Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php on line 2958

Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php on line 2958
Amp Stack Project

Thread: Amp Stack Project

Post Thanks / Like

Default Amp Stack Project

A while back, I got the itch to build a 1x12 cabinet for my Crate head. I had a 4x12, but sometimes that's just too much. Anyway, I recently bought a Crate Vintage Club 20 off Ebay and wasn't super impressed with it's sound. I put some new JJ tubes in it, which helped, but that 10" speaker seemed to be my problem. So, I got the bright idea to build a head cabinet and use the amp guts from the VC 20 and the 1x12 cabinet to build a mini-stack. I finished tonight (except for a set of metal corner protectors, which should be here tomorrow) and wanted to post some pics for you to enjoy. It's not a "great" job, but for my first amp/cab build, I think it turned out OK. Haven't turned it up loud yet - the wife won't let me... lol... Not to worry. I'll catch her gone and crank it up! So far, she sounds pretty good.

Anyway, here's the pics. Enjoy!

Ronnie

Guitars: Washburn WI64DL Idol, Yamaha Pacifica 112, Yamaha EG112C, Washburn House of Blues Electric, Washburn G30 Acoustic

Amps: Crate GX1200H Head, Crate 4x12 Cabinet, Crate GLX65 12" Combo, Johnson 15 watt, Fender Frontman 25R

Pedals: Cry Baby Wah, DOD FX20-B Stereo Phaser, Danelectro Cool Cat Transparent Overdrive, Daneletro CM2 Metal II, Danelectro FAB Chorus, Danelectro FAB Flange

Post Thanks / Like

Looks great, Ron! I think I posted in your other thread.

Some metal corners on the cab would work nicely, I think.
    Guitars:
    Fender 2006 MIM Fender Stratocaster HSS in 3TS
    Ibanez RG 570 with a bridge Invader
    ESP M II Deluxe with a Tune-o-Matic bridge
    Eleanor, the magical, mystical Road Worn wonder Tele
    Blackstar HT Club 40

Post Thanks / Like

Cool. I like projects like this.
    Axen: Jackson DK2M, Fender Deluxe Nashville Telecaster, Reverend Warhawk 390, Taylor 914ce, ESP LTD Surveyor-414
    Amphen: Jet City JCA22H and JCA12S cab, Carvin X-60 combo, Acoustic B20
    Effecten: "Thesis 96" Overdrive/Boost (aka DVM OD2), Hardwire DL-8 Digital Delay/Looper, DigiTech Polara Reverb, DigiTech EX-7 Expression Factory and CF-7 Chorus Factory, Danelectro CF-1 Cool Cat Fuzz
    "I wish Imagine Dragons would be stuck in an Arcade Fire for an entire Vampire Weekend."--Brian Posehn

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Katastrophe View Post
    Looks great, Ron! I think I posted in your other thread.

Some metal corners on the cab would work nicely, I think.
    Got 'em Kat. I ordered the wrong kind though (3 corner instead of 2), so I had a friend of mine cut off one corner and I touched it up with paint and mounted them. I will post a picture of the final tonight!

Thanks Marnold!
    Ronnie

Guitars: Washburn WI64DL Idol, Yamaha Pacifica 112, Yamaha EG112C, Washburn House of Blues Electric, Washburn G30 Acoustic

Amps: Crate GX1200H Head, Crate 4x12 Cabinet, Crate GLX65 12" Combo, Johnson 15 watt, Fender Frontman 25R

Pedals: Cry Baby Wah, DOD FX20-B Stereo Phaser, Danelectro Cool Cat Transparent Overdrive, Daneletro CM2 Metal II, Danelectro FAB Chorus, Danelectro FAB Flange

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

The covering material looks like a house cat's dream come true :-) nice matching set!
    Dee

"When life's a biatch, be a horny dog"

Amps: Marshall JVM 410H w/ Plexi Cap mod, Choke Mod & Negative Feedback Removal mod, 4x12", Behringer GMX110, Amplitube 3/StealthPedal

Half a dozen custom built/bastardized guitars all with EMG's, mostly 85's, Ibanez Artwood acoustic & Yamaha SGR bass, Epiphone Prophecy SG, Vox Wah, Pitchblack tuner plus assorted pedals, rack gear etc. for home studio use.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by deeaa View Post
    The covering material looks like a house cat's dream come true :-) nice matching set!
    No sooner than said.

_____

GUITARS - Carvin DC127M - Carvin Bolt kit
    AMPS - Bogner Alchemist 112 - Blackheart Handsome Devil half stack
    FXs - Roger Linn Adrenalinn III - Boss GT-10
    _____

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by bigoldron View Post
    Got 'em Kat. I ordered the wrong kind though (3 corner instead of 2), so I had a friend of mine cut off one corner and I touched it up with paint and mounted them. I will post a picture of the final tonight!

Thanks Marnold!
    Sweet! I like that you improvise to solve the problem with the corners. A little SW Georgia ingenuity!
    Guitars:
    Fender 2006 MIM Fender Stratocaster HSS in 3TS
    Ibanez RG 570 with a bridge Invader
    ESP M II Deluxe with a Tune-o-Matic bridge
    Eleanor, the magical, mystical Road Worn wonder Tele
    Blackstar HT Club 40

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Katastrophe View Post
    Sweet! I like that you improvise to solve the problem with the corners. A little SW Georgia ingenuity!
    We do what we have to do down here.... lol
    Ronnie

Post Thanks / Like

Mr Big,
    Looks great i think I've posted in your other thread,
    some Metal corners work nicely i just think so.....
    martini recipes
    Last edited by starskyroth; November 5th, 2011 at 03:25 AM.