Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php on line 2958
Would you go here for breakfast?

Thread: Would you go here for breakfast?

Camrose, Alberta, Canada - used to be Umea Sweden.
    Post Thanks / Like

Default Would you go here for breakfast?

Not sure I'd want to break my fast here...

This is downtown Toronto. Effect added in camera (art filter in my Olympus E-620).

The Law of Gravity is nonsense. No such law exists. If I think I float, and you think I float, then it happens.
    Master Guitar Academy - I also teach via SKYPE.

Post Thanks / Like

Before I saw the whole picture, I was thinking "of course -- what's Robert so hesitant about?" But now that I see it....yeah not so sure.

Cool picture though. What's the effect you added in? I don't know anything about photography, so I'm not sure what's different about the photo.
    Quote Originally Posted by Spudman
    Does anyone read the original post?
    Guitars: Gibson LP Studio, MIA Fender Precision, Carvin C350
    Amps: Genz Benz Shuttle 6.0 + Avatar B212 / Genzler 12-3, Acoustic B20
    Pedals: Pod HD500X, Diamond Compressor, Tech 21 VT Bass, Sonic Research Turbo Tuner

Post Thanks / Like

Well...doesn't look like anyone could walk by and shoot you through the windows. That's a good thing.

"No Tele For you." - The Tele Nazi

Ha! Tele-ish now inbound.

Post Thanks / Like

Looks like a likely place to run into Rick Mercer.

That'd be pretty cool.

Post Thanks / Like

I've been to far dodgier places in my travels so the answer is YES I would.

Photo filter. H'mm I'm guessing desturate, sharpen, add contrast to taste?

Camrose, Alberta, Canada - used to be Umea Sweden.
    Post Thanks / Like

Yeah, it is a quick way to add some grunge to photos. It makes it black and white, sharpens and boost contrast. It also add a bit of grain/noise for that "grungy" effect. Kinda cool sometimes! Neat to have it available in the camera. It's a quick to turn it on and off, so I sometimes turn it on when I see something that I think it might work on. Like the one above.
    The Law of Gravity is nonsense. No such law exists. If I think I float, and you think I float, then it happens.
    Master Guitar Academy - I also teach via SKYPE.

Post Thanks / Like

Cool effect... and I'd have to say 'Yes', I would likely eat here. The Pic is cool because it reminds of something from the Blue's Brothers Chicago Vibe, but T.O. is far from that. Business for the most part is good in this City, and violent crime is not what most might expect it to be.
    Gearlist:
    Electric: Ibanez 'AS103', Fender Dlx Nash Pwr Tele, Fender Squier '62 JV Strat, Squier '51, Squier 60's Classic Vibe Strat, Epi Elite LP Studio, Hagstrom Swede Acoustic: Larrivee LV-03RE, A&L AMI, Yamaha FG340-T Bass: Yamaha BB 450 Amps: Roland JC-120, JC-50, Peavey Classic 30, Fender Super Champ XD Pedals: Marshall Guv'nor Plus, Danelectro Cool Cat Drive, Transparent Overdrive, Digitech Digiverb, Bad Monkey, Ibanez TS-9, Boss AC-2, CE-5, CS-2, DD-3, DF-2, DS-1, FV-100, GE-7, OC-2, PSM-5, SD-1, TU-2, DVM~BYOC 'Lush Puppy' Chorus

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Robert View Post
    Yeah, it is a quick way to add some grunge to photos. It makes it black and white, sharpens and boost contrast. It also add a bit of grain/noise for that "grungy" effect. Kinda cool sometimes! Neat to have it available in the camera. It's a quick to turn it on and off, so I sometimes turn it on when I see something that I think it might work on. Like the one above.
    Dang, I got a 3 out of 4 then. I missed adding Gaussian noise assuming the camera maybe just went high ISO instead for noise.

Cool pic though and I love the effect.