Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php on line 2958

Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php on line 2958

Bend, Oregon

Thread: Bend, Oregon

Post Thanks / Like

Default Bend, Oregon

I'm heading down to Bend, Oregon over this long (Canadian Thanksgiving) weekend. Has anyone else been there? Looks awesome!

Post Thanks / Like

I haven't spent much time in Bend proper, but I have seen many of the sights in the Cascades near and around Bend. It's a beautiful area. I can recommend a couple of things to see, if you get the chance.

- Smith Rock

- The lava fields at Paulina Lake

- The Crooked River Gorge

- Sisters (the town and the mountains)

- North of Bend, beautiful views of the Cascades, especially Mount Hood

...just to name a few.

Post Thanks / Like

I was just there last August.

Deschutes Brewery and Bend Brewing are must-do's.

The mountain biking there is phenomenal.

Post Thanks / Like

Thanks Bookkeeper's Son and NWBasser. Deschutes Brewery was already on the list! I'll go there an extra time for both of you.

Camrose, Alberta, Canada - used to be Umea Sweden.
    Post Thanks / Like

I think we have a member from there. Yeah, Sumitomo!

Here is his most recent post - http://www.thefret.net/showthread.ph...033#post214033

Maybe you'll see him!
    The Law of Gravity is nonsense. No such law exists. If I think I float, and you think I float, then it happens.
    Master Guitar Academy - I also teach via SKYPE.

Post Thanks / Like

Catered a wedding there last June. Perfect weather and a great place to visit. It seems it is one of the few cities that I've been to where the majority of the population isn't grossly overweight. It's a very active community it seems. They were having a bicycle race and tour while we were there.

The wedding was for the son of the couple that owned this property. They are now going to start having events there since they bought a tent and poured a cement slab for it to have their son's wedding. In case you haven't guessed, there is plenty of affluence in Bend.

One our crew relaxing

"No Tele For you." - The Tele Nazi

Ha! Tele-ish now inbound.

Post Thanks / Like

Thanks, Robert. For some reason I thought Sumi was from Ashland/Medford.

Thanks for the photos, Spudman. Looks awesome!!

Post Thanks / Like

Breedlove guitars are made in Bend. It's on my short list of places I need to see around here. If I didn't have so much crap to do here, I'd drive over and meet you, Don!
    -Sean
    Guitars: Lots.
    Amphs: More than last year.
    Pedals: Many, although I go straight from guitar to amp more often lately.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by FrankenFretter View Post
    Breedlove guitars are made in Bend. It's on my short list of places I need to see around here. If I didn't have so much crap to do here, I'd drive over and meet you, Don!
    Yeah, Breedlove makes some awesome guitars. Mrs. bcdon contacted them about a tour but they no longer do that but you can arrange to see their showroom. I'd love to see their showroom but I'm going to skip it so I don't buy a new guitar. We'll meetup on another occasion, I love Oregon and will be back in a few months.

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

Bend is really nice. Great mountain biking if you are into that this time of year. Deschutes brewhouse would be my stop I would want to hit. And looking up Sumi. You can mountain bike some great rides from this place in the pic, and there can also hike to the top of these falls (Tumalo falls, right near Bend). This was three years ago as of a weekend or two from now. A side trip to some of the volcanic areas where you can check out the lava and geology is good too (there is one south of town I seem to remember), and/or a side trip to the quaint, if a bit touristy, but beautiful town of Sisters could be fun.

Steve Thompson
    Sun Valley, Idaho

Guitars: Fender 60th Anniversary Std. Strat, Squier CVC Tele Hagstrom Viking Semi-hollow, Joshua beach guitar, Martin SPD-16TR Dreadnought
    Amphs: Peavey Classic 30, '61 Fender Concert
    Effects and such: Boss: DS-1, CE-5, NS-2 and RC20XL looper, Digitech Bad Monkey, Korg AX1G Multi-effects, Berhinger: TU100 tuner, PB100 Clean Boost, Line 6 Toneport UX2, Electro Harmonix Little Big Muff Pi, DuhVoodooMan's Rabid Rodent Rat Clone, Zonkin Yellow Screamer Mk. II, MXR Carbon Copy Delay

love is the answer, at least for most of the questions in my heart. . .
    - j. johnson

Post Thanks / Like

Thanks, Steve. I emailed Sumi and we're going to try and meetup. Now if only this day will get over so I can hop in the car and head on out.

Post Thanks / Like

I had a nice lunch yesterday thanks to bcdon.It was nice meeting Don,I enjoyed talking with him.I just moved my business so I don't have to work so much and I never hardly ever stopped to eat lunch so this lunch stuff is new and exciting to me.The wife and I are planning a cool vacation next year,think we'll go into Glacier park shoot over to Rexford to visit a high school friend of mine go visit Don over in BC then shoot down through Idaho and maybe meet Sun and Spud,as I have some family in Idaho also,then time permitting shoot into Portland to maybe meet the Franken.Sounds like fun.Again thanks for lunch Don it was nice to meet you and well I'll see ya again this time in your back yard.Sumi (Man I need a new computer this baby is slow)
    Guitars,Warmoth Tele,90's Fender Strat Plus/Fender CV 50's Tele/Parker p-36/Fretlight/Custom Strat(Fender body/warmoth Clapton neck,tonerider pups)Larrivee L03 mahogany acoustic

Amphs/66 Super Reverb/60's Bandmaster head and 2/12 cab/Blues jr//epi valve jr/supro super/ ZT lunchbox/Mahaffay Little Laneilei 3350/Pignose g40v

Pedals/Voods Rodent/MXR carbon copy/Duncan Pickup booster/Ts9/Rat/ts10/Line 6 tone port uk2
    Line 6 M13

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by sumitomo View Post
    I had a nice lunch yesterday thanks to bcdon.It was nice meeting Don,I enjoyed talking with him.I just moved my business so I don't have to work so much and I never hardly ever stopped to eat lunch so this lunch stuff is new and exciting to me.The wife and I are planning a cool vacation next year,think we'll go into Glacier park shoot over to Rexford to visit a high school friend of mine go visit Don over in BC then shoot down through Idaho and maybe meet Sun and Spud,as I have some family in Idaho also,then time permitting shoot into Portland to maybe meet the Franken.Sounds like fun.Again thanks for lunch Don it was nice to meet you and well I'll see ya again this time in your back yard.Sumi (Man I need a new computer this baby is slow)
    That's cool that you guys got to meet up! Did anyone take pictures?

Yes, if you're ever over this way make sure and let me know, Sumi. We'll do lunch!
    -Sean
    Guitars: Lots.
    Amphs: More than last year.
    Pedals: Many, although I go straight from guitar to amp more often lately.

Post Thanks / Like

It was really great to meet you in person, Sumi. Lunch was great and conversation was lots of fun. Can't wait for you to be up in this part of the woods!

FF, sorry, no pictures. We both forgot our cameras.

Bend, Oregon is awesome. Reminds me a lot of Colorado/New Mexico/Texas. I'll post some pictures as soon as I get them uploaded.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by bcdon View Post

FF, sorry, no pictures. We both forgot our cameras.
    Well then it never happened. Who's this Sumi that you speak of?

"No Tele For you." - The Tele Nazi

Ha! Tele-ish now inbound.