Thread: Okko Diablo Overdrive pedals, what do you think ?

Post Thanks / Like

Default Okko Diablo Overdrive pedals, what do you think ?

Hi Fretters I've seen that Gregor Hilden a talented fellow regularly use the Okko Diablo Overdrive pedal is there anyone here which do play with one of theses wonder ? I play from now on a nice Deluxe Reverb Silverface and would like to get a nice biting tone

http://www.stompbox.de/diablo_english.html

As an example here a clip of that guy

Guitars:
    1978 Fender Telecaster Thinline Custom USA, New Nash TL-72 Thinline Telecaster, 1965 Harmony Meteor, H71, 1986 Fender Telecaster Esquire MIJ, New Martin J-41 Special, 1933 National Duolian, 1941, New Eastwood Mandocaster 12 strings

Amps:
    Tweed Vibrolux Custom Denis Manlay, 1976 Fender Deluxe Reverb Silverface

Post Thanks / Like

Gregor is the only person I've heard use the pedal. It sounds nice to me. The fact that he's a great player doesn't hurt either.
    Patrick

Post Thanks / Like

That was some great playing!

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by hubberjub View Post
    Gregor is the only person I've heard use the pedal. It sounds nice to me. The fact that he's a great player doesn't hurt either.
    I was quite curious to hear what user have to say about this nice overdrive
    Guitars:
    1978 Fender Telecaster Thinline Custom USA, New Nash TL-72 Thinline Telecaster, 1965 Harmony Meteor, H71, 1986 Fender Telecaster Esquire MIJ, New Martin J-41 Special, 1933 National Duolian, 1941, New Eastwood Mandocaster 12 strings

Amps:

Post Thanks / Like

I was curious about this Okko overdrive pedal also. I'd discovered this same site where that guy is playing through one and I love his tone. (He is an awesome player!)
    A few years ago I bought a boutique overdrive pedal called the Zendrive which is supposed to give a close approximation to a Howard Dumble amp tone. I'd heard about these pedals from another site, so I though it would be the best choice for that sound. As it turns out, I was somewhat disappointed with mine. It doesn't have very much gain for an overdrive pedal, so you need to have your amp on the edge of breakup for them to sound good. But if your amp is set just right, they sound fantastic (kind of a Robben Ford tone).

I'm wondering if this Okko overdrive is a better version of the Zendrive?

--Jim
    Electrics: Hamer Newport, Fender Clapton Strat, Ibanez AF86, Line6 Variax 700
    Acoustic Guitars: Taylor 514CE, Martin J40-M
    Dobro: Regal "Black Lightning Dobro"
    Mandolin: Morgan Monroe Mandolin
    Amps: Egnater Rebel 30, Vox AD120VTX, Roland Cube 60
    http://www.soundclick.com/bands/page...?bandid=301718

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by jpfeifer View Post
    I was curious about this Okko overdrive pedal also. I'd discovered this same site where that guy is playing through one and I love his tone. (He is an awesome player!)
    A few years ago I bought a boutique overdrive pedal called the Zendrive which is supposed to give a close approximation to a Howard Dumble amp tone. I'd heard about these pedals from another site, so I though it would be the best choice for that sound. As it turns out, I was somewhat disappointed with mine. It doesn't have very much gain for an overdrive pedal, so you need to have your amp on the edge of breakup for them to sound good. But if your amp is set just right, they sound fantastic (kind of a Robben Ford tone).

--Jim
    Hard to answer your question Jim because I'm wondering what they worth for ???
    Guitars:

Amps:

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by jpfeifer View Post

--Jim
    I'm not sure about the Okko, but over at The Gear Page they seem to be obsessed about the dumble amp tone, and the Alpha Drive seems to garner a lot of attention. You might want to look into that one too.
    Quote Originally Posted by Spudman
    Does anyone read the original post?
    Guitars: Gibson LP Studio, MIA Fender Precision, Carvin C350
    Amps: Genz Benz Shuttle 6.0 + Avatar B212 / Genzler 12-3, Acoustic B20
    Pedals: Pod HD500X, Diamond Compressor, Tech 21 VT Bass, Sonic Research Turbo Tuner

Post Thanks / Like

The guy , Gregory , sure has a nice amp and pedal set up and he is playin great for sure but dont forget he is palyin most of the time on some gorgeous , great souding , expensive vintage guitars ,that helps create great tones too..

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Blaze View Post
    The guy , Gregory , sure has a nice amp and pedal set up and he is playin great for sure but dont forget he is palyin most of the time on some gorgeous , great souding , expensive vintage guitars ,that helps create great tones too..
    Yes I do realize that, I for longtime now learn that good equipment doesn't mean necessarily good sound, but I have I guess decent material and a bit of practice and do search for an overdrive which would challenge the Tube screamer
    Guitars:

Amps:

Post Thanks / Like

bit of a old thread but i played one last night into my marshall 1974. This is a great pedal , no it's a ***** great pedal. If you listen to Greg playing and think how do I get that sound well you can. The best sound can be from hitting the voltage button (from 9v to 18v).

The only problem is that i now have to save up to buy one.