Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php on line 2958
Gibson Plant Raided - Page 2
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Gibson Plant Raided

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Eric View Post
    Well, I'll put it this way: I wouldn't be that surprised if there was a government agency like that with absolutely no ability to do anything about the violations it found. Seems like that would actually be pretty low on the incredulity scale.
    I wouldn't be terribly surprised either!

Post Thanks / Like

Juskiewicz had better watch out. Worse case could find him (or his execs) in jail where they'll find plenty of ebony wood.
    Soundcloud - Lights on Project

-Pete

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by stingx View Post
    Juskiewicz had better watch out. Worse case could find him (or his execs) in jail where they'll find plenty of ebony wood.
    Yikes!

Post Thanks / Like

Post Thanks / Like

I'll bet if that happened they'd be getting reamed one more time by authority.

"No Tele For you." - The Tele Nazi

Ha! Tele-ish now inbound.

Post Thanks / Like

Guitar Squid has a link to a CNN video regarding the raid, here.

Compare Henry's lead in guitar playing to the outtake of one of his worker bees.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by bcdon View Post
    Compare Henry's lead in guitar playing to the outtake of one of his worker bees.
    Yeah, that pretty much confirms the clip that Jimi75 posted a few weeks back of him trying to play lead and failing miserably. Juskiewicz is basically just a tool.
    Quote Originally Posted by Spudman
    Does anyone read the original post?
    Guitars: Gibson LP Studio, MIA Fender Precision, Carvin C350
    Amps: Genz Benz Shuttle 6.0 + Avatar B212 / Genzler 12-3, Acoustic B20
    Pedals: Pod HD500X, Diamond Compressor, Tech 21 VT Bass, Sonic Research Turbo Tuner

W. Branch of Susquehanna River, Pennsylvania
    Post Thanks / Like

I'm not sympathetic to Gibson's management decision and if they tried to fake papers or cover up their importation practice I'm not happy with that either. These resources in question are actually farmable, renewable, and sustainable if the right forest management is practiced. They are probably clear cutting or something even more disgusting, like "chaining".

People actually go to Federal Prison for violating these type of laws and Fish and Game has a lot of power, believe it or not, and even if they don't have enough mojo they will turn it over to the department of Justice that has all kinds of basically "free" lawyers that can make it Real expensive for Gibson to fight a case. They can drag it out for years, just like they are doing with the '09 incident, and cause Gibson to incur so much legal cost that it would make having a quick legal solution look super inexpensive. This is costing Gibson in legal fees, you can believe that, and the longer it drags out the more it will cost them. The Feds are obviously "on" them and probably are investigating a lot of other transactions as well. Something seemingly small could eventually turn out to be a very big deal, at least in terms of legal fees.
    Duffy Bolduc
    South Williamsport, Pa.

"Now all the things that use to mean so much to me has got me old before my time." G. Allman, "Old Before My Time", Hittin' the Note.

Major changes to guitars and amps, to be updated soon.

Fiance - Supportive of musical art

Post Thanks / Like

What they charge for a Les Paul Standard these days should be considered criminal alone...
    Soundcloud - Lights on Project

-Pete

Post Thanks / Like

I wish I would have seen this before I purchased my new neck for my Tele Project.
    Gibson ES 345 TDC
    Gibson ES 225
    Gibson ES 175
    Gibson ES 295
    Gibson ES 350
    Gibson SG
    Fender P Bass 70s
    Fender American Strat Delux
    Fender American Tele
    Alverez Yairi Ani DeFranco
    Fender Twin 65
    Fender Twin 72
    Fender Bassman 70
    Roland JC 120
    Marshall JVM 410 H
    Vintage 30 Stack

Post Thanks / Like

Heard about this a while ago. Trying to pick up one of their guitars manufactured before all of this. Hopefully be worth a pretty penny in the future.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12