Price paid - $360 to Trade Tang, but an additional $30.43 was levied by customs I had to pay at pickup. Total Cost: $391

I decided to see what the fuss was about and ordered an obviously counterfeit Gibson Les Paul Supreme w/ hardcase from Dave @ TradeTang. I could never afford or justify the real thing but I love the looks, ebony fretboard, inlays, etc. Which of us hasn't looked at such an instrument and not desired it?? So I know it's a fake and I know I'm not going to get anywhere near the quality of a real Gibson but I was hoping to get what would be considered a high end Epiphone LP clone but take Epiphone out of the equation and save some $$$ at the same time.

Ordering - I was nervous about ordering from China using a credit card. Trade Tang avoids this by allowing buyers to use PayPal. This way they have no access to your actual credit card information. I felt safe paying this way and being able to file a complaint on PP or contest the charge on the card just in case. There was a problem with being redirected to Trade Tang's website after I paid with PayPal. I was a bit worried about it until I saw they had confirmed my payment after just a couple of hours. Overall the ordering process was ok.

Confirmations/Shipping - I received multiple emails indicating changes in status to my order. I paid on August 4th and got the shipping notice the same day. However just because I got a tracking number didn't mean it had actually been picked up by the shipper. It did not show up in the EMS's tracking system until the 7th. It arrived in customs Aug 12th, and first attempted delivery was Aug. 16th. So 12 days from payment to my door. Not fast but it is coming from 1/2 way around the world so I was OK with the time and that I got decent tracking updates via the EMS web site and USPS website.

Now - on to the guitar

Packaging
Packaging was intact and decent. It's basically a styrofoam box taped together. It survived the trip quite well and was thick enough to provide plenty of protection.

Here's the case out of the packing - covered in a bag. Had some Gibson stuff on the case.

Case open - some packing on the guitar:

Here's some pics of the body - there is some noticable flaws in the flame on the back, they look like scuffs. Some of the artifacts in the pic are from the flash