Thread: 2 or more pedal boards?

Post Thanks / Like

Default 2 or more pedal boards?

.......how many of you actually have more than one pedal board? Have any of you felt the need to exclude certain pedals from your present board and have those sit on another one? Say for instance you have way too many pedals like Spud...and you've only got room for say 8 or so pedals on your current board. What do you do? Make another one? Alternate them every so often? I'd just as soon make another board. Anyone done this? Discuss.
    Guitars/Bass - MIM Fender Classic 50s Strat, MIM Fender Standard Strat, Squier Classic Vibe 50s Tele, Gibson Les Paul Studio, Epi '56 Gold Top Les Paul, Martin DSR acoustic, Sigma Martin Auditorium electric/acoustic, Squier Jazz Bass.

Amps/Cabinets/Modelers - Model 2558 50 watt Marshall Silver Anniversary Jubilee combo w/ Celestion Vintage 30s, 4x12 Marshall cabinet w/25 watt Greenback Celestions, Fender Blues Junior w/ a couple of Billm mods, Line 6 POD 2.0, Roland Micro Cube

Pedals/Effects - Cry Baby Classic Wah, Boss TU-2, Boss NS-2, Boss RC-2 Loop Station, Ross Compressor, MXR Micro Amp, Danelectro FAB Echo, Danelectro FAB Chorus, Danelectro Chicken Salad, Marshall Guv'nor Plus, Marshall Echohead, Duhvoodooman's Zonkin' Yellow Screamer, Digitech Digiverb, Digitech Bad Monkey, Dunlop Fuzz Face, Homemade Loop Bypass pedal, Duhvoodooman's Sonic Tonic (Maxon SD-9 clone +), Voodoo Labs Superfuzz

Camrose, Alberta, Canada - used to be Umea Sweden.
    Post Thanks / Like

Good question! I am currently possessing more pedals than my home made board can hold. What should I do? I'm thinking about buying a huge, honkin' professional board.
    The Law of Gravity is nonsense. No such law exists. If I think I float, and you think I float, then it happens.
    Master Guitar Academy - I also teach via SKYPE.

Post Thanks / Like

Rob - I've already run out of connections for my pedals! I'd have to run new pedals with batteries if I wanted them on the board! Me with pedals can you imagine!? I want to hear what these guys do about our problem.
    Guitars/Bass - MIM Fender Classic 50s Strat, MIM Fender Standard Strat, Squier Classic Vibe 50s Tele, Gibson Les Paul Studio, Epi '56 Gold Top Les Paul, Martin DSR acoustic, Sigma Martin Auditorium electric/acoustic, Squier Jazz Bass.

Amps/Cabinets/Modelers - Model 2558 50 watt Marshall Silver Anniversary Jubilee combo w/ Celestion Vintage 30s, 4x12 Marshall cabinet w/25 watt Greenback Celestions, Fender Blues Junior w/ a couple of Billm mods, Line 6 POD 2.0, Roland Micro Cube

Pedals/Effects - Cry Baby Classic Wah, Boss TU-2, Boss NS-2, Boss RC-2 Loop Station, Ross Compressor, MXR Micro Amp, Danelectro FAB Echo, Danelectro FAB Chorus, Danelectro Chicken Salad, Marshall Guv'nor Plus, Marshall Echohead, Duhvoodooman's Zonkin' Yellow Screamer, Digitech Digiverb, Digitech Bad Monkey, Dunlop Fuzz Face, Homemade Loop Bypass pedal, Duhvoodooman's Sonic Tonic (Maxon SD-9 clone +), Voodoo Labs Superfuzz

Post Thanks / Like

Simple...(not really)

Build another pedal board and use an A-B or a loop selector pedal. Behringer makes a couple for $20 and $30.

If you want to lug both then you'll need the A-B pedal. If you don't want to lug both then you have two functioning pedal boards. Ideally you'll set them up so each works as a stand alone effects center. One can have all your mild crunch and modulation effects and the other board can have the high gain spatial effects. One should suit an amph or situation better than the other. So when you go off somewhere to jam you can ask, "blond or brunette?" Having a choice can be fun.

"No Tele For you." - The Tele Nazi

Ha! Tele-ish now inbound.

Post Thanks / Like

Spud - having both blondes and brunettes is a lovely idea. A redhead or two would also be swell.

I was thinking...having one board for say one amph...and having one for another. The a/b thing sounds interesting too. Or maybe I'll just go back to using only the amph and selling all my pedals...on Ebay! J/K.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by tone2thebone
    Or maybe I'll just go back to using only the amph and selling all my pedals...on Ebay! J/K.
    I'll give you $25 for the CS9.

"No Tele For you." - The Tele Nazi

Ha! Tele-ish now inbound.

Camrose, Alberta, Canada - used to be Umea Sweden.
    Post Thanks / Like

I'll give you $30 for the CS9.
    The Law of Gravity is nonsense. No such law exists. If I think I float, and you think I float, then it happens.
    Master Guitar Academy - I also teach via SKYPE.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Robert
    I'll give you $30 for the CS9.
    Yeah, but that's Canadian, so that's what . . . $5.46?
    Axen: Jackson DK2M, Fender Deluxe Nashville Telecaster, Reverend Warhawk 390, Taylor 914ce, ESP LTD Surveyor-414
    Amphen: Jet City JCA22H and JCA12S cab, Carvin X-60 combo, Acoustic B20
    Effecten: "Thesis 96" Overdrive/Boost (aka DVM OD2), Hardwire DL-8 Digital Delay/Looper, DigiTech Polara Reverb, DigiTech EX-7 Expression Factory and CF-7 Chorus Factory, Danelectro CF-1 Cool Cat Fuzz
    "I wish Imagine Dragons would be stuck in an Arcade Fire for an entire Vampire Weekend."--Brian Posehn

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Spudman
    Simple...(not really)

Build another pedal board and use an A-B or a loop selector pedal. Behringer makes a couple for $20 and $30.
    And if an A-B just isnt enough.. well..

http://www.loop-master.com/

Has a great assortment of A-B-C A-B-Y and loop switchers.. check them out..

Jimmie Vaughan Strat , Squire 51
    Epi 56 GoldTop, SX "Vintage" Jazz Bass
    Zager 50, Guild GAD30R (Excellent)
    G-Dec 3 Thirty, Valve Junior & Cab
    Crate PowerBlock, Crate V33H
    JamVox, Studio GX With Mods/Farm 2.0.