Thread: new guy from Michigan

Post Thanks / Like

Default new guy from Michigan

Hello to all. Glad to be here.

Post Thanks / Like

Hi and welcome. What sort of music are you into and what gear do you like to play? We love to talk about that stuff.

"No Tele For you." - The Tele Nazi

Ha! Tele-ish now inbound.

Post Thanks / Like

Oh man, I listen to everything. Merle Haggard to Sonic Youth ... Black Sabbath to Rory Gallagher...
    The Black Crowes to Clutch. Lol. So yeah, if it sounds good, I dig it.
    As far as gear I'm pretty mid grade still. I've only been playing about 3 years but I've managed to collect a small mountain of gear. I've got 2 mexi strats a 1996 and a 2011 , a 02 epiphone dot, a 08 Les Paul STD, 09 Les Paul Jr, a Mitchell 12 string and a old Yamaha 12 string. Also a old Fender acoustic, a couple old banjos that were my granddads, and I'm picking up my first Tele early next week.
    I'm usually playing my crate vc5310 but I've also got Vox ac4tv for when the kids asleep and a old Marshall super lead for when I go out, a couple acoustic amps and a couple of beaters. Looking to pickup a Fender Twin in the near future.
    I like stuff like Radiohead and Pink Floyd alot so I'm into pedals and sound manipulation. So there's a little of this and a little of that lying around.
    Anyway, sorry for long post. Great to be here.
    Charlie

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

Hi cheapgtrs! Welcome to the party! Don't be sorry for the post, great to know a bit about you. I love my MIM strat also.
    Steve Thompson
    Sun Valley, Idaho

Guitars: Fender 60th Anniversary Std. Strat, Squier CVC Tele Hagstrom Viking Semi-hollow, Joshua beach guitar, Martin SPD-16TR Dreadnought
    Amphs: Peavey Classic 30, '61 Fender Concert
    Effects and such: Boss: DS-1, CE-5, NS-2 and RC20XL looper, Digitech Bad Monkey, Korg AX1G Multi-effects, Berhinger: TU100 tuner, PB100 Clean Boost, Line 6 Toneport UX2, Electro Harmonix Little Big Muff Pi, DuhVoodooMan's Rabid Rodent Rat Clone, Zonkin Yellow Screamer Mk. II, MXR Carbon Copy Delay

love is the answer, at least for most of the questions in my heart. . .
    - j. johnson

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

Wow, you sound like many others around here, which is good, I hope! Welcome to The Fret.

There is so much good music out there, it is a shame to not enjoy as much of it as you can. I listen to a huge variety as well, and have been exposed to dozens of bands and musicians here that I'm now a fan of. The Have You Heard sub-forum is good for that.
    Guitar: Gibson SG Standard Natural Burst, Squier CV 50's Tele, Hell Guitars No. 2, Squier CV 50's Strat, Reverend Club King 290, Taylor 522e 12-Fret mahogany,
    Squier Vintage Modified Jaguar Bass Short Scale
    Amp: Fender Super Champ X2 Head, Egnater Tweaker 15, Fender Mustang I, Acoustic B20 1x12 bass amp
    Pedal: Budda Budwah wah, Wampler Ego Compressor, Electro-Harmonix Soul Food, Voodoo Lab Sparkle Drive, Wampler Velvet Fuzz, Seven Sisters Eve Tremolo, TC Electronics Gravy Tri Chorus & Vibrato, Catalinbread Echorec, TC Electronic Alter Ego 2 Delay, Hardwire Supernatural Ambient Verb, MXR Carbon Copy, Catalinbread RAH, Big Muff Pi with Tone Wicker, BYOC Mouse 2.0 Distortion, BYOC Boost/OD-2

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

Yep sounds like you're gonna fit right in :-) welcome!
    Dee

"When life's a biatch, be a horny dog"

Amps: Marshall JVM 410H w/ Plexi Cap mod, Choke Mod & Negative Feedback Removal mod, 4x12", Behringer GMX110, Amplitube 3/StealthPedal

Half a dozen custom built/bastardized guitars all with EMG's, mostly 85's, Ibanez Artwood acoustic & Yamaha SGR bass, Epiphone Prophecy SG, Vox Wah, Pitchblack tuner plus assorted pedals, rack gear etc. for home studio use.

Post Thanks / Like

Thanks for the warm welcome :-)

Camrose, Alberta, Canada - used to be Umea Sweden.
    Post Thanks / Like

Welcome! We love both cheap guitars and expensive ones.
    The Law of Gravity is nonsense. No such law exists. If I think I float, and you think I float, then it happens.
    Master Guitar Academy - I also teach via SKYPE.

Post Thanks / Like

Welcome aboard!!

Post Thanks / Like

Whereabouts are you from in Michigan? I'm originally from Bay City.
    Axen: Jackson DK2M, Fender Deluxe Nashville Telecaster, Reverend Warhawk 390, Taylor 914ce, ESP LTD Surveyor-414
    Amphen: Jet City JCA22H and JCA12S cab, Carvin X-60 combo, Acoustic B20
    Effecten: "Thesis 96" Overdrive/Boost (aka DVM OD2), Hardwire DL-8 Digital Delay/Looper, DigiTech Polara Reverb, DigiTech EX-7 Expression Factory and CF-7 Chorus Factory, Danelectro CF-1 Cool Cat Fuzz
    "I wish Imagine Dragons would be stuck in an Arcade Fire for an entire Vampire Weekend."--Brian Posehn

Post Thanks / Like

The southwest in Berrien county.

Post Thanks / Like

Welcome Charlie. I am sure that you will find that there are good people here. That is a nice pile of gear!

Post Thanks / Like

Michigan greetings Charlie. I'm in the Detroit area...but am quite familiar with the southwest. I used to live right across the street from the Lake Michigan shore in South Haven. Good times.

Post Thanks / Like

Hi Charlie, fellow newbie here. Sounds like you got some nice gear accumulated already. Liking your taste in music too .

Post Thanks / Like

Welcome, Charlie. No shame in amassing some inexpensive gear, you aren't the only one here who has a few "good bang for the buck" guitars!

Cheers!
    -Sean
    Guitars: Lots.
    Amphs: More than last year.
    Pedals: Many, although I go straight from guitar to amp more often lately.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by cheapgtrs View Post
    Oh man, I listen to everything. Merle Haggard to Sonic Youth ... Black Sabbath to Rory Gallagher...
    The Black Crowes to Clutch. Lol. So yeah, if it sounds good, I dig it.
    As far as gear I'm pretty mid grade still. I've only been playing about 3 years but I've managed to collect a small mountain of gear. I've got 2 mexi strats a 1996 and a 2011 , a 02 epiphone dot, a 08 Les Paul STD, 09 Les Paul Jr, a Mitchell 12 string and a old Yamaha 12 string. Also a old Fender acoustic, a couple old banjos that were my granddads, and I'm picking up my first Tele early next week.
    I'm usually playing my crate vc5310 but I've also got Vox ac4tv for when the kids asleep and a old Marshall super lead for when I go out, a couple acoustic amps and a couple of beaters. Looking to pickup a Fender Twin in the near future.
    I like stuff like Radiohead and Pink Floyd alot so I'm into pedals and sound manipulation. So there's a little of this and a little of that lying around.
    Anyway, sorry for long post. Great to be here.
    Charlie
    Dude, welcome! I hope you enjoy the place... We all love guitars and music, and love to talk about them! I dig your musical choices and choice of gear.
    Guitars:
    Fender 2006 MIM Fender Stratocaster HSS in 3TS
    Ibanez RG 570 with a bridge Invader
    ESP M II Deluxe with a Tune-o-Matic bridge
    Eleanor, the magical, mystical Road Worn wonder Tele
    Blackstar HT Club 40

Post Thanks / Like

Thanks everyone :-D