Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php on line 2958

Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php on line 2958

New Squier Artist Signature Models

Thread: New Squier Artist Signature Models

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

Default New Squier Artist Signature Models

Signature models are usually a hit or miss for me, but anything new from Squier is worth checking out since their quality has improved lately.
    The J Mascis Jazzmaster and Joe Trohman Telecaster are available at Squier dealers with a manufacturer’s suggested retail price of $599.99 each.

The new J Mascis Jazzmaster offers as much massive sound and performance as its namesake. Its striking Vintage White finish, pickups and hardware are all specified by Mascis himself, offering guitarists tremendous tone, quality and looks at an incredible value.

Features include a basswood body, C-shaped maple neck, rosewood fingerboard with 9.5” radius and 21 jumbo frets, two single-coil Jazzmaster pickups with three-position switching and dual tone circuits, gold anodized aluminum pickguard, Adjusto-Matic bridge with vintage-style floating tremolo tailpiece, vintage-style tuners, chrome hardware and J Mascis’ signature on the back of the large ‘60s style headstock.

The Joe Trohman Telecaster is an unusual new take on the venerable early-‘70s Fender Telecaster Deluxe. This triple-pickup beauty rocks a ton of tones with easy switching features. It comes equipped with an alder body, C-shaped maple neck, rosewood fingerboard with 12” radius and 22 jumbo frets, two open-coil humbucking pickups (neck and bridge), single-coil Stratocaster® middle pickup, five-position rotary pickup selector switch, upper bout kill switch, vintage-style six-saddle strings-through-body hardtail bridge, chrome hardware, large 1968-style Stratocaster® headstock with Trohman’s signature on the back, and Two-color Sunburst finish.

Guitar: Gibson SG Standard Natural Burst, Squier CV 50's Tele, Hell Guitars No. 2, Squier CV 50's Strat, Reverend Club King 290, Taylor 522e 12-Fret mahogany,
    Squier Vintage Modified Jaguar Bass Short Scale
    Amp: Fender Super Champ X2 Head, Egnater Tweaker 15, Fender Mustang I, Acoustic B20 1x12 bass amp
    Pedal: Budda Budwah wah, Wampler Ego Compressor, Electro-Harmonix Soul Food, Voodoo Lab Sparkle Drive, Wampler Velvet Fuzz, Seven Sisters Eve Tremolo, TC Electronics Gravy Tri Chorus & Vibrato, Catalinbread Echorec, TC Electronic Alter Ego 2 Delay, Hardwire Supernatural Ambient Verb, MXR Carbon Copy, Catalinbread RAH, Big Muff Pi with Tone Wicker, BYOC Mouse 2.0 Distortion, BYOC Boost/OD-2

Post Thanks / Like

The Jazzmaster is almost perfect. I hate when they put the input jack there because you can't swing the tremolo bar all the way around to the back without it stopping at the cable. Otherwise, it's a real looker.

"No Tele For you." - The Tele Nazi

Ha! Tele-ish now inbound.

Post Thanks / Like

Dude. That tele basically looks like an Ibanez with a big pickguard, given that pickup config.

I should dig me out some Dinosaur Jr.
    Quote Originally Posted by Spudman
    Does anyone read the original post?
    Guitars: Gibson LP Studio, MIA Fender Precision, Carvin C350
    Amps: Genz Benz Shuttle 6.0 + Avatar B212 / Genzler 12-3, Acoustic B20
    Pedals: Pod HD500X, Diamond Compressor, Tech 21 VT Bass, Sonic Research Turbo Tuner

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Eric View Post
    I should dig me out some Dinosaur Jr.

I've always hoped that that version was done very ironically.
    Axen: Jackson DK2M, Fender Deluxe Nashville Telecaster, Reverend Warhawk 390, Taylor 914ce, ESP LTD Surveyor-414
    Amphen: Jet City JCA22H and JCA12S cab, Carvin X-60 combo, Acoustic B20
    Effecten: "Thesis 96" Overdrive/Boost (aka DVM OD2), Hardwire DL-8 Digital Delay/Looper, DigiTech Polara Reverb, DigiTech EX-7 Expression Factory and CF-7 Chorus Factory, Danelectro CF-1 Cool Cat Fuzz
    "I wish Imagine Dragons would be stuck in an Arcade Fire for an entire Vampire Weekend."--Brian Posehn

Post Thanks / Like

I was seriously gassing for the J Mascis Jazzmaster...but new LTD means I need to hold off on new guitar purchases for awhile. It definitely looks like what the squier VM jazzmaster should have been.
    Dave
    Guitars: Ibanez AF-75, Schecter Solo-6 Custom, Douglas SG
    Amps: Fender Princeton 65, Marshall AVT50
    Pedals: Metal Muff, MXR Smart Gate, EHX Cathedral Reverb, Digitech RP-255

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

If the tele were at the normal CV/squire pricepoints, I would be interested for my son. I think a dual humbucker tele would work well for him. I don't think the middle pup hurts it any. but not at MIM price point. Given the price point, I would be looking more at the black top teles unless the street price is way less.
    Steve Thompson
    Sun Valley, Idaho

Guitars: Fender 60th Anniversary Std. Strat, Squier CVC Tele Hagstrom Viking Semi-hollow, Joshua beach guitar, Martin SPD-16TR Dreadnought
    Amphs: Peavey Classic 30, '61 Fender Concert
    Effects and such: Boss: DS-1, CE-5, NS-2 and RC20XL looper, Digitech Bad Monkey, Korg AX1G Multi-effects, Berhinger: TU100 tuner, PB100 Clean Boost, Line 6 Toneport UX2, Electro Harmonix Little Big Muff Pi, DuhVoodooMan's Rabid Rodent Rat Clone, Zonkin Yellow Screamer Mk. II, MXR Carbon Copy Delay

love is the answer, at least for most of the questions in my heart. . .
    - j. johnson

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Tig View Post
    Signature models are usually a hit or miss for me, but anything new from Squier is worth checking out since their quality has improved lately.
    The J Mascis Jazzmaster and Joe Trohman Telecaster are available at Squier dealers with a manufacturer’s suggested retail price of $599.99 each.

The new J Mascis Jazzmaster offers as much massive sound and performance as its namesake. Its striking Vintage White finish, pickups and hardware are all specified by Mascis himself, offering guitarists tremendous tone, quality and looks at an incredible value.

Features include a basswood body, C-shaped maple neck, rosewood fingerboard with 9.5” radius and 21 jumbo frets, two single-coil Jazzmaster pickups with three-position switching and dual tone circuits, gold anodized aluminum pickguard, Adjusto-Matic bridge with vintage-style floating tremolo tailpiece, vintage-style tuners, chrome hardware and J Mascis’ signature on the back of the large ‘60s style headstock.

The Joe Trohman Telecaster is an unusual new take on the venerable early-‘70s Fender Telecaster Deluxe. This triple-pickup beauty rocks a ton of tones with easy switching features. It comes equipped with an alder body, C-shaped maple neck, rosewood fingerboard with 12” radius and 22 jumbo frets, two open-coil humbucking pickups (neck and bridge), single-coil Stratocaster® middle pickup, five-position rotary pickup selector switch, upper bout kill switch, vintage-style six-saddle strings-through-body hardtail bridge, chrome hardware, large 1968-style Stratocaster® headstock with Trohman’s signature on the back, and Two-color Sunburst finish.

Sounds interesting. Ive not heard about these in the UK but I guess theyll filter over here on a slow boat from the far east eventually.

Post Thanks / Like

i would LOVE to add the Mascis and Trohman Squiers to my collection. I think they both look killer...but no more room in my apartment for guitars.

Post Thanks / Like

I got my Mascis Jazzmaster today.
    The fretwork is nice. The neck feels fantastic. Not all glossy and sticky, but silky smooth.
    It sounds great. I'm liking the dual tone circuit. with the top switch down, the traditional tone knob controls the pickups, and it's very bright. Switch up, those roller pots are the tone and volume controls. It's a bit more mellow, and also very pleasant sounding.
    Haven't really gone to town on that whammy yet. I think I would like a shorter arm on that thing. Wonder if anybody makes one. Otherwise, to be honest, the arm will probably not even be in it.
    There's a tiny bit of buzz in the bridge that I need to track down. But the setup is actually quite good for LITERALLY right out of the box (including Chinese paper wrapped around the strings.) It's even intonated.
    For the money*, I am REALLY impressed with this thing. If it didn't say Squier and China on the headstock, I'd swear it was at least a Japanese model, if not American. And I own old and new American Fenders.

*Musician's Friend price - $399. Case = $50. Free shipping, then a 15% off phone in coupon. Total damage: $375 delivered. Unbelievable.

Here are a few more details