Thread: Howdy, Robert

Post Thanks / Like

Default Howdy, Robert

I was pleased to find out this forum is your baby, Robert. I have had Dolfinstreet as a favorite for some time. I have stalked around at Gear page, Harmony central, and am a refugee from the fender forum. I am a 62 y.o. f*ck, in construction and hating my life as I should have spent it on guitar. I play everyday, now. Competent, but wanting to get better. I'm looking for a way to get out of working all the time, and just get good before I die.

I have a MIA Stratocaster Delux. 50th anniversity 2 tone sunburst, and it, for whatever reason the gods have, is my main guitar. I also have 2 real nice Tele's.
    But, I realized tonight, I'm just not a Tele guy. I dig Mr. Paisley, and have all his stuff, but, man, I cant play clean on a Tele. Popa Chubby, Matt Schofield, are my main heroes.

I play blues in a traditional way with lots of stretching into the next tone ,but I am working on developing a tight, punchy style that moves into position up and down the neck. That is my goal for now. No more straining.

I found your forum after googling "Is stratocaster the best guitar ever?" Ha ha.

Anyway, I find you to be a real gentleman, and I am glad to be here.

Camrose, Alberta, Canada - used to be Umea Sweden.
    Post Thanks / Like

Hey man, good to have you here! You've found a great place to hang out. It is full o friendly people. Thanks for joining and make yourself at home!
    The Law of Gravity is nonsense. No such law exists. If I think I float, and you think I float, then it happens.
    Master Guitar Academy - I also teach via SKYPE.

Post Thanks / Like

Welcome! Teles can be hard to play. Used my '52 RI at practice last night on a Jason Mraz (sp?) song and all those jazzy chords were a challenge to say the least.

Despite that, I'm still a Tele man over Strats. Different strokes!

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

Welcome to The Fret, Taurus!
    I like Tele's, Strat's, Les Pauls, and most anything with P90's or TV Jones pickups, etc., etc... (I guess I'm a guitar slut)

This is a good place full of great folks that are enablers of GAS, so try to fight sudden impulse buying of gear.
    Guitar: Gibson SG Standard Natural Burst, Squier CV 50's Tele, Hell Guitars No. 2, Squier CV 50's Strat, Reverend Club King 290, Taylor 522e 12-Fret mahogany,
    Squier Vintage Modified Jaguar Bass Short Scale
    Amp: Fender Super Champ X2 Head, Egnater Tweaker 15, Fender Mustang I, Acoustic B20 1x12 bass amp
    Pedal: Budda Budwah wah, Wampler Ego Compressor, Electro-Harmonix Soul Food, Voodoo Lab Sparkle Drive, Wampler Velvet Fuzz, Seven Sisters Eve Tremolo, TC Electronics Gravy Tri Chorus & Vibrato, Catalinbread Echorec, TC Electronic Alter Ego 2 Delay, Hardwire Supernatural Ambient Verb, MXR Carbon Copy, Catalinbread RAH, Big Muff Pi with Tone Wicker, BYOC Mouse 2.0 Distortion, BYOC Boost/OD-2

Post Thanks / Like

Welcome to the Fret Taurus!

Cheers
    Gearlist:
    Electric: Ibanez 'AS103', Fender Dlx Nash Pwr Tele, Fender Squier '62 JV Strat, Squier '51, Squier 60's Classic Vibe Strat, Epi Elite LP Studio, Hagstrom Swede Acoustic: Larrivee LV-03RE, A&L AMI, Yamaha FG340-T Bass: Yamaha BB 450 Amps: Roland JC-120, JC-50, Peavey Classic 30, Fender Super Champ XD Pedals: Marshall Guv'nor Plus, Danelectro Cool Cat Drive, Transparent Overdrive, Digitech Digiverb, Bad Monkey, Ibanez TS-9, Boss AC-2, CE-5, CS-2, DD-3, DF-2, DS-1, FV-100, GE-7, OC-2, PSM-5, SD-1, TU-2, DVM~BYOC 'Lush Puppy' Chorus

Post Thanks / Like

Welcome aboard, Taurus! I share your goal in life -- to get get good before I die -- as well as your opinion of Robert, a class act to be sure.

Post Thanks / Like

Nice to have you here Taurus, I also end up here after following the Dolphin Street web page !
    Guitars:
    1978 Fender Telecaster Thinline Custom USA, New Nash TL-72 Thinline Telecaster, 1965 Harmony Meteor, H71, 1986 Fender Telecaster Esquire MIJ, New Martin J-41 Special, 1933 National Duolian, 1941, New Eastwood Mandocaster 12 strings

Amps:
    Tweed Vibrolux Custom Denis Manlay, 1976 Fender Deluxe Reverb Silverface

Post Thanks / Like

Thanks for the warm welcome, all.

Brian, it's that damned 'ashtray' on the Tele that makes it a struggle for me. I've thought about taking the bridge off, and milling down the flange on the upper edge. I can mute the heavy strings on a Strat without even thinking about it. With the Tele, I'm droning like a sitar half the time.

Jipes, you live in Alsace, where the make Fischer-LaBelle? Unreal, man.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Taurus View Post
    Thanks for the warm welcome, all.

Jipes, you live in Alsace, where the make Fischer-LaBelle? Unreal, man.
    Not far indeed, love that beer
    Guitars:
    1978 Fender Telecaster Thinline Custom USA, New Nash TL-72 Thinline Telecaster, 1965 Harmony Meteor, H71, 1986 Fender Telecaster Esquire MIJ, New Martin J-41 Special, 1933 National Duolian, 1941, New Eastwood Mandocaster 12 strings

Amps:

Camrose, Alberta, Canada - used to be Umea Sweden.
    Post Thanks / Like

Haven't heard that one! French beer is not common here.

Jipes, have you tried anything from http://www.unibroue.com?

These guys also make great beer - http://mcauslan.com/
    The Law of Gravity is nonsense. No such law exists. If I think I float, and you think I float, then it happens.
    Master Guitar Academy - I also teach via SKYPE.

Post Thanks / Like

No Robert I think I have drink once the Blanche Chambly but I usually drink beer only when I'm playing gigs. At home I favour white wine
    Guitars:

Amps: