Well, I have a few options here.

- Order a new Epi limited in the color I like (white) = 379€. I was getting one w/hardcase for 320 used but that doesn't seem to happen.

- Get a cheaper Epi SG used; there's a few Goths and an Emily the Strange used here for 150;- or so...but, they just don't seem like they're good enough quality to me; I'd have to drop in lots of dough for improvements and still all the cheaper ones aren't proper woods but laminates...and neck heavy too.

- A G400 basic would be OK I suppose, albeit laminated too; 250€, but...I dunno. I just don't want a basic red one. And I'd have to order one :-(

- A gibson lower-end SG...I could get an SG special EB for 750€ but that's a touch too much, and I dunno about black either. There's the 60's special w/P-90's but that would be an entirely different kind of thing - well under 600 but, well, I don't want a faded one and they've skimped on some other stuff as well. I'd really want basic humbucking (with thoughts of upgrading it to actives later on) and the traditional SG looks, preferably white or some special color, not the usual wine, brown or black.

- There's a few interesting Samic etc. older SG copies around for much the same dough---but those have weird headstocks and quite assorted looking hardwares usually.

- The last one is - and I'm gearing towards this - is get an Epi Prophecy SG. I could get one used for 320. They should be properly mahogany thru and thru, but with a really pretty maple cap and a much slimmer fast taper neck. Also they have Gibson USA pickups (DirtyFingers) which I would likely swap for actives BUT I could also sell for some money back, unlike Epi pups which are worthless:

The Prophecy SG is ugly as hell stock, due to the pimp-looking gold hardware, but I figure once I'd swap all the gold parts for black chrome or chrome it'd look WAY better...also flat EMG's would look good on it, and I could put in a small white pickguard to give it some more classic SG feel. It'd look like this:

Now that'd look like a nice SG to me already...and a bit special too.