Thread: Hey old schoolers!

Hybrid View

Post Thanks / Like

Robert, I medaled in my first 5k in my division. We're nearly NAUI certified and have a trip to Grand Turk booked for next feb. Guitar playing together is wonderful and life is good.
    2006 Washburn WD55SW Augusta, 2006 Washburn J28S12DL, Washburn EA20SDL,
    2008 American Standard Fender Telecaster
    2008 Rondo Limited Edition SST, G&L ASAT Semi-Hollow, Gibson LP Ultra

Camrose, Alberta, Canada - used to be Umea Sweden.
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Childbride View Post
    Robert, I medaled in my first 5k in my division. We're nearly NAUI certified and have a trip to Grand Turk booked for next feb. Guitar playing together is wonderful and life is good.
    NAUI = National Association of Underwater Instructors?

Congrats on your 5k! I just ran nationals 10k in Toronto last week, and I was 3rd in my age category. I love running. I find it to be a good combo with playing guitar! Well done, CB.

I have been developing another hobby (read: obsession)... photography! I have to be careful so that I don't run out of hours of the day to do all this stuff...
    The Law of Gravity is nonsense. No such law exists. If I think I float, and you think I float, then it happens.
    Master Guitar Academy - I also teach via SKYPE.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Robert View Post
    NAUI = National Association of Underwater Instructors?
    yes sir, that would be accurate.

if everything works according to plan, we do our check out dives next weekend. [fingers crossed]

and to be honest, i wasn't running... what i do is kinda a combo of speed walking and jogging? running turns my daily issues with sciatica into 'i can't feel my right foot'. which i interpret to be a bad thing... [sigh] but it's more about me doing the things i want to check off my list safely during my life for me than time. i want to accomplish a half marathon, but i need more training first before i do that.

i hear you about finding the time/obsessions. we just need another 12 hours a day and it'd be a cakewalk.

Kat: thank you!
    2006 Washburn WD55SW Augusta, 2006 Washburn J28S12DL, Washburn EA20SDL,
    2008 American Standard Fender Telecaster
    2008 Rondo Limited Edition SST, G&L ASAT Semi-Hollow, Gibson LP Ultra