Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Our daughter's best friend in a coma after accident

Camrose, Alberta, Canada - used to be Umea Sweden.
    Post Thanks / Like

Default Our daughter's best friend in a coma after accident

We got this devastating news last night. Our daughter's long time and best friend was in a serious car accident yesterday and is in ICU. Late last night we were informed that she is in a coma and on life support. She was on a road trip to Vancouver with some friends, and she is in a Vancouver hospital right now (far away from home, where we are, Edmonton area).

We are shocked and sad.

Earlier in the day, both our older daughters had had a tough and long and sad day at the funeral of her grandfather (they are my step-daughters).

This girl is a wonderful 18-year old who has babysat for us many times. A very dear friend of our whole family.

Our daughter is in deep shock and despair.
    The Law of Gravity is nonsense. No such law exists. If I think I float, and you think I float, then it happens.
    Master Guitar Academy - I also teach via SKYPE.

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

Very sad news. Your family must feel so helpless and hurt. I hope she pulls through.
    It is amazing how the body can overcome with the help of good medical treatment.

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

I am sorry to hear this bad news. I hope and pray for the best for her and her family.
    Steve Thompson
    Sun Valley, Idaho

Guitars: Fender 60th Anniversary Std. Strat, Squier CVC Tele Hagstrom Viking Semi-hollow, Joshua beach guitar, Martin SPD-16TR Dreadnought
    Amphs: Peavey Classic 30, '61 Fender Concert
    Effects and such: Boss: DS-1, CE-5, NS-2 and RC20XL looper, Digitech Bad Monkey, Korg AX1G Multi-effects, Berhinger: TU100 tuner, PB100 Clean Boost, Line 6 Toneport UX2, Electro Harmonix Little Big Muff Pi, DuhVoodooMan's Rabid Rodent Rat Clone, Zonkin Yellow Screamer Mk. II, MXR Carbon Copy Delay

love is the answer, at least for most of the questions in my heart. . .
    - j. johnson

Post Thanks / Like

Thanks for the support.

I feel lost. Not sure what to do.
    The Law of Gravity is nonsense. No such law exists. If I think I float, and you think I float, then it happens.

Post Thanks / Like

Wow. I'm really sorry to hear that. I sincerely hope she comes out of it with no lasting effects.
    Quote Originally Posted by Spudman
    Does anyone read the original post?
    Guitars: Gibson LP Studio, MIA Fender Precision, Carvin C350
    Amps: Genz Benz Shuttle 6.0 + Avatar B212 / Genzler 12-3, Acoustic B20
    Pedals: Pod HD500X, Diamond Compressor, Tech 21 VT Bass, Sonic Research Turbo Tuner

Post Thanks / Like

Life changes in just an instant but it takes a very long time to get over things. Hopefully, she will pull through.
    Your step daughters, sadly, are having to learn what us older folks have to and that's that life is fragile and you can never be fully prepared for what life gives you.

Seeing your child in pain or hanging on to life is something I can't even grip my mind on nor do I want to. I've heard so much bad news lately and hope for good news. i do believe that prayer makes a difference and she's got mine as do your daughters.

Post Thanks / Like

Very sad news, Robert. I'm in Vancouver so if there is anything you, or their family, need done locally just let me know.

Post Thanks / Like

She'll be in my prayers tonight Robert
    Guitars: '06 Les Paul Classic Goldtop, '07 SG classic, '79 ES335TD Blond, '88 Telecaster, '08 Custom Shop Strat 57 NOS, Framus '69 Goucho Acoustic, '72 Framus Caravelle hollow body, '09 Hagstrom Swede, '10 Ibanez AG95 and '69 Heit

Amps: Fender Blues Deluxe Tweed, Marshall JCM 900 50W full stack, Roland Cube 20XL and '69 Checkmate!

Pedals: (all DVM) Tremolo, "Rabid Rodent" distortion, "Zonkin Yellow Screamer" OD/Boost, "Gee Ain't That Swell" volume swell, and "Mega Muff" fuzz

Post Thanks / Like

Thanks everyone, the support is greatly appreciated.

Post Thanks / Like

Sorry to read this, Robert. Prayers of comfort for you and your family, and prayers of a quick, full recovery for your daughter's friend.
    Guitars:
    Fender 2006 MIM Fender Stratocaster HSS in 3TS
    Ibanez RG 570 with a bridge Invader
    ESP M II Deluxe with a Tune-o-Matic bridge
    Eleanor, the magical, mystical Road Worn wonder Tele
    Blackstar HT Club 40

Post Thanks / Like

SORRY TO HEAR THIS Robert my Prays go out to your friend and both yours and her's families.
    Maxi...................

Bootsy Collins:
    I pledge allegiance to the funk, the whole funk, and nothing but the funk, so help me James, Sly and George, Amen!!

Guitars: 2010 American Special HSS Strat, 2010 CIC Squire CV ThinLine Tele, & 2006 MIM FSR Strat.

Basses: 1979 Peavey T-40, 2007 Ibanez SR 500, 2013 Ibanez SR375F, 2013 CIJ Fender Geddy Lee Jazz Bass, 2014 Sadowsky Will Lee VI, & 2014 Sadowsky Will Lee Metro V

Amps: Mesa Boogie BASS STRATEGY:Eight:88, Aguliar DB 4X12, Augilar DB 751, Genz Benz CTR500-210T/Focus 1X15 CAB, Fender Hot Rod Deville 410, VHT Deliverance 60/VHT 2X12 fat Bottom Cab, & VOX DA20

Effects: Boss ME-25, MXR Custom Baddass 78, MXR Custom Baddass modified O.D., Vox Joe Satriani Satchurator, MXR Phase 90, MXR Bass Chorus Deluxe/Octave Deluxe/Bass Compressor/Envelope Filter/, Way Huge Pork Loin

Post Thanks / Like

So sorry to hear about her Robert. If she is in a "medically induced" coma, let me assure you that is the best place for her to be given the trauma she has undergone. I have more than a passing knowledge of how they work. It gives the body a chance to rest and recover without having to expend energy to exist. Best wishes for the young lady.

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Robert View Post

I feel lost. Not sure what to do.
    All I can think of is to be there for your daughter, and offer whatever support you can to her friend's family. Being there for your daughter, for whatever she needs, it the most important I would think.
    Steve Thompson
    Sun Valley, Idaho

Guitars: Fender 60th Anniversary Std. Strat, Squier CVC Tele Hagstrom Viking Semi-hollow, Joshua beach guitar, Martin SPD-16TR Dreadnought
    Amphs: Peavey Classic 30, '61 Fender Concert
    Effects and such: Boss: DS-1, CE-5, NS-2 and RC20XL looper, Digitech Bad Monkey, Korg AX1G Multi-effects, Berhinger: TU100 tuner, PB100 Clean Boost, Line 6 Toneport UX2, Electro Harmonix Little Big Muff Pi, DuhVoodooMan's Rabid Rodent Rat Clone, Zonkin Yellow Screamer Mk. II, MXR Carbon Copy Delay

love is the answer, at least for most of the questions in my heart. . .
    - j. johnson

Post Thanks / Like

This is definitely going to be a shock for your daughters. When I was young I always felt invincible, that feeling reinforced by the fact that no one I knew died.

I hope they can work through it over time and live life knowing just how fragile our existence can be.
    Dave
    Guitars: Ibanez AF-75, Schecter Solo-6 Custom, Douglas SG
    Amps: Fender Princeton 65, Marshall AVT50
    Pedals: Metal Muff, MXR Smart Gate, EHX Cathedral Reverb, Digitech RP-255

Post Thanks / Like

'Hoping for the best and a full recovery for her, Robert. Her youth may be her best strength in getting through this. It's shocking how life can change for any of us so drastically in a nanosecond. Keep us posted

Post Thanks / Like

Very sorry to hear this, Robert. I hope everything turns out alright.
    -Sean
    Guitars: Lots.
    Amphs: More than last year.
    Pedals: Many, although I go straight from guitar to amp more often lately.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Robert View Post
    We got this devastating news last night. Our daughter's long time and best friend was in a serious car accident yesterday and is in ICU. Late last night we were informed that she is in a coma and on life support. She was on a road trip to Vancouver with some friends, and she is in a Vancouver hospital right now (far away from home, where we are, Edmonton area).

We are shocked and sad.

Earlier in the day, both our older daughters had had a tough and long and sad day at the funeral of her grandfather (they are my step-daughters).

This girl is a wonderful 18-year old who has babysat for us many times. A very dear friend of our whole family.

Our daughter is in deep shock and despair.
    All my thoughts and good wishes are with you and your family Robert, car accidents are devastating. I'll pray for her !
    Guitars:
    1978 Fender Telecaster Thinline Custom USA, New Nash TL-72 Thinline Telecaster, 1965 Harmony Meteor, H71, 1986 Fender Telecaster Esquire MIJ, New Martin J-41 Special, 1933 National Duolian, 1941, New Eastwood Mandocaster 12 strings

Amps:
    Tweed Vibrolux Custom Denis Manlay, 1976 Fender Deluxe Reverb Silverface

W. Branch of Susquehanna River, Pennsylvania
    Post Thanks / Like

Best wishes and prayers for all touched by this.
    Duffy Bolduc
    South Williamsport, Pa.

"Now all the things that use to mean so much to me has got me old before my time." G. Allman, "Old Before My Time", Hittin' the Note.

Major changes to guitars and amps, to be updated soon.

Fiance - Supportive of musical art

Post Thanks / Like

Thank you.

She is undergoing another surgery today, to relieve some of the pressure from the swelling of the brain.

Our daughter is there now. She and some other people drove 14 hours to get there to see the girl. We are all praying and hoping for her and her family.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast