Thread: Custom Carved Guitar

Post Thanks / Like

Default Custom Carved Guitar

I came upon this in Youtube by accident... there's a guy named Gig Goldstein who you custom carve a guitar for $400. He needs a blank body (no finish) and the work he does is incredible. Do a search on Gig Carved Guitar (or something like that). My two favorites is the grim reaper and alice in wonderland. I'm getting him to do an Alien/Predator them on an SG, or at least I'm looking into finding a Gibson at a reasonable price for him to do this.

Post Thanks / Like

Cool!

I have a old friend back in NJ who made basses that were all hand carved
    I'm not sure if this Facebook page will open for people who aren't listed as friends of Jamie, but there are some decent pics of instruments he made. I had never seen anything like it. He has a fascination for snakes. The first time I saw one of his creations the headstock was the head of a hooded cobra, the eyes lit up with red LED's, and if he pressed a tiny button on the body a spring loaded tongue would pop out of the snake's mouth. He carved incredible detail in the scales of the skin and the patterns that the scales created. He even hand painted the gig bag he used with it.These pics don't don Jamie's artistry justice, but you can get an idea of what a madman he is ~

http://www.facebook.com/jaime.ahern?sk=photos

Post Thanks / Like

Post Thanks / Like

Does anyone know where i could get in contact with Gig Goldstein? i would love a guitar by him but i cant seem to find where to contact him