Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php on line 2958
Steve Jobs has died
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Steve Jobs has died

Post Thanks / Like

Default Steve Jobs has died

It being reported that Steve Jobs lost his battle with pancreatic cancer, only 56.

RIP
    Dave
    Guitars: Ibanez AF-75, Schecter Solo-6 Custom, Douglas SG
    Amps: Fender Princeton 65, Marshall AVT50
    Pedals: Metal Muff, MXR Smart Gate, EHX Cathedral Reverb, Digitech RP-255

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

I just saw this as I logged on, with Apple being my home page. It saddens me very much. Rest in peace.
    Steve Thompson
    Sun Valley, Idaho

Guitars: Fender 60th Anniversary Std. Strat, Squier CVC Tele Hagstrom Viking Semi-hollow, Joshua beach guitar, Martin SPD-16TR Dreadnought
    Amphs: Peavey Classic 30, '61 Fender Concert
    Effects and such: Boss: DS-1, CE-5, NS-2 and RC20XL looper, Digitech Bad Monkey, Korg AX1G Multi-effects, Berhinger: TU100 tuner, PB100 Clean Boost, Line 6 Toneport UX2, Electro Harmonix Little Big Muff Pi, DuhVoodooMan's Rabid Rodent Rat Clone, Zonkin Yellow Screamer Mk. II, MXR Carbon Copy Delay

love is the answer, at least for most of the questions in my heart. . .
    - j. johnson

Camrose, Alberta, Canada - used to be Umea Sweden.
    Post Thanks / Like

Very sad news. He did amazing things.
    The Law of Gravity is nonsense. No such law exists. If I think I float, and you think I float, then it happens.
    Master Guitar Academy - I also teach via SKYPE.

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

Sad.
    It makes since after seeing his weakened physical body lately. Pancreatic cancer is usually detected late and is very hard to survive.

Post Thanks / Like

Yeah, I heard that news too. It's always sad when someone dies 'before their time,' whatever that means.
    Quote Originally Posted by Spudman
    Does anyone read the original post?
    Guitars: Gibson LP Studio, MIA Fender Precision, Carvin C350
    Amps: Genz Benz Shuttle 6.0 + Avatar B212 / Genzler 12-3, Acoustic B20
    Pedals: Pod HD500X, Diamond Compressor, Tech 21 VT Bass, Sonic Research Turbo Tuner

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

Steve Thompson
    Sun Valley, Idaho

Guitars: Fender 60th Anniversary Std. Strat, Squier CVC Tele Hagstrom Viking Semi-hollow, Joshua beach guitar, Martin SPD-16TR Dreadnought
    Amphs: Peavey Classic 30, '61 Fender Concert
    Effects and such: Boss: DS-1, CE-5, NS-2 and RC20XL looper, Digitech Bad Monkey, Korg AX1G Multi-effects, Berhinger: TU100 tuner, PB100 Clean Boost, Line 6 Toneport UX2, Electro Harmonix Little Big Muff Pi, DuhVoodooMan's Rabid Rodent Rat Clone, Zonkin Yellow Screamer Mk. II, MXR Carbon Copy Delay

love is the answer, at least for most of the questions in my heart. . .
    - j. johnson

Post Thanks / Like

It's a sad day to be sure. I've had a Mac on my desk for all but two of the past 25 years, and that made my job easier and more enjoyable.

Guitars: Takamine F-349, PRS Mira
    Pedals: Line 6 M13 Stompbox Modeler, Boss TU-2 Tuner
    Amp: VOX Valvetronix AD30VT, Ultrasound AG-50DS4

Post Thanks / Like

Sad to read of the loss of a titan in the computer world. RIP
    Guitars:
    Fender 2006 MIM Fender Stratocaster HSS in 3TS
    Ibanez RG 570 with a bridge Invader
    ESP M II Deluxe with a Tune-o-Matic bridge
    Eleanor, the magical, mystical Road Worn wonder Tele
    Blackstar HT Club 40

Post Thanks / Like

Hate to say this but i wonder if Steve designed his own "Death Page" on the apple website? Typical Apple---- black and white picture with the words Steve Jobs 1955-2011

Post Thanks / Like

Stanford commencement, 2005

I do like the bit about adoption, as spouse is in that branch of social services (public, not the private sector cottage industry greedy bastards).
    Last edited by poodlesrule; October 6th, 2011 at 07:12 AM. Reason: clarify
    Less golf, more saxophone

Post Thanks / Like

Very sad to learn of Jobs' passing. Fifty-six is far too young for anyone to leave this life.

I've been a loyal Apple consumer since my first Apple IIC when I was a teenager.

The world is a better place for having had Steve Jobs in it.
    "I happen to have perfect situational awareness, Lana. Which cannot be taught, by the way. Like a poet's ... mind for ... to make the perfect words." - Sterling Archer

Post Thanks / Like

I'm not exactly a huge fan of Apple, although I cut my teeth in the industry on an Apple II and I currently rock an iPhone. That said, I have to hand it to Jobs - he took a mystical, geeky hobby and turned it into an appliance/necessity for the masses. He made computers COOL. The man was ousted from a company he co-founded and came back when it was down for the count and turned it around to become the second most successful/profitable company in the world today. The guy wasn't just a visionary, he was a goddamn genius. The most successful and relevant CEO of the last 50 years. You'll never see his likeness again. The saddest thing to me is that he died so young and could have accomplished so much more - if that is even possible considering what he already achieved.

How fitting that I learned of his passing on a device that he created.

R.I.P. Steve Jobs.
    Soundcloud - Lights on Project

-Pete

Post Thanks / Like

RIP Steve Jobs

My only apple product is an iPod, but I recognize that the world has lost a true genius, a technological innovator and one of the greatest world influences of our time.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by stingx View Post
    How fitting that I learned of his passing on a device that he created.
    +1

Same here.

Quote Originally Posted by Glacies View Post
    My only apple product is an iPod...
    I'm not sure any device has been as important to me personally than the iPod.

I've always been a person who has tried to utilize any personal portable music device pretty much since they existed. Whether Walkman or portable CD player I always came up against the same issue, there was only so much of the library I could reasonably take with me. The only other option was to listen to radio over which I had no control of the playlist.

The iPod was the thing I'd always dreamt existed, a way to take a reasonably large portion of my library with me wherever I went. I've had one since the beginning and have upgraded several times. I currently have two that I use regularly that are loaded for different purposes and changed often. I refer to them as my life support system.

The way the iPod has allowed me to listen to music in many different situations has had a tremendous influence on the way I play music and for that I can never be grateful enough to Steve Jobs.
    "I happen to have perfect situational awareness, Lana. Which cannot be taught, by the way. Like a poet's ... mind for ... to make the perfect words." - Sterling Archer

Post Thanks / Like

I've never been a user of Apple products, but Jobs impact on computing is undeniable. He's one of the true visionaries. As a matter of fact, if I owned Apple stock, I'd consider dumping it now. Apple was almost dead before Jobs came back. I don't know that they have anyone with the "vision thing."
    Axen: Jackson DK2M, Fender Deluxe Nashville Telecaster, Reverend Warhawk 390, Taylor 914ce, ESP LTD Surveyor-414
    Amphen: Jet City JCA22H and JCA12S cab, Carvin X-60 combo, Acoustic B20
    Effecten: "Thesis 96" Overdrive/Boost (aka DVM OD2), Hardwire DL-8 Digital Delay/Looper, DigiTech Polara Reverb, DigiTech EX-7 Expression Factory and CF-7 Chorus Factory, Danelectro CF-1 Cool Cat Fuzz
    "I wish Imagine Dragons would be stuck in an Arcade Fire for an entire Vampire Weekend."--Brian Posehn

Post Thanks / Like

Steve Wozniak talks about his old friend here: http://www.washingtonpost.com/nation...vPL_video.html

Post Thanks / Like

I saw that earlier. He looks very broken up. Feel badly for his loss.
    Soundcloud - Lights on Project

-Pete

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by marnold View Post
    I don't know that they have anyone with the "vision thing."
    It's going to be interesting to sit back and watch what happens with Apple. I'll never buy anything from them unless they drastically change their policies, so I don't really care if they sink back to the pack or not, but it should be reasonably entertaining.

I kind of liken that transcending-the-industry thing to Sony back in the 90s (or whenever it was), when the brand was its own status symbol. Now they're just another company, which seems to be the fate for a lot of those zeitgeist sort of companies.
    Quote Originally Posted by Spudman
    Does anyone read the original post?
    Guitars: Gibson LP Studio, MIA Fender Precision, Carvin C350
    Amps: Genz Benz Shuttle 6.0 + Avatar B212 / Genzler 12-3, Acoustic B20
    Pedals: Pod HD500X, Diamond Compressor, Tech 21 VT Bass, Sonic Research Turbo Tuner

Post Thanks / Like

LIVE AND LET ROCK!!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast