Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php on line 2958

Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php on line 2958

Oh no Ibanez
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Oh no Ibanez

Post Thanks / Like

Default Oh no Ibanez

Looks like they are going to have another winner. This version, the new ART200, has a thinner neck profile.

http://www.ibanez.com/ElectricGuitars/model-ART200FM

I have the ART100 and ART300. They are very nicely done guitars. One is passive, one active. The necks are fat, and I mean fat. While I do find that I can play them well with no discomfort I've secretly wished that they would have a thinner neck. Enter the new ART200. They all have the tummy bevel that makes them super comfortable to play, they are thinner and lighter than a regular LP and they even have a carved maple top. Stock pickups sound great as well.

Hello G.A.S.

"No Tele For you." - The Tele Nazi

Ha! Tele-ish now inbound.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Spudman View Post
    Looks like they are going to have another winner. This version, the new ART200, has a thinner neck profile.

I have the ART100 and ART300. They are very nicely done guitars. One is passive, one active. The necks are fat, and I mean fat. While I do find that I can play them well with no discomfort I've secretly wished that they would have a thinner neck. Enter the new ART200. They all have the tummy bevel that makes them super comfortable to play, they are thinner and lighter than a regular LP and they even have a carved maple top. Stock pickups sound great as well.
    Thinner as in Strat style or thinner as in Ibanez Wizard? If it's the latter I'll pass, I really can't stand them.

I'm still waiting for them to make a mass-produced 7-string Darkstone like Isaac Delahaye's (Epica).
    http://soundcloud.com/tarasque

Guitars: Encore Strat, No-Name Les Paul copy, Cort Acoustic, Vintage VRS100AW, Schecter Tempest Custom, Cort VX-4V, Dean Inferno V.

Amphs: Ashdown Fallen Angel FA 60 DSP, Harley-Benton GA5.

Pedals: Zoom G2.1U, Digitech Screamin' Blues, Electro-Harmonix Stereo Electric Mistress, Dunlop Crybaby 535Q Wah.

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

Noice!

I'm still GASing for the Ibanez AFS80T. Maybe with some TV Jones in it...

Post Thanks / Like

I just bought an AG95! Pictures will be posted once delivered!
    Guitars: '06 Les Paul Classic Goldtop, '07 SG classic, '79 ES335TD Blond, '88 Telecaster, '08 Custom Shop Strat 57 NOS, Framus '69 Goucho Acoustic, '72 Framus Caravelle hollow body, '09 Hagstrom Swede, '10 Ibanez AG95 and '69 Heit

Amps: Fender Blues Deluxe Tweed, Marshall JCM 900 50W full stack, Roland Cube 20XL and '69 Checkmate!

Pedals: (all DVM) Tremolo, "Rabid Rodent" distortion, "Zonkin Yellow Screamer" OD/Boost, "Gee Ain't That Swell" volume swell, and "Mega Muff" fuzz

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Tibernius View Post
    Thinner as in Strat style or thinner as in Ibanez Wizard? If it's the latter I'll pass, I really can't stand them.
    Heresy! OK, now that I have that out of my system, I compared the specs to the RG's Wizard III. The ART200 is 1 mm thicker at the first fret and 2mm thicker at the 12th. FWIW, the radius on the ART is 12" and on the RG it is ~15.7".

The bigger question (for me) is: painted neck?
    Axen: Jackson DK2M, Fender Deluxe Nashville Telecaster, Reverend Warhawk 390, Taylor 914ce, ESP LTD Surveyor-414
    Amphen: Jet City JCA22H and JCA12S cab, Carvin X-60 combo, Acoustic B20
    Effecten: "Thesis 96" Overdrive/Boost (aka DVM OD2), Hardwire DL-8 Digital Delay/Looper, DigiTech Polara Reverb, DigiTech EX-7 Expression Factory and CF-7 Chorus Factory, Danelectro CF-1 Cool Cat Fuzz
    "I wish Imagine Dragons would be stuck in an Arcade Fire for an entire Vampire Weekend."--Brian Posehn

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by marnold View Post
    The bigger question (for me) is: painted neck?
    Yes, painted just like most other LP type guitars. Thanks for the dimension comparison too.

Tibernius - the older ART necks were clubs. These will not be ultra thin Wizard necks. Instead, a comfortable thickness that will be easy on the hands. Like I said earlier; they almost got it right with the first ARTs. With just a tad off that thickness they are going to be awesome.

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by mapka View Post
    I just bought an AG95! Pictures will be posted once delivered!
    Oooooh, nice! Seriously, I almost put up this pic in my above post.
    I can't wait (can you?).

Post Thanks / Like

That's one sexy guitar.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Tig View Post
    Oooooh, nice! Seriously, I almost put up this pic in my above post.
    I can't wait (can you?).
    That's it! Been delving into jazz lately and needed a box to help find the tone. I think this will do it.
    Guitars: '06 Les Paul Classic Goldtop, '07 SG classic, '79 ES335TD Blond, '88 Telecaster, '08 Custom Shop Strat 57 NOS, Framus '69 Goucho Acoustic, '72 Framus Caravelle hollow body, '09 Hagstrom Swede, '10 Ibanez AG95 and '69 Heit

Amps: Fender Blues Deluxe Tweed, Marshall JCM 900 50W full stack, Roland Cube 20XL and '69 Checkmate!

Pedals: (all DVM) Tremolo, "Rabid Rodent" distortion, "Zonkin Yellow Screamer" OD/Boost, "Gee Ain't That Swell" volume swell, and "Mega Muff" fuzz

Post Thanks / Like

Geez, more G.A.S. building!

Post Thanks / Like

Huh. I played one of the wrinkled-top ones (ART300?) at a music store recently. I wasn't impressed, but it could have been that the batteries were on their way out, which wouldn't have helped the tone at all.

If nothing else, it's always good to have options for quality, reasonably-priced guitars.
    Quote Originally Posted by Spudman
    Does anyone read the original post?
    Guitars: Gibson LP Studio, MIA Fender Precision, Carvin C350
    Amps: Genz Benz Shuttle 6.0 + Avatar B212 / Genzler 12-3, Acoustic B20
    Pedals: Pod HD500X, Diamond Compressor, Tech 21 VT Bass, Sonic Research Turbo Tuner

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Eric View Post
    Huh. I played one of the wrinkled-top ones (ART300?) at a music store recently. I wasn't impressed, but it could have been that the batteries were on their way out, which wouldn't have helped the tone at all.

If nothing else, it's always good to have options for quality, reasonably-priced guitars.
    The ART300 is what lured me into the ART line in the first place. I now have two of them. I picked one up on the floor of the Ibanez importer, plugged it and and said "wow!" With fresh batteries they are a whole different beast for sure. I found out the hard way gigging with mine. They start sounding dull when the batteries are weak, crisp when fresh.

Post Thanks / Like

She's purty. I was interested in the ART100 (or was it 300) awhile back, before I got my Agile. I've heard nothing but good things about them.

Post Thanks / Like

I have 2 ART300s the same color as posted in the start of this thread. http://www.thefret.net/showthread.php/17652-Ibanez-ART-300-review?highlight=ibanez

This thread has the ART100 that I have. http://www.thefret.net/showthread.php/17973-HNGD-Ibanez-ART100-TCR?highlight=ibanez

Mostly they feel the same in the neck girth, fat. They are pretty comfortable to play in spite of that fact. Still, the same guitar with the flame maple top and a thinner neck is going to be awesome.

Post Thanks / Like

Actually, according to Ibanez's website, the ART100 and 200 have the exact same neck specs. The only difference between the two seems to be the flame maple top and the block inlays on the ART200. The ART300 is no longer listed.
    Axen: Jackson DK2M, Fender Deluxe Nashville Telecaster, Reverend Warhawk 390, Taylor 914ce, ESP LTD Surveyor-414
    Effecten: "Thesis 96" Overdrive/Boost (aka DVM OD2), Hardwire DL-8 Digital Delay/Looper, DigiTech Polara Reverb, DigiTech EX-7 Expression Factory and CF-7 Chorus Factory, Danelectro CF-1 Cool Cat Fuzz
    "I wish Imagine Dragons would be stuck in an Arcade Fire for an entire Vampire Weekend."--Brian Posehn

Post Thanks / Like

My ARTs measures 22mm at the first fret and 24-25mm at the 12th fret. The new ones are 20 mm and 23mm. Maybe that's what they consider thinner?

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Spudman View Post
    My ARTs measures 22mm at the first fret and 24-25mm at the 12th fret. The new ones are 20 mm and 23mm. Maybe that's what they consider thinner?
    Could be, but it seems to be an across-the-board change, unless someone on the website team screwed up, which is always possible.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Eric View Post

I played one of those as well when they first came out... I loved the fit and finish, but was unimpressed with the pickups. After Spud's review when he got his, and some YouTube vids, it is clear that the batteries were on the way out on the guitar I played. I'd like to play another one to compare.

Ibby has been on a rampage with the singlecuts lately, and good for them. Their black 7 string ART is GAS worthy, for sure. I'm also liking the looks of the 200s as well!
    Guitars:
    Fender 2006 MIM Fender Stratocaster HSS in 3TS
    Ibanez RG 570 with a bridge Invader
    ESP M II Deluxe with a Tune-o-Matic bridge
    Eleanor, the magical, mystical Road Worn wonder Tele
    Blackstar HT Club 40

Post Thanks / Like

I too played the 300 after watching guitar world's video review of it. It just wasn't for me - I didn't care for the textured top and the neck just didn't feel right.

That said it was definitely one of those guitars I **wanted** to like. As is that 200 - that looks like something I could get in to.
    Dave
    Guitars: Ibanez AF-75, Schecter Solo-6 Custom, Douglas SG
    Amps: Fender Princeton 65, Marshall AVT50
    Pedals: Metal Muff, MXR Smart Gate, EHX Cathedral Reverb, Digitech RP-255

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast