Thread: New one to play with

Post Thanks / Like

Default New one to play with

A rock shuffle in A. I played up to 1:20, it's 5:00 long, plenty of room left to jump in on this one! 4.6 mb. so no problems loading to the box.
    C'mon fretters, put your spin on it.
    Glenn

http://www.box.net/public/tnmb7aavsq

Post Thanks / Like

I'm bumping this one back up. I know someone can put a great spin on it, if they get time.
    Guitars
    Wilburn Versatare, '52 FrankenTele(Fender licensed parts), Fender USA Roadhouse Strat, Fender USA Standard B-bender Telecaster, Agile AL 3000 w/ WCR pickups, Ibanez MIJ V300 Acoustic, Squier Precision Bass,
    Amps
    Ceriatone Overtone Special, Musicman 212 Sixty-Five, Fender Blues Jr., Peavey Classic 30, Fender Super Reverb, Traynor YCV-40 WR Anniversary w/ matching 1x12 ext. cab, Epiphone SoCal 50w head w/ matching 4x12 cab (Lady Luck speakers), Avatar 2x12 semi-open back cab w/ Celestion speakers
    Pedals
    Digitech Bad Monkey, Digitech Jamman, DVM's ZYS, Goodrich volume pedal

Post Thanks / Like

Ok this aint the great spin you wanted...but it will keep it going I hope... http://www.box.net/public/cp1bfi4dse
    1:20 to 2:20 heck guys, I cant play... but its all fun !! used a squier 51 thru a Bad monkey and way to much delay which I liked anyways.. into a crate powerblock... well, the fender clean sound was gone anyways..lol and I didnt clam for a change!! the rest is umm.. personal taste...

Jimmie Vaughan Strat , Squire 51
    Epi 56 GoldTop, SX "Vintage" Jazz Bass
    Zager 50, Guild GAD30R (Excellent)
    G-Dec 3 Thirty, Valve Junior & Cab
    Crate PowerBlock, Crate V33H
    JamVox, Studio GX With Mods/Farm 2.0.

Post Thanks / Like

Good one, Justa! Nice to hear you more upfront in the mix, too.
    That was exactly the spin I wanted to hear on it, too. If it gets anybody's toes tappin' and feeling like picking up a guitar and jammin' along, that's the spin I wanted to hear.
    Oh, about the "heck guys, I can't play...but it's all fun!!" thing...
    Sure you can play, maybe you're not where you wanna be with it yet, but you can play, and I think you're playin' better all the time. You're right about the fun thing... maybe that's why they call it "playing"...I always had fun when the work was done and I got to go play!
    Guitars
    Wilburn Versatare, '52 FrankenTele(Fender licensed parts), Fender USA Roadhouse Strat, Fender USA Standard B-bender Telecaster, Agile AL 3000 w/ WCR pickups, Ibanez MIJ V300 Acoustic, Squier Precision Bass,
    Amps
    Ceriatone Overtone Special, Musicman 212 Sixty-Five, Fender Blues Jr., Peavey Classic 30, Fender Super Reverb, Traynor YCV-40 WR Anniversary w/ matching 1x12 ext. cab, Epiphone SoCal 50w head w/ matching 4x12 cab (Lady Luck speakers), Avatar 2x12 semi-open back cab w/ Celestion speakers
    Pedals

Post Thanks / Like

I got to play around a little today.
    RP-250 Drums+"GuitarBass"+rhythm+lead,, playing different chords over the bass line to see how it'd sound. I called it "snow 2", because...well, I guess I thought I oughta call it something.
    And we're hoping to get our second snow here around Christmas.
    Anyway, it was fun to goof with.

http://www.box.net/public/punimrqroi
    Guitars
    Amps
    Pedals

Post Thanks / Like

You mean you actually want snow?? burrrrrr... nice Oldguy...really nice...

Post Thanks / Like

Well, really just enough for a "white Christmas", for the kids, you know?
    And thanks, Justa, I'm still learning, you know?
    Guitars
    Amps
    Pedals

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by oldguy
    Well, really just enough for a "white Christmas", for the kids, you know?
    And thanks, Justa, I'm still learning, you know?
    Man, I want a full on 4 inches an hour five foot dump for Idaho. The kid's ski program I run is on, my private guests are coming for Christmas, and we need snow big! Thanks for all the continued posts you guys. I hope to be able to throw down some recordings again soon, as soon as I can get some time.
    Steve Thompson
    Sun Valley, Idaho

Guitars: Fender 60th Anniversary Std. Strat, Squier CVC Tele Hagstrom Viking Semi-hollow, Joshua beach guitar, Martin SPD-16TR Dreadnought
    Amphs: Peavey Classic 30, '61 Fender Concert
    Effects and such: Boss: DS-1, CE-5, NS-2 and RC20XL looper, Digitech Bad Monkey, Korg AX1G Multi-effects, Berhinger: TU100 tuner, PB100 Clean Boost, Line 6 Toneport UX2, Electro Harmonix Little Big Muff Pi, DuhVoodooMan's Rabid Rodent Rat Clone, Zonkin Yellow Screamer Mk. II, MXR Carbon Copy Delay

love is the answer, at least for most of the questions in my heart. . .
    - j. johnson

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by sunvalleylaw
    Man, I want a full on 4 inches an hour five foot dump for Idaho. The kid's ski program I run is on, my private guests are coming for Christmas, and we need snow big! Thanks for all the continued posts you guys. I hope to be able to throw down some recordings again soon, as soon as I can get some time.
    So did you get it last night? It's coming from what I hear. Maybe if we have to we can import some from Titan. They don't seem to be having any global warming problems.

"No Tele For you." - The Tele Nazi

Ha! Tele-ish now inbound.

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Spudman
    So did you get it last night? It's coming from what I hear. Maybe if we have to we can import some from Titan. They don't seem to be having any global warming problems.

Nope. Just some light dust. More is supposed to come with 3 systems moving through the area this week. We shall see.
    Steve Thompson
    Sun Valley, Idaho

Guitars: Fender 60th Anniversary Std. Strat, Squier CVC Tele Hagstrom Viking Semi-hollow, Joshua beach guitar, Martin SPD-16TR Dreadnought
    Amphs: Peavey Classic 30, '61 Fender Concert
    Effects and such: Boss: DS-1, CE-5, NS-2 and RC20XL looper, Digitech Bad Monkey, Korg AX1G Multi-effects, Berhinger: TU100 tuner, PB100 Clean Boost, Line 6 Toneport UX2, Electro Harmonix Little Big Muff Pi, DuhVoodooMan's Rabid Rodent Rat Clone, Zonkin Yellow Screamer Mk. II, MXR Carbon Copy Delay

love is the answer, at least for most of the questions in my heart. . .
    - j. johnson

Post Thanks / Like

Good one guys. I gave it a noiser and sloppier than normal try. But this is great, I end up trying something new every time.

http://www.box.net/public/dv20kx5jc8

Plenty of room left.
    "Without music to decorate it, time is just a bunch of boring production deadlines or dates by which bills must be paid." - Frank Zappa

Yamaha G240
    Epi Dot Deluxe, Squier '51, G&L S-500
    Vox AD30VT, PODxt

Post Thanks / Like

nice jump in Hog.... enjoyed it!

Post Thanks / Like

Lightbulb my contribution

seeing that this thread is old, i duno if anyone will hear it, but i thought id add my bit into the mix for the sake of it. its probably the first time ive kept sort of in time with a beat . the first bit is my pentatonic riff that ive done to death ever since i started playing four years ago, then just kept coming up with little spontaneous riffs from it. took me 4 tries to get it like this, tell us what you think
    Last edited by bedroom rocker; August 20th, 2009 at 10:39 PM.

Post Thanks / Like

I'd love the hear it, but don't see a link?.
    Always glad to hear members playing.
    Guitars
    Amps
    Pedals

Post Thanks / Like

: doh, havin a bit of trouble trying to figure out uploading stuff

Post Thanks / Like

OK!
    Glad you got it figured out.
    Nice playing there, bedroom rocker! I hadn't listened to that collab. for a long time. Thanks for adding your take and posting back, fine job.
    Guitars
    Amps
    Pedals

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by oldguy
    OK!
    Glad you got it figured out.
    Nice playing there, bedroom rocker! I hadn't listened to that collab. for a long time. Thanks for adding your take and posting back, fine job.
    no wukkaz, to be honest it was the only backing track that i thought i could play to all you guys have heaps good technique and flair in your playing, are any of you more inclined towards blues/rock in your playing?