Ha, congrats!

It sounds great, and has the looks too.
    The Law of Gravity is nonsense. No such law exists. If I think I float, and you think I float, then it happens.
    Master Guitar Academy - I also teach via SKYPE.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Robert View Post
    Ha, congrats!

It sounds great, and has the looks too.
    It'll look very personalized when I am through with it. Do you still have yours, Robert?

-Pete

Camrose, Alberta, Canada - used to be Umea Sweden.
    Post Thanks / Like

I still have mine but I think I will sell it.

Hell kinda took over...
    The Law of Gravity is nonsense. No such law exists. If I think I float, and you think I float, then it happens.
    Master Guitar Academy - I also teach via SKYPE.

Post Thanks / Like

Lol

-Pete

Post Thanks / Like

Post Thanks / Like

Ah, Brian, so true. I'll make good and post tonight.

-Pete

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by stingx View Post
    I'll post pics when done but this one is getting reverse plate mod w/ 4-way switching. Should be quick and painless.
    What's the fourth position going to be: pups in series or no tone pot in the circuit? If you don't mind, could you list the links to the parts you bought? I might do something similar on mine eventually.
    Quote Originally Posted by Spudman
    Does anyone read the original post?
    Guitars: Gibson LP Studio, MIA Fender Precision, Carvin C350
    Amps: Genz Benz Shuttle 6.0 + Avatar B212 / Genzler 12-3, Acoustic B20
    Pedals: Pod HD500X, Diamond Compressor, Tech 21 VT Bass, Sonic Research Turbo Tuner

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Eric View Post
    What's the fourth position going to be: pups in series or no tone pot in the circuit? If you don't mind, could you list the links to the parts you bought? I might do something similar on mine eventually.
    Normally with a four way switch on a Tele it's be the usual three choices plus the pickups in series. However, it sounds like he's doing Esquire wiring. Not sure what the fourth position would be for in that case.
    Axen: Jackson DK2M, Fender Deluxe Nashville Telecaster, Reverend Warhawk 390, Taylor 914ce, ESP LTD Surveyor-414
    Amphen: Jet City JCA22H and JCA12S cab, Carvin X-60 combo, Acoustic B20
    Effecten: "Thesis 96" Overdrive/Boost (aka DVM OD2), Hardwire DL-8 Digital Delay/Looper, DigiTech Polara Reverb, DigiTech EX-7 Expression Factory and CF-7 Chorus Factory, Danelectro CF-1 Cool Cat Fuzz
    "I wish Imagine Dragons would be stuck in an Arcade Fire for an entire Vampire Weekend."--Brian Posehn

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by marnold View Post
    Normally with a four way switch on a Tele it's be the usual three choices plus the pickups in series. However, it sounds like he's doing Esquire wiring. Not sure what the fourth position would be for in that case.
    Similar to this:

http://cgi.ebay.com/Telecaster-Wirin...#ht_1307wt_920

I haven't ordered this piece yet. Gonna play it for a bit and decide the route I want to go. If I go go Eqsuire route then it's just ordering another scratch-plate from stewmac, harness and solder (the stock control plate isn't bad either - alpha vs. CTS so one other option is just rewire/mod existing controls).

-Pete

Post Thanks / Like

Congrats, HNGD! +1 on the 4-way and plate flip. And yes, we need some pics of this alleged guitar!
    -Sean
    Guitars: Lots.
    Amphs: More than last year.
    Pedals: Many, although I go straight from guitar to amp more often lately.

Post Thanks / Like

Here's a quickie cell phone photo. Got home after good usable lighting

Anyway, there's not much I can say about this guitar that hasn't already been said since its introduction in '08. It's a very well built instrument - the body is entirely vintage spec so anything that will fit a 52RI will fit this guitar without modification. The neck is great. I had mine cherry picked for me so I got a bit of flame on the back and sides of the neck. I also asked for a fairly light one and I got just that. The fit and finish were flawless. The frets were dressed very well and no jaggies. It was almost in tune when I took it out of the box and the intonation was DEAD ON. The action is puuuurfect. I am amazed at this product not just from a $$$ standpoint but just overall. I have quite a collection of instruments and some very expensive pieces but I will say this in all truthfulness - if someone changed the headstock decal and loaned me this I would have had no problem believing it was a much more expensive guitar.

So. I will play it as is for a bit, changing to 10s of course. Then I will decide on ditching the neck pup and begin the Esquire transformation. The lead pickup might just be my favorite thing about the whole guitar. It's great! Nice bite.

Oh, by the way, the pickguard and knobs are not stock. I got them from stewmac.

-Pete

Post Thanks / Like

Terrible lighting but here's another shot using my Canon. Oh well, I tried...

-Pete

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

Looks nice! Congrats!
    Steve Thompson
    Sun Valley, Idaho

Guitars: Fender 60th Anniversary Std. Strat, Squier CVC Tele Hagstrom Viking Semi-hollow, Joshua beach guitar, Martin SPD-16TR Dreadnought
    Amphs: Peavey Classic 30, '61 Fender Concert
    Effects and such: Boss: DS-1, CE-5, NS-2 and RC20XL looper, Digitech Bad Monkey, Korg AX1G Multi-effects, Berhinger: TU100 tuner, PB100 Clean Boost, Line 6 Toneport UX2, Electro Harmonix Little Big Muff Pi, DuhVoodooMan's Rabid Rodent Rat Clone, Zonkin Yellow Screamer Mk. II, MXR Carbon Copy Delay

love is the answer, at least for most of the questions in my heart. . .
    - j. johnson

Post Thanks / Like

Very nice! (clips coming up?)
    I can't say that I've given up on a flanger cause I've never liked the effect either. I also can't say the same about Tremolo. I hate them both equally. - Tone2TheBone 2009

Post Thanks / Like

simple yet very beautiful!! I love teles ever since i was in my guitar lessons until today!!
    Last edited by gavin_rossdale1; September 25th, 2011 at 10:24 PM.

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

If I ever get a tele it'll have to be just like that, or normal aged white.
    Dee

"When life's a biatch, be a horny dog"

Amps: Marshall JVM 410H w/ Plexi Cap mod, Choke Mod & Negative Feedback Removal mod, 4x12", Behringer GMX110, Amplitube 3/StealthPedal

Half a dozen custom built/bastardized guitars all with EMG's, mostly 85's, Ibanez Artwood acoustic & Yamaha SGR bass, Epiphone Prophecy SG, Vox Wah, Pitchblack tuner plus assorted pedals, rack gear etc. for home studio use.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast