Thread: New PA Day !!!!!!!!

Post Thanks / Like

Default New PA Day !!!!!!!!

So it's been awhile since I've had anything new to post.
    My last venture was the Studiolive 1642 board, I got to tell ya. If you care about how you mix your sound in a live situation this board absolutly ROCKS.
    So with that said I set forth to get a new FOH for my band.
    Had a job change and I'm currently driving truck in the oilfields of N. Dakota so it's been alot of mileage getting back and forth to play in my band. Its 730 miles from my front door to my Peterbuilt, and my band is scedualed to play every 2 weeks till Febuary of 2012! Lots of mileage, but HELLA good money!
    Which brings us to the topic of my post.
    With the money I've been making I wanted a new FOH to go with my mixer. Took a good hard look at the PRX 600 series by JBL and listened to some of them a friend has, very nice and loud clean reprodution of whatever source was fed to them,but, they got really hot and I feared they would thermal out if pushed too hard. I would reccomend these speakers if they get the heat problem taken care of.
    SOOOOOOOOOOO,
    I looked at the new EV ELX stuff and went with it as I dont always need a huge amount of coverage,just good clarity and solid punch.
    Purchased the ELX112p over the ELX118p and I am very happy.
    Played my first gig with them in a venue where volume is never an issue,and they kicked some serious ***. Lady 2 blocks away could feel the kick drum in her home,YES!
    Getting that concert crush your chest kick has always been something my band strives for, gets the booty shaking ya know.
    Well this little system pulled it off great, 5 hours in a row for 2 nights and never even got warm to the touch.
    If you shop around you can get the whole system for less than 2500.00 and it is worth every penny.
    Light, the internal xover works well( I use a DRPA but tried them both ways) easy to move and set up. Loud Clear and the ELX118p subs are pretty punchy.
    The only downfall is that the coating on the outside of the speakers is kinda thin and scratches easily.
    Great System for a great price!

Post Thanks / Like

Thanks for the tip on the system JD. Glad to hear things are going well. Are you hanging out in Williston by chance?

"No Tele For you." - The Tele Nazi

Ha! Tele-ish now inbound.

Post Thanks / Like

Actually north of there in Crosby. Way nice community up there. Williston is pure MADNESS! I'm in Williston weekly for some reason or another, but I really don't like it.
    Went to Minot the other day to check out the flood damage there, man my prayers went out to those peeps,their town was devistated.
    Checked in at a music store named Jacobsons while there, nice folks there very nice and fun!