Thread: New video - Jon Gomm: Passionflower

Post Thanks / Like

Default New video - Jon Gomm: Passionflower

My name's Rob, I'm currently helping out my brother Jon Gomm (he's a pretty well known guitarist around the UK and Europe) by hopefully making some interested people aware of his new video. Wasn't sure which forum to go to hear but "Have You Heard?" made some sense to me! Let me know if it's wrong, since this is promotional.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nY7GnAq6Znw

I really hope some of you like it!

By the way, the mp3 and full guitar tab of the song are available at http://jongomm.com/store

I’d love to know what people think of the track, and if there’s any replies on this thread I’ll send Jon over for a look (I'm setting up a bookmark folder of everywhere I visit so I can easily get back to them!).

Cheers,

Rob.

Post Thanks / Like

Anyone watched it?

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by performingchimp View Post
    Anyone watched it?
    I did, Rob. Fantastic playing, beautiful song.

I've been a fan of your brother's music for around 4 yrs. now, here's a link.

http://www.thefret.net/showthread.ph...adiohead-cover

Tell him "Hello", and keep up the good work.
    Guitars
    Wilburn Versatare, '52 FrankenTele(Fender licensed parts), Fender USA Roadhouse Strat, Fender USA Standard B-bender Telecaster, Agile AL 3000 w/ WCR pickups, Ibanez MIJ V300 Acoustic, Squier Precision Bass,
    Amps
    Ceriatone Overtone Special, Musicman 212 Sixty-Five, Fender Blues Jr., Peavey Classic 30, Fender Super Reverb, Traynor YCV-40 WR Anniversary w/ matching 1x12 ext. cab, Epiphone SoCal 50w head w/ matching 4x12 cab (Lady Luck speakers), Avatar 2x12 semi-open back cab w/ Celestion speakers
    Pedals
    Digitech Bad Monkey, Digitech Jamman, DVM's ZYS, Goodrich volume pedal

Post Thanks / Like

Thanks, and thanks for the support too, I can tell you it's VERY much appreciated! Jon is desperate to come play in the states, and word of mouth online is the only thing that's likely to make that happen.

Rob

Post Thanks / Like

Very nicely done! I'd imagine he must have to buy stock in machine heads, though
    Axen: Jackson DK2M, Fender Deluxe Nashville Telecaster, Reverend Warhawk 390, Taylor 914ce, ESP LTD Surveyor-414
    Amphen: Jet City JCA22H and JCA12S cab, Carvin X-60 combo, Acoustic B20
    Effecten: "Thesis 96" Overdrive/Boost (aka DVM OD2), Hardwire DL-8 Digital Delay/Looper, DigiTech Polara Reverb, DigiTech EX-7 Expression Factory and CF-7 Chorus Factory, Danelectro CF-1 Cool Cat Fuzz
    "I wish Imagine Dragons would be stuck in an Arcade Fire for an entire Vampire Weekend."--Brian Posehn

Post Thanks / Like

ditto.also been a fan of Jon's for years.keep up the good playing lad.
    Life is like a camera, just focus on what’s important and capture the good times, develop from the negatives and if things don’t work out, just take another shot. ~ Anonymous

Guitars: 1967(year they came out): Fender Coronado II Wildwood I ,Fullerton ST- 4 Fat Strat , Esteban Legacy acous/elec,99 MIA Standard Fender Strat
    Amph's Original Roland Cube 15,Drive 30 w/spring reverb