Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php on line 2958

Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php on line 2958
Kids and fire

Thread: Kids and fire

Post Thanks / Like

Default Kids and fire

A couple of kids on the edge of town yesterday were playing with fire and it got away from them. This is going to cost the parents a bit of coin.

"No Tele For you." - The Tele Nazi

Ha! Tele-ish now inbound.

Post Thanks / Like

Yikes!

I wonder if it took out the comm. towers on the far hill?

Post Thanks / Like

And they could have lost their lives too?? That would have been a great picture if it wasn't burnt black.

Post Thanks / Like

Being from Southwest Texas my first glance didn't reveal anything wrong but on the second take I got it. Dumb kids.

This is what I mean:

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by NWBasser View Post
    Yikes!

I wonder if it took out the comm. towers on the far hill?
    All the communications and weather towers were spared. One house, however, wasn't. Lots of folks were evacuated for the rest of yesterday until this morning. So far just one house got torched. Sad thing is this is deer grazing corridor, and along with human encroachment the fire is going to put them at a disadvantage this winter.

Post Thanks / Like

We should all teach kids not to play with fire. Just a couple of weeks ago here in the Portland area some small children playing with a lighter set a barn on fire, a 3 year old child died.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by aeolian View Post
    We should all teach kids not to play with fire. Just a couple of weeks ago here in the Portland area some small children playing with a lighter set a barn on fire, a 3 year old child died.
    That's a good point. Although...while I was on the road, and legally an adult, I caught a drummer on fire. Just sayin.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Spudman View Post
    That's a good point. Although...while I was on the road, and legally an adult, I caught a drummer on fire. Just sayin.
    A "Spinal Tap" moment!

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by aeolian View Post
    A "Spinal Tap" moment!
    It totally was. Somewhat similar to a Stephen King story.

Post Thanks / Like

It happens round here a lot. Some beer, a portable barbie. Next thing you've got a raging bush fire. Still, it keeps the gorse down.
    Electric: Fat strat > Korg PB > TS7 > DS1 > DD-20 > Cube 60 (Fender model)

Acoustic: Guitar > microphone > audience

Post Thanks / Like

The one and only time my father ever raised a hand to me as a child was when I was about nine and he caught me playing with matches. He was beside himself that he'd struck me but was legitimately more concerned that I'd burn the house down and kill us all. He made his point. My pyromania ended then and there.
    "I happen to have perfect situational awareness, Lana. Which cannot be taught, by the way. Like a poet's ... mind for ... to make the perfect words." - Sterling Archer

Post Thanks / Like

Sadly a good friend of mine had his son die from playing with matches. The child had managed to climb up and undo the latches (they never did figure out how he pulled that one off). Once they knew there was a fire, they tried to get to him, but they couldn't. I can't imagine anything worse. Thankfully, the rest of the family was safe.
    Axen: Jackson DK2M, Fender Deluxe Nashville Telecaster, Reverend Warhawk 390, Taylor 914ce, ESP LTD Surveyor-414
    Amphen: Jet City JCA22H and JCA12S cab, Carvin X-60 combo, Acoustic B20
    Effecten: "Thesis 96" Overdrive/Boost (aka DVM OD2), Hardwire DL-8 Digital Delay/Looper, DigiTech Polara Reverb, DigiTech EX-7 Expression Factory and CF-7 Chorus Factory, Danelectro CF-1 Cool Cat Fuzz
    "I wish Imagine Dragons would be stuck in an Arcade Fire for an entire Vampire Weekend."--Brian Posehn