Quote Originally Posted by stingx View Post
Here's the thing, Eric. TradeTang is a blatant copyright-infringement wholesaler who use very substandard parts. A simple search on the interwebs will reveal far too many horror stories. I hope the little bit of luck the OP had with his purchase doesn't spark someone's interest in buying from this company because the sad fact of the matter is they are not reputable and sell counterfeit products.

My other point is that ALL products are made to a PRICE POINT. Even Fender and the other big names do this. A few cents here and there adds up to a lot when you deal with the volume they do. This is why cheaper electronics are typically found in their lower end offerings. It's no secret. So, to stress the point - if you factor in replacing all the hardware and pickups on your cheaply purchased guitar then you aren't saving as much as you think. A lot of times you could do much better on the used market or assembling your own (where applicable) from quality parts.

Take a look at tradetang and tell me why you would even bother looking there when you could buy a great playing/equipped Squire, Epi, etc. for same or less? Or find a great used guitar for that matter?
Trying to remain calm here, but if you look up at my previous post, I think I said that I get your point. I disagree with some of what you're saying, but in general I see what you're driving at.