Thread: It Might Get Loud!

Post Thanks / Like

Default It Might Get Loud!

I'd never heard of this until the other day when i was talking to a 'non-guitar but big rock music' enthusiast. Seems to be more of a feature documentary along the lines of 'Lemmy: The Movie' but focusing on the Electric Guitar in general, Jimmy Page, The Edge and Jack White in particular.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/It_Might_Get_Loud

Anyone seen it? Thought and opinions welcome as i'd like some before blowing a Lady Godiva on Amazon!

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Mac Morganfield View Post
    I'd never heard of this until the other day when i was talking to a 'non-guitar but big rock music' enthusiast. Seems to be more of a feature documentary along the lines of 'Lemmy: The Movie' but focusing on the Electric Guitar in general, Jimmy Page, The Edge and Jack White in particular.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/It_Might_Get_Loud

Anyone seen it? Thought and opinions welcome as i'd like some before blowing a Lady Godiva on Amazon!
    There was a thread on this when it came out:

http://www.thefret.net/showthread.ph...t-Loud-anyone?

I saw it. It was interesting. Page was awesome. I'm not a big fan of the Edge, but I can appreciate his contribution to pop music. I didn't like Jack White at all. He came across as kind of a tool (at least that was my impression.) I haven't heard any of his music, so I can't comment on that.

[spoiler]......

The high point of the documentary for me was when Page played the riff to "Whole Lotta Love." You could see the Edge and White were awestruck, and rightfully so.
    I was just a regular guy. My only super power was being invisible to girls.
    - Dave Lizewski, Kick-A$$

Post Thanks / Like

I got this on DVD. For anyone even remotely interested in rock guitar this is an interesting docu-movie. Jimmy Page, as already mentioned, is awesome. His contributions alone make this worth watching. He gives an insight into his early influences and heroes, and comes across as someone who literally lives and breathes rock guitar. When he fires up his Les Paul for THAT riff, Whole Lotta Love, you just get tingles !
    The Edge, comes across as a genuine, decent guy, but, for me personally, seems more interested in how he can colour his guitar sounds using as much technology as possible. I'm old school, I guess.... I just like to hear a guitar plugged into a cranked up Marshall and rocking out. Having said that, I do like a lot of U2's music, so all due respect to The Edge.
    Jack White.........what can I say ? You either love him or loathe him. I personally like the guy. He seems to have a genuine respect for the old delta blues, even if he does come across as something of an oddball. Hate his taste in guitars though !
    So, yeah, if you haven't watched It Might Get Loud give it a go, I think you'll enjoy it.