Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php on line 2968
PodXT Live and Vox AD30VT Amp

Thread: PodXT Live and Vox AD30VT Amp

Post Thanks / Like

Default PodXT Live and Vox AD30VT Amp

I'm a newbie to electric guitar, but am interested in getting a PodXT Live to make life more fun and interesting.

I already have a Vox AD30VT practice amp and wondered if anyone has experience in getting the cleanest sound from the Vox so it doesn't flavor the PodXT too much so you can get predictable results when working with a non-modeled amp or a front of house system.

Would love your thoughts on that.

Dave

Post Thanks / Like

Boutique CL would be my first choice, Blackface 2x12 second.
    DVM's Ever-Expanding Gear List:

Guitars - W-A-A-A-Y-Y too many to list. Check 'em all out HERE

Amps & Cabs - "Kap'n Kerrang-aroo" BYOC 18W TMB kit amp head; Mojave Coyote head; Fender Hot Rod Deluxe Lacquered Tweed Ltd. Ed.; Allen Sweet Spot kit amp; BYOC Tweed Royal kit amp; Epiphone Valve Jr. combo + mods; Drive 2x12 cab / Celestion G12M Greenback + G12H30; AB Custom Audio 1x12 cab / Celestion Alnico Blue

Pedals/Effects - ZILLIONS, including DVM's Home-built Pedals - See some HERE and HERE, TOO!

DVM's Gear Photos
    Visit MY WEBSITE!

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by djmcconnell
    I'm a newbie to electric guitar, but am interested in getting a PodXT Live to make life more fun and interesting.

I already have a Vox AD30VT practice amp and wondered if anyone has experience in getting the cleanest sound from the Vox so it doesn't flavor the PodXT too much so you can get predictable results when working with a non-modeled amp or a front of house system.

Would love your thoughts on that.

Dave
    Are you saying that you want to run the POD in front of the AD30VT?

Has anyone here tried that? I have heard that running a digital modeler into a digital modeler doesn't produce good results.
    I pick a moon dog.

Camrose, Alberta, Canada - used to be Umea Sweden.
    Post Thanks / Like

Hey djmcconnell, be sure to post an intro in the Fret Player section!

I think you should be getting better tones from the AD30VT itself than having the Pod go into it. A standalone amp made for modeling units would sound better, like the Atomic stuff.

I agree with DVM, but I'd put the Blackface model first.
    The Law of Gravity is nonsense. No such law exists. If I think I float, and you think I float, then it happens.
    Master Guitar Academy - I also teach via SKYPE.

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

Hey Dave,

I have an AD50vt and it doesn't react too well to my modelling FX. I tried it with my Zoom G2 and couldn't get anything really usable so I've reverted to using my Fender amps and may sell/trade in the AD50vt. It might work better if it had an FX loop, the problem seems to be adding any kind of distortion model from your FX infront of the Vox models (even the clean one's) just seems to give a very processed tone.

There are other options, if you're going to pay for a podxt have a think about buying the line6 spider III amp for around the same price - this gives you almost all of the POD features built into the amp for a similar price (depending on what size Spider you choose). Stay away from the Spider II unless it's metal you want but I just read a review of the new Spider III in Guitarist magazine and it's supposed to be pretty versatile they gave it 4.5 out of 5.
    - Lev

Main Guitars: Fender US Deluxe HSS Strat, PRS SE C24, Fender Baja Tele
    Bass Guitar: Squier VM Jaguar Special
    Main Amp: Vox AC15
    Main Effects: Digitech EXP-7, Line6 M5, Soul Food, Sub n UP, Flashback, Polara Verb
    Vids: www.youtube.com/levguitar