Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Rattle Can Refin, My First

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

Dang, I never thought much of the Jazzmaster shape but now I find myself craving for one. That's so much sexier than a strat, and the PU selector switch is already where it's supposed to be on electrics plus I love the white. (If you haven't noticed pretty much all my axes are white/cream). And a maple fretboard! I'd really be interested on that axe if it were on sale somewhere near, really cool looking and great features!
    Dee

"When life's a biatch, be a horny dog"

Amps: Marshall JVM 410H w/ Plexi Cap mod, Choke Mod & Negative Feedback Removal mod, 4x12", Behringer GMX110, Amplitube 3/StealthPedal

Half a dozen custom built/bastardized guitars all with EMG's, mostly 85's, Ibanez Artwood acoustic & Yamaha SGR bass, Epiphone Prophecy SG, Vox Wah, Pitchblack tuner plus assorted pedals, rack gear etc. for home studio use.

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

Deeaa: I just printed out a full scale pattern for a Jagmaster body and neck on our plotter here at work. Hosted here: http://www.lucky-cricket.com/files/jagster-plan.pdf . Should be getting new tires for my band saw any day now. I might cheat, and just make a body, since I have a spare mahogany Samick neck sitting at home at the moment. I feel like I can tackle building a guitar body right now. But making a neck, I think is a bit out of my league until I get a bit more practice in the wood shop. I bought all that wood working stuff when we moved into our house. I was going to make cabinet for our kitchen. Well I made one cabinet, and we decided to buy unfinished cabs, heh. Anyways, I have a lot of tools and not a lot of experience wood working. Hoping to double the length of my garage in the spring to give me more room.

Duffy: I don't have any sons (2 daughters), and they aren't old enough to jam out (yet!). I'm not enamored with the pickguard myself, but, it's a strange uncommon shape, so my only option was to get a custom one made, or keep the original. The p90s rock. With one caveat: there's more hum at higher volume or gain than my Tele. Also, I've only really played these at bedroom levels through my Peavey Bandit. I use pedals for dirt, and these get pretty dirty. I'd like to jam out with them at rehearsal volume to see how they sound clean and with some gain. Again, all these descriptions are lame, I really need to sit down and record a few minutes to demo it. I think the demo would be interesting because the 3 pedals on my board (other than a tuner) are a Allum Blues Stack modded BD-2, A stock BD-2, and a BYOC British Blues overdrive. So similar pedals, but different, heh.

W. Branch of Susquehanna River, Pennsylvania
    Post Thanks / Like

I like to keep the noise off the p90, turn down the guitar treble and even volume if possible - then crank ihe amp. Adjusting the Big Muff Pi down as quiet as possible adds well deserved muffiness to the sound and produces some very cool screaming tones.
    Duffy Bolduc
    South Williamsport, Pa.

"Now all the things that use to mean so much to me has got me old before my time." G. Allman, "Old Before My Time", Hittin' the Note.

Major changes to guitars and amps, to be updated soon.

Fiance - Supportive of musical art

Post Thanks / Like

The transformation is stunning. Very good paint job sir.

Now I really want to refinish my Harper guitar. And white too.
    _____

GUITARS - Carvin DC127M - Carvin Bolt kit
    AMPS - Bogner Alchemist 112 - Blackheart Handsome Devil half stack
    FXs - Roger Linn Adrenalinn III - Boss GT-10
    _____

Post Thanks / Like

C64, that is just some killer work. Very impressive what you did with that guitar. I too never had interest in Jazzmasters until now...

Post Thanks / Like

Amazing piece of work Commodore Hats off I really like the nice olympic White that you did it really looks gorgous on this guitar
    Guitars:
    1978 Fender Telecaster Thinline Custom USA, New Nash TL-72 Thinline Telecaster, 1965 Harmony Meteor, H71, 1986 Fender Telecaster Esquire MIJ, New Martin J-41 Special, 1933 National Duolian, 1941, New Eastwood Mandocaster 12 strings

Amps:
    Tweed Vibrolux Custom Denis Manlay, 1976 Fender Deluxe Reverb Silverface

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12