Thread: Starting to plan my next project, need a good wood supplier

Post Thanks / Like

Default Starting to plan my next project, need a good wood supplier

So, after 5 projects (refinishes, rebuilds and kit builds) I feel like I am finally brave enough to start my first "from scratch" build. The design is based around the Gibson CS-336, a carved semi-hollow mahogany body with carved maple top. I am considering a neck thru design, but probably not, seeing as a piece of mahogany large enough will most likely put me a couple months behind in my mortgage. I was curious if anyone knew of some reputable domestic (US) suppliers where I could browse their selection to get the right wood for my project. I will be asking more questions along the way regarding winding and wiring my own pickups. This is a very ambitious project but I really want to build as much of it from scratch as possible. Sound off, rock on!

Post Thanks / Like

"Always go heavy on the effects and try to blind the audience with expensive gear." - hubberjub

I mean, no offense, but I don't really see why, like guitar players from Creed, or something like that, are on the cover of guitar magazines. Almost anybody can sit down and learn to play those songs.
    Dweezil Zappa