Thread: The "No Whining" thread.

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

Default The "No Whining" thread.

Seeing some news about looters in England feeling sorry for themselves and excusing their behavior by their perceived state of the world, and some other news items got me thinking. (hmm, could be dangerous ) A lot of us have had some stress or bad stuff in our lives of late, whether personally, or just the world in general. Once in a while, if I watch the mainstream news too much, or think about losses that have occurred in life, mental whining just happens.

No more. While there must be space in life for grief and healing, it can't derail everything, or become an excuse for not doing what can be done to improve things. That is how I define whining; going on endlessly about it, or letting it become an excuse. So, no whining about stuff. Yes, having my mother in law with her dementia living at home is hard. Yes it was hard losing my Dad, it is hard to see my kids getting older if I choose to look at it that way, it is hard to see my high school friends at my reunion all looking older (I of course, look wonderful, except for that darned hair that keeps thinning ) So yeah, loss happens in life. Time to get up and do what can be done. No whining.

Today, it is beautiful out, I made breakfast for my sons and MIL, continued learning a new (for me) punk song. (Freaking fun, and a great challenge btw), and now I am going out to fire up the weed whacker and attack the overgrowth that occurred in the last few weeks. Hopefully I will get out on a MTB ride later too.

No whining. Carpe Diem!

​(post no whining songs here).
    Steve Thompson
    Sun Valley, Idaho

Guitars: Fender 60th Anniversary Std. Strat, Squier CVC Tele Hagstrom Viking Semi-hollow, Joshua beach guitar, Martin SPD-16TR Dreadnought
    Amphs: Peavey Classic 30, '61 Fender Concert
    Effects and such: Boss: DS-1, CE-5, NS-2 and RC20XL looper, Digitech Bad Monkey, Korg AX1G Multi-effects, Berhinger: TU100 tuner, PB100 Clean Boost, Line 6 Toneport UX2, Electro Harmonix Little Big Muff Pi, DuhVoodooMan's Rabid Rodent Rat Clone, Zonkin Yellow Screamer Mk. II, MXR Carbon Copy Delay

love is the answer, at least for most of the questions in my heart. . .
    - j. johnson

Post Thanks / Like

But you just spent 2 paragraphs whining.

I'm so lucky I got to paint some trim on my house and get some sun on my back today. Wonderful day!

"No Tele For you." - The Tele Nazi

Ha! Tele-ish now inbound.

Post Thanks / Like

I think I heard your battle cry: WEED WHACKER, ATTAAAAAAAAAAAAACK!

Good to see you seizing the day, SVL. It's pretty darned inspirational!
    Guitars:
    Fender 2006 MIM Fender Stratocaster HSS in 3TS
    Ibanez RG 570 with a bridge Invader
    ESP M II Deluxe with a Tune-o-Matic bridge
    Eleanor, the magical, mystical Road Worn wonder Tele
    Blackstar HT Club 40

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

Bravo!
    Attitude is everything.

Life IS pain. Suffering is optional.

OK, one more... Life is 10% what happens to us, 90% how we handle it.

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

It was pretty darned satisfying to seek and destroy, wielding my Stihl two cycle rotor of doom. (for weeds that is!).

LOL! "We're gonna go cut some crap".
    Steve Thompson
    Sun Valley, Idaho

Guitars: Fender 60th Anniversary Std. Strat, Squier CVC Tele Hagstrom Viking Semi-hollow, Joshua beach guitar, Martin SPD-16TR Dreadnought
    Amphs: Peavey Classic 30, '61 Fender Concert
    Effects and such: Boss: DS-1, CE-5, NS-2 and RC20XL looper, Digitech Bad Monkey, Korg AX1G Multi-effects, Berhinger: TU100 tuner, PB100 Clean Boost, Line 6 Toneport UX2, Electro Harmonix Little Big Muff Pi, DuhVoodooMan's Rabid Rodent Rat Clone, Zonkin Yellow Screamer Mk. II, MXR Carbon Copy Delay

love is the answer, at least for most of the questions in my heart. . .
    - j. johnson

Post Thanks / Like

love the Foo Fighter video! A take on one of my favorite movies, Falling Down.
    Guitars: '06 Les Paul Classic Goldtop, '07 SG classic, '79 ES335TD Blond, '88 Telecaster, '08 Custom Shop Strat 57 NOS, Framus '69 Goucho Acoustic, '72 Framus Caravelle hollow body, '09 Hagstrom Swede, '10 Ibanez AG95 and '69 Heit

Amps: Fender Blues Deluxe Tweed, Marshall JCM 900 50W full stack, Roland Cube 20XL and '69 Checkmate!

Pedals: (all DVM) Tremolo, "Rabid Rodent" distortion, "Zonkin Yellow Screamer" OD/Boost, "Gee Ain't That Swell" volume swell, and "Mega Muff" fuzz