Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php on line 2958

Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php on line 2958
Hey old schoolers!

Thread: Hey old schoolers!

Post Thanks / Like

Default Hey old schoolers!

Haven't been around in awhile. Looks like a lot of changes. Hope everyone is doing well.
    Guitars and other stringed instruments: Washburn D10S, Washburn EA52SWCE, Washburn Cumberland J28SDL, Washburn D46S12, D'Aquisto Centura, Rover RM-50B Mando

Amps and Cabs: Behringer AT108, Firefly Tube Amph, Blackheart Little Giant BH5H, Shiner's Custom Cab v.1.0

". . . because without beer, things do not seem to go as well . . ." Brother Epp, Capuchin Monastery, Munjor, Kansas 1902

Camrose, Alberta, Canada - used to be Umea Sweden.
    Post Thanks / Like

Hey bro! Great to see you post again!

How you been?
    The Law of Gravity is nonsense. No such law exists. If I think I float, and you think I float, then it happens.
    Master Guitar Academy - I also teach via SKYPE.

Post Thanks / Like

Gettin' old my friend. Trying to keep up with my lovely child bride. Recently got an Epi Riviera and she's sweet! How are you doing?
    Guitars and other stringed instruments: Washburn D10S, Washburn EA52SWCE, Washburn Cumberland J28SDL, Washburn D46S12, D'Aquisto Centura, Rover RM-50B Mando

Amps and Cabs: Behringer AT108, Firefly Tube Amph, Blackheart Little Giant BH5H, Shiner's Custom Cab v.1.0

". . . because without beer, things do not seem to go as well . . ." Brother Epp, Capuchin Monastery, Munjor, Kansas 1902

Post Thanks / Like

Gettin old too... been running races hard this summer and it's been fun.

I have had a few gigs with my friend Myra and the rest of the band. I just quit another band - a rock band we've been trying to make fly, but bass players keep on quitting. I grew tired of getting nowhere.

Haven't played too much acoustic this year, but I got a nice Norman acoustic that I'd like to record some stuff with this winter.
    The Law of Gravity is nonsense. No such law exists. If I think I float, and you think I float, then it happens.

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

Hey Shiner! Great to hear from you! I bet it is hard to keep up with CB. Hope you didn't bring tractor guy with you!
    Steve Thompson
    Sun Valley, Idaho

Guitars: Fender 60th Anniversary Std. Strat, Squier CVC Tele Hagstrom Viking Semi-hollow, Joshua beach guitar, Martin SPD-16TR Dreadnought
    Amphs: Peavey Classic 30, '61 Fender Concert
    Effects and such: Boss: DS-1, CE-5, NS-2 and RC20XL looper, Digitech Bad Monkey, Korg AX1G Multi-effects, Berhinger: TU100 tuner, PB100 Clean Boost, Line 6 Toneport UX2, Electro Harmonix Little Big Muff Pi, DuhVoodooMan's Rabid Rodent Rat Clone, Zonkin Yellow Screamer Mk. II, MXR Carbon Copy Delay

love is the answer, at least for most of the questions in my heart. . .
    - j. johnson

Post Thanks / Like

Robert, I medaled in my first 5k in my division. We're nearly NAUI certified and have a trip to Grand Turk booked for next feb. Guitar playing together is wonderful and life is good.
    2006 Washburn WD55SW Augusta, 2006 Washburn J28S12DL, Washburn EA20SDL,
    2008 American Standard Fender Telecaster
    2008 Rondo Limited Edition SST, G&L ASAT Semi-Hollow, Gibson LP Ultra

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Childbride View Post
    Robert, I medaled in my first 5k in my division. We're nearly NAUI certified and have a trip to Grand Turk booked for next feb. Guitar playing together is wonderful and life is good.
    NAUI = National Association of Underwater Instructors?

Congrats on your 5k! I just ran nationals 10k in Toronto last week, and I was 3rd in my age category. I love running. I find it to be a good combo with playing guitar! Well done, CB.

I have been developing another hobby (read: obsession)... photography! I have to be careful so that I don't run out of hours of the day to do all this stuff...

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

Steve Thompson
    Sun Valley, Idaho

Guitars: Fender 60th Anniversary Std. Strat, Squier CVC Tele Hagstrom Viking Semi-hollow, Joshua beach guitar, Martin SPD-16TR Dreadnought
    Amphs: Peavey Classic 30, '61 Fender Concert
    Effects and such: Boss: DS-1, CE-5, NS-2 and RC20XL looper, Digitech Bad Monkey, Korg AX1G Multi-effects, Berhinger: TU100 tuner, PB100 Clean Boost, Line 6 Toneport UX2, Electro Harmonix Little Big Muff Pi, DuhVoodooMan's Rabid Rodent Rat Clone, Zonkin Yellow Screamer Mk. II, MXR Carbon Copy Delay

love is the answer, at least for most of the questions in my heart. . .
    - j. johnson

Post Thanks / Like

It's good to see you both posting here! I gotta see some more pics of that Epi.

CB, way to go! That's quite an accomplishment. Congrats!
    Guitars:
    Fender 2006 MIM Fender Stratocaster HSS in 3TS
    Ibanez RG 570 with a bridge Invader
    ESP M II Deluxe with a Tune-o-Matic bridge
    Eleanor, the magical, mystical Road Worn wonder Tele
    Blackstar HT Club 40

Post Thanks / Like

Hey Shiner, I was wondering whether you were ever coming back or not. Welcome back!
    -Sean
    Guitars: Lots.
    Amphs: More than last year.
    Pedals: Many, although I go straight from guitar to amp more often lately.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Robert View Post
    NAUI = National Association of Underwater Instructors?
    yes sir, that would be accurate.

if everything works according to plan, we do our check out dives next weekend. [fingers crossed]

and to be honest, i wasn't running... what i do is kinda a combo of speed walking and jogging? running turns my daily issues with sciatica into 'i can't feel my right foot'. which i interpret to be a bad thing... [sigh] but it's more about me doing the things i want to check off my list safely during my life for me than time. i want to accomplish a half marathon, but i need more training first before i do that.

i hear you about finding the time/obsessions. we just need another 12 hours a day and it'd be a cakewalk.

Kat: thank you!

Post Thanks / Like

Shiner's in the hizzouse! Good to see you (well, figuratively anyway)! Got me a new bass whilst you were gone which you can read all about in the bass section, appropriately enough. I know you hang on my every gear purchase.

Congrats on the race, CB! Unfortunately, I've kind of fallen off my running. Hopefully this week I can get back to it again.
    Axen: Jackson DK2M, Fender Deluxe Nashville Telecaster, Reverend Warhawk 390, Taylor 914ce, ESP LTD Surveyor-414
    Amphen: Jet City JCA22H and JCA12S cab, Carvin X-60 combo, Acoustic B20
    Effecten: "Thesis 96" Overdrive/Boost (aka DVM OD2), Hardwire DL-8 Digital Delay/Looper, DigiTech Polara Reverb, DigiTech EX-7 Expression Factory and CF-7 Chorus Factory, Danelectro CF-1 Cool Cat Fuzz
    "I wish Imagine Dragons would be stuck in an Arcade Fire for an entire Vampire Weekend."--Brian Posehn

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

Cool! I always wanted to be an Old Schooner!

Good to see you two back. Hope all is well in Waco.

Post Thanks / Like

Glad to see you kids checking in. See, ever since you both gave up cigarettes, now you have money to do cool stuff like Scuba diving. lol How's Maggie, your dog, doing? Does she get to Scuba too? If yes, you have to post pics of her.

Post Thanks / Like

Tig, schooners it is.

Pie, mags has had a staph infection for three months. She's trying to kill me by exhaustion. Every 4 am, 5 am, 6 am... She wakes me up scratching. She's killing me. But my playing marches forward.

Edit: Pie, the scuba cost the two of us less than 120 + a pool fee. [the vet bills... totally different matter.] Marnold, very sweet looking bass.

Post Thanks / Like

Cheers
    David
    Gearlist:
    Electric: Ibanez 'AS103', Fender Dlx Nash Pwr Tele, Fender Squier '62 JV Strat, Squier '51, Squier 60's Classic Vibe Strat, Epi Elite LP Studio, Hagstrom Swede Acoustic: Larrivee LV-03RE, A&L AMI, Yamaha FG340-T Bass: Yamaha BB 450 Amps: Roland JC-120, JC-50, Peavey Classic 30, Fender Super Champ XD Pedals: Marshall Guv'nor Plus, Danelectro Cool Cat Drive, Transparent Overdrive, Digitech Digiverb, Bad Monkey, Ibanez TS-9, Boss AC-2, CE-5, CS-2, DD-3, DF-2, DS-1, FV-100, GE-7, OC-2, PSM-5, SD-1, TU-2, DVM~BYOC 'Lush Puppy' Chorus

Post Thanks / Like

Thumbs up

Glad to see y'all back Shiner and CB! Congrats on the running and really glad to hear about not smoking. While you were gone my WMMW found a lump on my neck that I was told was probably "just a cyst," since I've been a non-smoker for decades (and was only an occasional "social" smoker at worst for a very brief period back in the early '80's). Despite a clear needle biopsy, it turned out to be throat (tonsil) cancer. So they yanked all that (tonsil and 20 lymph nodes) out, and I did chemo and radiation for awhile. Am fine now (with the exception of ongoing side effects of the treatment rather than the cancer), back "singing" and playing in my bands. In fact, I'm about 50 pounds lighter (yay!).

Don't be strangers!

Post Thanks / Like

Thanks y'all. Marnold, I've been looking for a bass to get my son-in-law for Christmas. Yes, my baby girl married a bass player. Could've been worse. He could've been a drummer.

Scary stuff Brian. Glad you have a good doctor and clean bill of health my friend!