Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php on line 2958

Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php on line 2958

Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php on line 2968
Fender Eric Clapton Series Amplifiers
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Fender Eric Clapton Series Amplifiers

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

Default Fender Eric Clapton Series Amplifiers

This was unexpected news. I don't remember any Fender signature amps. I bet they'll co$t!

http://www.fender.com/products/clapton

www.youtube.com/watch?v=wGbxaXk9DG8

In a historic collaboration, Fender introduces its first artist signature amplifiers—EC Series amps bearing the name of legendary guitarist Eric Clapton. Built to the exacting specifications of Clapton himself, the three amps—the EC Twinolux™, EC Tremolux™ and EC Vibro-Champ®—are fascinating variations on their original '50s-era ancestors (the '57 Twin™, '57 Deluxe™ and '57 Champ®, respectively), and are our answer to his call for special models with distinctive features.

Handmade in the United States, all three amp models feature '50s—era output tube bias tremolo (which produces a more throbbing pulse than later Fender tremolo circuits) and a switchable power attenuator (reduces speaker output), in addition to other premium features. In a historic career now in its sixth decade, Eric Clapton has long been known as one of the world's foremost exponents of classic Fender tweed amp tone, and the three new amps bearing his imprint present the pinnacle of personally inspired amp tone for stage and studio alike. Each is a must for Clapton fans and guitarists who want the ultimate in tweed tube amp performance.

Camrose, Alberta, Canada - used to be Umea Sweden.
    Post Thanks / Like

Buddy playing Twinolux

The Law of Gravity is nonsense. No such law exists. If I think I float, and you think I float, then it happens.
    Master Guitar Academy - I also teach via SKYPE.

Post Thanks / Like

Sounds and looks fantastic. Buddy's tone hasn't sounded that good in years.

I'll bet the cost is more that the GDP of several small developing nations, though.
    Guitars:
    Fender 2006 MIM Fender Stratocaster HSS in 3TS
    Ibanez RG 570 with a bridge Invader
    ESP M II Deluxe with a Tune-o-Matic bridge
    Eleanor, the magical, mystical Road Worn wonder Tele
    Blackstar HT Club 40

Post Thanks / Like

I could listen to Buddy Guy play all day! Clapton too. But the amp doesn't sound like Eric Clapton. It sounds like any other well made amp on the market. Buddy Guy and Eric Clapton could sound good through anything including a cheap $100 tube combo and leave everybody saying "How did he get that tone?". Sorry but I just can't stand signature pieces of anything. They developed a style and tone that best suited them and their abilities. Every other musician should strive to do the same.

...and Cebreez steps down from the soapbox.

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

I love the fender tweed look, and generally, the tweed sound. I am not sure I feel the need to have a signature on it though.
    Steve Thompson
    Sun Valley, Idaho

Guitars: Fender 60th Anniversary Std. Strat, Squier CVC Tele Hagstrom Viking Semi-hollow, Joshua beach guitar, Martin SPD-16TR Dreadnought
    Amphs: Peavey Classic 30, '61 Fender Concert
    Effects and such: Boss: DS-1, CE-5, NS-2 and RC20XL looper, Digitech Bad Monkey, Korg AX1G Multi-effects, Berhinger: TU100 tuner, PB100 Clean Boost, Line 6 Toneport UX2, Electro Harmonix Little Big Muff Pi, DuhVoodooMan's Rabid Rodent Rat Clone, Zonkin Yellow Screamer Mk. II, MXR Carbon Copy Delay

love is the answer, at least for most of the questions in my heart. . .
    - j. johnson

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

MSRP for the Tremolux is $2800
    MSRP Twinolux is $4200!
    That makes the $1400 MSRP Vibro-Champ a bargain, kinda'. I'd guess about $1000-$1100 street.

Post Thanks / Like

Well I'm gonna pass on those amphs!
    The Law of Gravity is nonsense. No such law exists. If I think I float, and you think I float, then it happens.

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

I might pass something on those amphs too...
    Dee

"When life's a biatch, be a horny dog"

Amps: Marshall JVM 410H w/ Plexi Cap mod, Choke Mod & Negative Feedback Removal mod, 4x12", Behringer GMX110, Amplitube 3/StealthPedal

Half a dozen custom built/bastardized guitars all with EMG's, mostly 85's, Ibanez Artwood acoustic & Yamaha SGR bass, Epiphone Prophecy SG, Vox Wah, Pitchblack tuner plus assorted pedals, rack gear etc. for home studio use.

Post Thanks / Like

Nice amps, but priced w-a-a-a-y-y too high for what they are. Targeted at the corksniffers and status seekers....
    DVM's Ever-Expanding Gear List:

Guitars - W-A-A-A-Y-Y too many to list. Check 'em all out HERE

Amps & Cabs - "Kap'n Kerrang-aroo" BYOC 18W TMB kit amp head; Mojave Coyote head; Fender Hot Rod Deluxe Lacquered Tweed Ltd. Ed.; Allen Sweet Spot kit amp; BYOC Tweed Royal kit amp; Epiphone Valve Jr. combo + mods; Drive 2x12 cab / Celestion G12M Greenback + G12H30; AB Custom Audio 1x12 cab / Celestion Alnico Blue

Pedals/Effects - ZILLIONS, including DVM's Home-built Pedals - See some HERE and HERE, TOO!

DVM's Gear Photos
    Visit MY WEBSITE!

Post Thanks / Like

Found this clip of Buddy with Mayer. Not sure what amp he used there, but it sounds good to me.

Compare and see which think sounds better!

Post Thanks / Like

The tweed is a Fender Vintage Reissue '59 Bassman LTD which seems to be his preferred amp. Seen it onstage with him several times. Cant tell if the other is maybe a Twin Reverb? Looks tall for a twin though. Doesn't matter Buddy and John both sound phenomenal.

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

I have to say, I really don't much care for how either sounds. Just don't dig that kind of sound so much. Or the music. I could play that kind of stuff ad nauseam, but I wouldn't listen to it much. Just too simple stuff like most blues is...not much to enjoy soundwise, I personally know a few dozen players who can play with much more skill and feel, hell, I think some guys on this very forum could do better or at least just as well as these guys, and nothing interesting songwise either....just not my cup of tea, really.
    Dee

Amps: Marshall JVM 410H w/ Plexi Cap mod, Choke Mod & Negative Feedback Removal mod, 4x12", Behringer GMX110, Amplitube 3/StealthPedal

Half a dozen custom built/bastardized guitars all with EMG's, mostly 85's, Ibanez Artwood acoustic & Yamaha SGR bass, Epiphone Prophecy SG, Vox Wah, Pitchblack tuner plus assorted pedals, rack gear etc. for home studio use.

Post Thanks / Like

The amps sound like typical Fender amps, so no big deal as far as I'm concerned. In the marketing world, where a new iPhone comes out seemingly every couple of weeks, guitar companies do pretty much the same thing. Repackaging the same ol' and calling it "NEW". But it'll increase sales - that's how it's done nowadays. The old adage about "building a better mousetrap" no longer applies; now it's "build a better package/ad campaign/hype". I kinda miss the old days, when musical gear was for musicians, not mass consumers.

And I agree with Dee about the monotony of most "blues", and that Buddy Guy is no big deall in any case.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Bookkeeper's Son View Post
    I kinda miss the old days, when musical gear was for musicians, not mass consumers.
    I get your point, but I have to admit to myself that if that was the case, I probably wouldn't be playing the guitar. I'm sure I'd be all right and everything, but overall it's been a positive experience for me, so I can't hate on the market too much.
    Quote Originally Posted by Spudman
    Does anyone read the original post?
    Guitars: Gibson LP Studio, MIA Fender Precision, Carvin C350
    Amps: Genz Benz Shuttle 6.0 + Avatar B212 / Genzler 12-3, Acoustic B20
    Pedals: Pod HD500X, Diamond Compressor, Tech 21 VT Bass, Sonic Research Turbo Tuner

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Bookkeeper's Son View Post
    The amps sound like typical Fender amps, so no big deal as far as I'm concerned. In the marketing world, where a new iPhone comes out seemingly every couple of weeks, guitar companies do pretty much the same thing. Repackaging the same ol' and calling it "NEW". But it'll increase sales - that's how it's done nowadays. The old adage about "building a better mousetrap" no longer applies; now it's "build a better package/ad campaign/hype". I kinda miss the old days, when musical gear was for musicians, not mass consumers.

And I agree with Dee about the monotony of most "blues", and that Buddy Guy is no big deall in any case.
    While I won't defend Fender or these amps, you'll find that these are not just re-badged amps. They put in quite a bit of time trying to copy the modded by Suhr amps that Clapton has been touring with for years.

As for bashing blues and Buddy Guy, you are entitled to your opinion. We all have different tastes. I do however get annoyed when people present their opinions as fact, like AM conservative radio talk show hosts.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Tig View Post
    like AM conservative radio talk show hosts.
    You mean like all radio talk show hosts, right?

...or maybe that's just how it is around here...
    Pedals: Pod HD500X, Diamond Compressor, Tech 21 VT Bass, Sonic Research Turbo Tuner

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Eric View Post
    You mean like all radio talk show hosts, right?

...or maybe that's just how it is around here...
    I stand corrected! I was just going for the easy example out of laziness.

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

Yep, that's annoying indeed. I don't see how can someone say things like 'that baseball player really sucks' or 'that guitar player really sucks' etc...well if the said player plays in some major league team and the guitarist has sold a million albums, well they must be doing something right.

In music it's not always so obvious, I'd be tempted to say there are indeed some out there with loads of success with quite mediocre skills at best, and I might say also that in MY opinion some player sucks, but for sports that's really just plain stupid - if a major league player sucks, then it can be deduced that most any players in lower tier teams suck way more, and definitely just some sports fan/radio host claiming that would suck infinitely more himself....because you just don't get forward in sports unless you have constantly a good record of performance.

Everybody sucks at some point, too. I suck a lot of the time, sometimes I might be able to pull of a nice performance too, but I definitely have sucked and will suck at times to come now and then, especially when trying to pull off something that goes beyond my capabilities. Same goes for everyone, it's no point really ever saying that someone sucks, period. It's for teenagers. I also get a twinge sometimes when people throw the word hate around, I hate this and I hate that, sometimes with surprising gusto...it just feels odd to me. OK I 'hate' it when I get my shoelaces tangled etc. but I can't say I hate somebody and mean it, if I hated someone it'd mean he'd done something like assault my children and I'd be going for his guts already...I just don't feel right about using the word hate too lightly, especially about people. This post sucks bad too, I just woke up and maybe am not making sense.

Just the other day I watched a RHCP video on Tube, and boy Frusciante pulled a sucky, clumsy solo...but I don't think he sucks as a guitarist by any means, despite sometimes stumbling bad on a lead -he's just not a guitar hero lead player, that's all.

We're mammals, so everybody has sucked a lot at some point and likely will do so many times over in their lives. No biggie.
    Dee

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by deeaa View Post
    Yep, that's annoying indeed. I don't see how can someone say things like 'that baseball player really sucks' or 'that guitar player really sucks' etc...well if the said player plays in some major league team and the guitarist has sold a million albums, well they must be doing something right.

In music it's not always so obvious, I'd be tempted to say there are indeed some out there with loads of success with quite mediocre skills at best, and I might say also that in MY opinion some player sucks, but for sports that's really just plain stupid - if a major league player sucks, then it can be deduced that most any players in lower tier teams suck way more, and definitely just some sports fan/radio host claiming that would suck infinitely more himself....because you just don't get forward in sports unless you have constantly a good record of performance.

Everybody sucks at some point, too. I suck a lot of the time, sometimes I might be able to pull of a nice performance too, but I definitely have sucked and will suck at times to come now and then, especially when trying to pull off something that goes beyond my capabilities. Same goes for everyone, it's no point really ever saying that someone sucks, period. It's for teenagers. I also get a twinge sometimes when people throw the word hate around, I hate this and I hate that, sometimes with surprising gusto...it just feels odd to me. OK I 'hate' it when I get my shoelaces tangled etc. but I can't say I hate somebody and mean it, if I hated someone it'd mean he'd done something like assault my children and I'd be going for his guts already...I just don't feel right about using the word hate too lightly, especially about people. This post sucks bad too, I just woke up and maybe am not making sense.

Just the other day I watched a RHCP video on Tube, and boy Frusciante pulled a sucky, clumsy solo...but I don't think he sucks as a guitarist by any means, despite sometimes stumbling bad on a lead -he's just not a guitar hero lead player, that's all.

We're mammals, so everybody has sucked a lot at some point and likely will do so many times over in their lives. No biggie.
    That's a lot of sucking, Dee!

I agree that a lot of stuff is subjective, but often we get so conditioned to never saying anything negative about anyone that we seem to lose the sense of objectivity along with it. Kind of reminds me that Ellsworth Toohey quote from The Fountainhead about conditioning people to accept crap, thereby breaking the curve of subjective quality.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast