View Poll Results: How should the Rev. Rawk spend his newfound cash?

Voters
13. You may not vote on this poll
  • Hardwire DL-8 Delay Pedal

3 23.08%
  • EMG Bass Pickups (probably 35P4 and 35DC)

3 23.08%
  • ASUS VH236H Monitor

4 30.77%
  • Other (Please Specify)

3 23.08%
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Gear Advice

Post Thanks / Like

Default Gear Advice

OK, I came across an unexpected bit of money and I'd like to put part of it toward some gear of some kind. I'm looking at the three options above. I'd like the Hardwire delay to replace my Boss, mainly because I'd like to use some of the modes my Boss doesn't provide. It also has a much longer loop recording time (20 seconds vs. 5.2 seconds). I'd turn around and sell the Boss to make a bit back.

The EMG bass pickups would be the most expensive option, but it's been something I've wanted to do for a while.

The last option isn't musical gear--it's a new monitor. My CRT is beginning to show its age. I'd also like to go widescreen and cut back on my power consumption. That is the monitor that DVM recommended elsewhere and that Tung also has, I think. This would be the least likely option because if my CRT dies, I'll have carte blanche to get a new one. Guitar gear purchases, not so much. I'm open to other ideas, but we're looking under $200 here.
    Axen: Jackson DK2M, Fender Deluxe Nashville Telecaster, Reverend Warhawk 390, Taylor 914ce, ESP LTD Surveyor-414
    Amphen: Jet City JCA22H and JCA12S cab, Carvin X-60 combo, Acoustic B20
    Effecten: "Thesis 96" Overdrive/Boost (aka DVM OD2), Hardwire DL-8 Digital Delay/Looper, DigiTech Polara Reverb, DigiTech EX-7 Expression Factory and CF-7 Chorus Factory, Danelectro CF-1 Cool Cat Fuzz
    "I don't need no instructions to know how to rock!"--Carl Brutananadilewski

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

Boy, tough one. I would go with one of the two guitar related ones, but only you can say which of those options you would get more enjoyment out of. Seems to me that if the pickups are something you wanted to do for a while, and you might be able to save for the delay in combination with the sale of your Boss, maybe you should go that way. But to me, that is a gut check only you can make.
    Steve Thompson
    Sun Valley, Idaho

Guitars: Fender 60th Anniversary Std. Strat, Squier CVC Tele Hagstrom Viking Semi-hollow, Joshua beach guitar, Martin SPD-16TR Dreadnought
    Amphs: Peavey Classic 30, '61 Fender Concert
    Effects and such: Boss: DS-1, CE-5, NS-2 and RC20XL looper, Digitech Bad Monkey, Korg AX1G Multi-effects, Berhinger: TU100 tuner, PB100 Clean Boost, Line 6 Toneport UX2, Electro Harmonix Little Big Muff Pi, DuhVoodooMan's Rabid Rodent Rat Clone, Zonkin Yellow Screamer Mk. II, MXR Carbon Copy Delay

love is the answer, at least for most of the questions in my heart. . .
    - j. johnson

Post Thanks / Like

Hey, way to put that collection plate to use, Rev! I jest, of course. I think I have that same monitor, and it's really good. Of course, my desktop is dead at the moment, unfortunately. I actually voted for the delay, though. Hopefully you'll be happy with whatever you choose. Good luck, sir!
    -Sean
    Guitars: Lots.
    Amphs: More than last year.
    Pedals: Many, although I go straight from guitar to amp more often lately.

Camrose, Alberta, Canada - used to be Umea Sweden.
    Post Thanks / Like

How about the M5 for $199?

19 DELAYS

Digital Delay A great workhorse effect, this straight-up digital delay has a transparent and pristine echo-echo-echo-echo...
    Analog Echo Analog Echo is inspired by* the warm and distorted delays of a Boss® DM2 Analog Echo.
    Analog w/ Mod Inspired by* the cherished tone of an Electro-Harmonix® Deluxe Memory Man, Analog w/ Mod delivers an organic-sounding analog delay with a generous dollop of lush, spatial chorus.
    Tape Echo Tape Echo is inspired by* the unmistakable depth and sweetness of the Maestro® EP-3 Echoplex, which used transistor sound electronics instead of tubes.
    Tape Echo Dry Thru Your dry signal with Tape Echo repeats.
    Multi-Head Multi-Head delay is inspired by* the sound created by the multiple playback heads of the Roland® RE-101 Space Echo.
    Sweep Echo Add a sweeping warble to the Tube Echo repeats and you've got Sweep Echo. This unique tone adds a tangy flavor to your delays.
    Sweep Echo Dry Thru Your dry signal with Sweep Echo repeats.
    Reverse !seltaeB eht dna xirdneH imiJ ekil tsuJ Whatever you play comes out backwards.
    Tube Echo Like peanut butter and chocolate, tubes and tape are a great combination. Tube Echo is inspired by* a Maestro® EP-1.
    Tube Echo Dry Thru Your dry signal with Tube Echo repeats.
    Lo Res Delay Inspired by the unique grunge and noise of early digital delay units. Many of which had only 8-bit resolution.
    Digital Delay w/ Mod Digital Delay w/ Mod adds a juicy chorus effect to your digital delay.
    Stereo Delay The secret to the "Big L.A. Solo" sound of the '80s! Set one side as a fast echo with many repeats, and the other side as a slow delay with few repeats. VoilÃ*, you're famous!
    Ping Pong Two separate channels of delay. The output of each channel bounces into the other to create the ping pong effect.
    Dynamic Delay Dynamic Delay features a ducking control to keep the delays from overwhelming what you're playing. Inspired by* a T.C. Electronic® 2290 Dynamic Digital Delay.
    Auto-Volume Delay Two effects in one! A volume fade-in swell and an echo complete with tape-style wow-and-flutter modulation.
    Echo Platter Inspired by* a Binson EchoRec, which inspired bands like Pink Floyd. Rather than using tape, the EchoRec used a magnetic platter to record and play back.
    Echo Platter Dry Thru Your dry signal with Echo Platter repeats.
    The Law of Gravity is nonsense. No such law exists. If I think I float, and you think I float, then it happens.
    Master Guitar Academy - I also teach via SKYPE.

Post Thanks / Like

23 MODS

Opto Tremolo Opto Trem is inspired by* the optical tremolo circuit that was used in the blackface Fender® amps like the '64 Deluxe Reverb®.
    Bias Tremolo Bias Trem is inspired by* the 1960 Vox® AC-15 Tremolo, which got its pulse by literally varying the bias of the power amp tubes.
    Phaser Phaser is inspired by* the sound of an MXR® Phase 90 but it's got a few extra parameters to bring you there and back again.
    Dual Phaser Dual Phaser delivers a big jet sound inspired by* a Mu-Tron® Bi-Phase.
    Panned Phaser A hypnotizing phaser that slithers from side to side. Inspired by* the sound of an Ibanez® Flying Pan, which is a four-stage phase shifter with a panner built in.
    U-Vibe Inspired by* the pulsing push of the now-legendary Uni-Vibe®. One listen to "Machine Gun" and you'll be hooked!
    Analog Flange Inspired by* the classic MXR® Flanger, which was made classic on Van Halen's Fair Warning and Women and Children First.
    Jet Flanger Compared to Analog Flange, Jet Flanger is more dramatic with a different wave shape. Inspired by* the signature jet-like sweep of an A/DA Flanger.
    Analog Chorus Inspired by* the big and warm tones of a Boss® CE-1 Chorus Ensemble, the original stompbox chorus.
    Tri Chorus Tri Chorus is inspired by* the larger-than-life sound of a Song Bird/DyTronics Tri-Stereo Chorus.
    Pitch Vibrato Inspired by* the Boss® VB-2, which contained a circuit that produced a bubbly vibrato. This pedal (and this model) feature a "rise time" control that when engaged speeds up to where you last set it.
    Panner This effect pans back and forth between your left and right channels. If you run it in mono, it's basically tremolo.
    Rotary Drum Inspired by* the Fender® Vibratone. This rotating speaker effect was popular with SRV. Think "Cold Shot."
    Rotary Drum/Horn Inspired by* a Leslie® 145 tube-driven cabinet with a rotating speaker. Guitarists have always loved its signature shimmer.
    Dimension Inspired by* the Roland® Dimension D, one of the first true-stereo chorus units. It's relatively subtle in nature and became an industry standard for double-track effects.
    Ring Modulator Perfect for those late-night jams when only the weirdest, wildest sounds will do.
    Barber Pole Phaser A classic effect from the world of modular synths. Depending on how you set it, this phaser either sounds like it's always going up or always down. Set to stereo you get both!
    Frequency Shifter Shift frequencies up or down and set the mix to 100% for an otherworldly tone. Or dial it back to add interesting colors to leads.
    Script Phase Just add the "brown" sound and you're emulating one of rock's most celebrated guitar tones! Inspired by* an MXR® Phase 90. Speed control only, just like the original.
    AC Flanger The variety of vibey effects available from AC Flanger are inspired by* the classic tones of the MXR® Flanger
    80A Flanger The gritty and spacey sweeps of 80A Flanger are inspired by* the distinctive sound of the A/DA Flanger.
    Pattern Tremolo Engage up to four tremolo patterns to play in sequence. This is a truly original textural effect inspired by* a Lightfoot Labs Goatkeeper.

17 DISTORTIONS

Tube Drive A sweet, singing sustain craved by guitarists worldwide. Inspired by* the tone of a Chandler Tube Driver®.
    Screamer Inspired by the smooth medium-gain tones of the collectable original, Screamer is based on* an Ibanez® Tube Screamer®.
    Overdrive Inspired by* a DOD® Overdrive/Preamp 250, which was designed to slam the input of a tube amp forcing it to distort violently.
    Classic Distortion Angry and aggressive, Classic Distortion is inspired by* a ProCo Rat.
    Heavy Distortion The industry-standard heavy metal distortion of the late '80s. Inspired by* a Boss® Metal Zone.
    Colordrive Colordrive will transport you back to the breeding ground of British guitar heroes. Inspired by* a Colorsound® Overdriver.
    Buzz Saw Take a deep breath and repeat: "I can't get no (duh, duh, duh) Satisfaction." Inspired by* a Maestro® Fuzz Tone.
    Facial Fuzz Bottom-heavy distortion inspired by* the Arbiter Fuzz Face, which is associated with the tones of Jimi Hendrix and Eric Johnson.
    Jumbo Fuzz Jumbo Fuzz delivers a bright bite reminiscent of the fuzz tones heard all over the first two Led Zeppelin records. Inspired by* a Vox® Tone Bender.
    Fuzz Pi Fuzz Pi delivers plenty of thick distortion and oceans of sustain inspired by* the tone of an Electro-Harmonix® Big Muff Pi®.
    Jet Fuzz Part fuzz/part phaser, Jet Fuzz delivers the best of both. Inspired by* the Roland® Jet Phaser.
    Line 6 Drive If we could go back to the 60s and be a part of the fuzz revolution, this is what we'd design. Inspired by* the Colorsound® Tone Bender.
    Line 6 Distortion Completely saturated and over the top, Line 6 Distortion is massive and totally crazy.
    Sub Octave Fuzz Biting fuzz with an octave below! Excellent for bass guitar. Inspired by* the PAiA Roctave Divider.
    Octave Fuzz White-hot fuzz with an octave above! This classic fuzz+octave effect was used by Jimi and other pioneering players. Inspired by* the Tycobrahe® Octavia.
    Boost Comp A punchy boost of gain inspired by* an MXR® Micro Amp. The compressor can add hang time to your sustain and fill out your leads.
    Volume Pedal Expressive pedal steel-style swells that are ideal for use with a Line 6 EX-1™ Expression Pedal.
    Bass Octaver This effect gives you a single clean note one octave down. Bassists love it but guitarists (including Jeff Beck) are known to bust it out, too. Inspired by* the tone of an EBS OctaBass.

12 COMPRESSORS AND EQS

Red Comp Red Comp evens out your volume and adds plenty of sustain. Ideal for slow leads. Inspired by* the MXR® Dyna Comp stompbox compressor.
    Blue Comp Inspired by* the Boss® CS-1 Compression Sustainer (with the treble switch off), Blue Comp delivers warm, percussive qualities that are great for cleaner tones.
    Blue Comp Treb Inspired by* the Boss® CS-1 Compression Sustainer (with the treble switch on). Kick on this model when you want your leads to really pop!
    Vetta Comp Adopted from our Vetta™ II guitar amplifier, Vetta Comp delivers a fixed compression ratio of 2.35:1 with an adjustable threshold and up to 12dB of available gain at the Level knob.
    Vetta Juice A colorful boost taken from our Vetta™ II guitar amplifier, Vetta Juice pours out up to 30dB of available gain at the Level knob.
    Tube Comp Tube-style compression with added low-end warmth inspired by* the characteristic color of the Teletronix® LA-2A® compressor, a studio standard.
    Noise Gate Eliminate the hiss from noisy pickups, or the white noise of extremely high-gain distortions.
    Graphic EQ A five-band graphic EQ inspired by* graphic EQ pedals like the MXR® ten-band graphic equalizer, which was an integral part of Randy Rhoads's live rig.
    Studio EQ Featuring a constant Q and soft clipping output with level control, Studio EQ is inspired by* an API® 550B.
    Parametric EQ This EQ is complete with a high shelf, a low shelf and a fully parametric band.
    4 Band Shift EQ A typical four-band graphic EQ with a twist: the shifter can move the lower bands lower and the higher bands higher.
    Mid Focus EQ A high-pass and a low-pass each with frequency and gain control used together to create a band-pass.
    The Law of Gravity is nonsense. No such law exists. If I think I float, and you think I float, then it happens.

Post Thanks / Like

26 FILTERS

Tron Up Part Auto Wah and part triggered filter, Tron Up delivers a seriously funky vibe. Inspired by* the Mu-Tron® III envelope follower.
    Tron Down Part Auto Wah and part triggered filter, Tron Down delivers a seriously funky vibe. Inspired by* the Mu-Tron® III envelope follower.
    Seeker Up to nine "parked" wah filters set at varying positions and then used in sequence to create a pulsating, hypnotic vibe. Inspired by* the Z-Vex Seek Wah.
    Obi Wah Obi Wah creates sequential changes in tone by emphasizing random frequencies. Inspired by* the Oberheim® Voltage Controlled sample-and-hold filter.
    Voice Box Let your guitar Come Alive with the sound of a classic talk box. Inspired by vocoders, vocal tracts and surgical tubing.
    V Tron Your guitar "speaks" with an almost human voice in response to your playing. Inspired by* Voice Box and a Mu-Tron® III.
    Throbber Perfect for a multitude of cool electronica-style sounds and textures, Throbber is inspired by* the Electrix® Filter Factory.
    Spin Cycle This is what headphone mixes were made for! Imagine two wahs panned left and right working in opposite directions from each other. Inspired by* Craig Anderton's Wah/Anti-Wah.
    Comet Trails Spooky and otherworldly, Comet Trails provides an enchanting pulse for you to add to your tone.
    Slow Filter This triggered filter rolls off your high-end with adjustable speeds.
    Octisynth Not to be missed, Octisynth provides textures that are equally at home in a mad scientist's laboratory or miles below sea level among its eight-armed namesake.
    Synth-O-Matic Synth-O-Matic features waveforms from a mouth-watering collection of vintage analog synths.
    Attack Synth Inspired by* a waveform and wave-shaping functions of a Korg® X911 Guitar Synth
    Synth String A monophonic synth sound inspired by* the Roland® GR700 Guitar Synth.
    Growler Named Growler for a reason, this model produces a sinister "Grrrrrrrrr" that's inspired by* a Roland® GR700 Guitar Synth and a Mu-Tron® III.
    Q Filter Your very own parked wah! Let your solos soar with the colorful "honk" that became a signature tone of Mark Knopfler and Brian May.
    Vetta Wah Our interpretation of the classic wah sound. Connect a Line 6 EX-1™ Expression Pedal to take advantage of this effect. Adopted from our Vetta™ II guitar amplifier.
    Fassel Fassel is inspired by* a CryBaby® Super, which is coveted for the mojo of its Fasel inductor.
    Weeper Inspired by* the Arbiter Cry Baby®, this model is a variation with a different inductor and other component choices.
    Chrome Inspired by* the classic '60s sound of a Vox® V847, Chrome comes complete with the legendary growl of the original.
    Chrome Custom Inspired by* the sound of a modded Vox® V847 with tweaked gain staging on the first transistor stage, an aftermarket inductor, the Q widened and replaced with a 470k pot.
    Throaty Inspired by* the incredibly musical sweep of a hand-built Real McCoy RMC1, Throaty produces rich mids and a strong low-end.
    Conductor Inspired by* the distinctive sound of a vintage Maestro® Boomerang. (Think "Shaft.")
    Colorful Inspired by* the wah section of a Colorsound® Wah/Fuzz.
    Smart Harmony Turn that 6-string into a 12-string, rip some '80s dual leads and so much more. This intelligent pitch shifter is inspired by* an Eventide® H3000.
    Pitch Glide Four-octave range! Drop some dive bombs and throw some ice picks, a la Tom Morello. Connect an EX-1™ Expression Pedal for the full effect. Inspired by* a Digitech Whammy®.

12 REVERBS

'63 Spring Perfect for surf guitar tones and spaghetti western soundtracks! Inspired by* a 1963 brown spring-reverb head.
    Lux Spring Reverb Lux Spring Reverb is inspired by studio-standard spring reverbs whose characteristic resonant sounds were created by springs suspended inside a metal box.
    Vintage Plate Reverb Vintage Plate Reverb is inspired by studio plate reverbs with metallic-sounding resonant qualities.
    Room Simulates the reflections and other acoustic properties of a classic echo chamber.
    Chamber A dreamy reverb inspired by an elongated ambient space (like a hallway, stairwell or elevator shaft).
    Hall A strong reverb tail to simulate the sound of a large open space (like a gymnasium, performance hall or cathedral).
    Ducking This hall reverb adds a "ducking" effect: the volume of the reverb goes down while you play, and back up when you stop.
    Octo Creates a lush, ambient space with a harmonized decay that's reminiscent of a pipe organ. Use volume swells and prepare to float on cloud 9!
    Cave A surreal and cavernous echo chamber you'll need a helmet light to escape from.
    Tile Emulates the acoustic properties of a tiled room (like a bathroom or shower) with clear and bright early reflections.
    Echo Just like it says: echo... echo...echo. This is a lush echo with reverb.
    Particle Verb A Line 6 original that turns your chords into a modulated pad. Three modes - Stable, Critical and Hazard - take you from lush and pure to manic and a little insane.

Post Thanks / Like

If you don't have a looper then that would be my suggestion. It will do more for your playing that just about anything. It's easy to find a Boss RC20XL for $150 or less. You already have a good delay. When you are cranked it's hard to hear any subtle differences in delays anyway.

"No Tele For you." - The Tele Nazi

Ha! Tele-ish now inbound.

Post Thanks / Like

So many good options. I like Spud and Robert's suggestions. I voted for the EMG pups though, since you've been sweating them for a while and most likely won't be completely happy with your bass until they are installed in it.
    Quote Originally Posted by Spudman
    Does anyone read the original post?
    Guitars: Gibson LP Studio, MIA Fender Precision, Carvin C350
    Amps: Genz Benz Shuttle 6.0 + Avatar B212 / Genzler 12-3, Acoustic B20
    Pedals: Pod HD500X, Diamond Compressor, Tech 21 VT Bass, Sonic Research Turbo Tuner

Post Thanks / Like

I like the idea of the M5, but I wonder how much I'd use 90% of it. I'd probably use the delay, reverb, and maybe the metal-style distortion for those br00tal moments.
    Axen: Jackson DK2M, Fender Deluxe Nashville Telecaster, Reverend Warhawk 390, Taylor 914ce, ESP LTD Surveyor-414
    Effecten: "Thesis 96" Overdrive/Boost (aka DVM OD2), Hardwire DL-8 Digital Delay/Looper, DigiTech Polara Reverb, DigiTech EX-7 Expression Factory and CF-7 Chorus Factory, Danelectro CF-1 Cool Cat Fuzz

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by marnold View Post
    I like the idea of the M5, but I wonder how much I'd use 90% of it. I'd probably use the delay, reverb, and maybe the metal-style distortion for those br00tal moments.
    I understand that sentiment, but with something like the M5, I think it's more about having the effect you want at any one time. For instance, if there was a pedal that had high-quality reverb and delay on it for $200, would you buy it? I might. I feel like that's the way for me to think about the M-whatever, not in the percentage-use way.
    Pedals: Pod HD500X, Diamond Compressor, Tech 21 VT Bass, Sonic Research Turbo Tuner

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Spudman View Post
    If you don't have a looper then that would be my suggestion. It will do more for your playing that just about anything. It's easy to find a Boss RC20XL for $150 or less. You already have a good delay. When you are cranked it's hard to hear any subtle differences in delays anyway.
    How does the RC3/RC30 compare with the RC20XL? Are they just new versions? Also, how do people got about making drum tracks? A drum machine or some software on a pc? (Don't mean to hijack the thread).

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Eric View Post
    For instance, if there was a pedal that had high-quality reverb and delay on it for $200, would you buy it? I might. I feel like that's the way for me to think about the M-whatever, not in the percentage-use way.
    I hear ya. I was just messing around with my DD-6 and my amph. I'm beginning to see Spud's point about the delay. Any difference in mode would probably be very subtle. Obviously cool, but worth ~$150? WRT the M5: right now I have my EX-7 and CF-7 which are mostly gathering dust. It's not because they are bad pedals. I just don't use those effects very frequently.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by bcdon View Post
    How does the RC3/RC30 compare with the RC20XL? Are they just new versions? Also, how do people got about making drum tracks? A drum machine or some software on a pc? (Don't mean to hijack the thread).
    I think the RC-3 has some updated features like an extra button or two, but is otherwise just a new version of the RC-2. I'd assume the same about the RC-30.

You mean original drum tracks? There are drum machines, drum plugins for DAWs (I think -- probably VST plugins) and drum freeware you can download. On the loopers, many of them have several built-in drum tracks, like on the RC-2 it has a bunch...like 50 or something that you can cycle through.

Post Thanks / Like

Or instead of just getting the pickups, I could get the 35P4 and the MMTW pickup and a three-band EQ with this bass built around it for $299. http://www.musiciansfriend.com/bass/...LAID=364936500

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Eric View Post
    I think the RC-3 has some updated features like an extra button or two, but is otherwise just a new version of the RC-2. I'd assume the same about the RC-30.

You mean original drum tracks? There are drum machines, drum plugins for DAWs (I think -- probably VST plugins) and drum freeware you can download. On the loopers, many of them have several built-in drum tracks, like on the RC-2 it has a bunch...like 50 or something that you can cycle through.
    I have an RC-2 and more recently, a Boomerang III. As far as drum patterns go, I am actually really enjoying NOT having any built into the 'rang. Sure having a bunch of built in patterns speeds things up, just pick one and start playing, but I found myself only using one or two of the available patterns on the RC-2 after a while, and it kind of made everything I played sound the same. Since I've been using the 'rang I've actually found myself learning more about drums because I regularly make up my own basic beats using various iPhone drum apps.

Post Thanks / Like

Also thanks for that blurb on the M5 Robert. I was saving for a Strymon Timeline or El Capistan (and will continue to do so) but I see a $200 dent in that plan on the horizon....

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Ch0jin View Post
    I have an RC-2 and more recently, a Boomerang III. ...various iPhone drum apps.
    Hey Cho,

So, for a a first looper what would you suggest? I read your Boomerrang III review and it sounds awesome. Also, which drum apps do you like?

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by bcdon View Post
    Hey Cho,

So, for a a first looper what would you suggest? I read your Boomerrang III review and it sounds awesome. Also, which drum apps do you like?
    I've only used the RC-2 and 'rang, but for a first looper I'd lean towards a boss unit simply for the loop quantise feature. Not having to be super precise with your loops is a really gentle way to get into looping. I mean with the 'rang I'll often fudge about for ages trying to get a drum beat looped just perfectly before I even pick up the guitar. With a boss unit you have drums built in (with variable tap tempo) and the ability to save loops.

That said, I haven't touched my RC-2 since I plugged in the 'rang. The RC-2 makes an awesome practice tool, but the boomerang (or indeed the RC20XL) takes things to a whole new level. I love having four loop channels to play with and being able to bring them in and out at will.

I was looking at the RC20XL second hand, but they are just so rare over here. My suggestion (after all that) would be to look for a used RC-2 to get you started. Now there's a new one, I'd expect them to be showing up pretty cheap. If you think you will quickly outgrow only having one channel to pile loops on, I'd look for one of the cheap RC20XL's everyone seems to keep saying are out there.

Drum apps, well I use an app called finger drums mostly, but it's far from perfect. I mainly just use the kick and snare and it has a nice dirty acoustic sound to it, but it's laggy as hell. Takes some getting used to. I also use an app called, imaginatively, drum beats, which has 44 built in drum patterns that are quite nice. I'm still on the lookout for a killer drum app that I don't need to learn how to program drums to use though.

Hope that helps

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Robert View Post
    26 FILTERS
    Particle Verb A Line 6 original that turns your chords into a modulated pad. Three modes - Stable, Critical and Hazard - take you from lush and pure to manic and a little insane.
    Hi Robert

Sorry to steal this thread but how does the M5 sound through a tube amp and how does it work with other pedals? My current line up is as follows
    guitar>Vox Wah>Boss CE3>Fuzz Pedal>BOSS OD3>BOSS BD-2 >Boss CE-3 TC Nova Repeater>EHX Reverb>Amp. Where would the M5 fit in as i am looking just for a phaser/flanger then again i like all the extras !.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast