Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php on line 2958

Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php on line 2958

Hi from Sweden
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Hi from Sweden

Post Thanks / Like

Default Hi from Sweden

Hi all!!!

Just checking in to see what's up here. Looks like a good site.

Here's my setup:

Peter

Sweden

'08 Gibson Les Paul Studio - Wine Red
    '11 Epiphone SG G-400 - Cherry

Blackstar HT Studio 20 combo

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

Welcome to The Fret! We have many fellow Swedes here, so I'm sure you'll enjoy the place.

I'm a sucker for wine red LP's, and your looks great. I'll have to try a Blackstar like that as well, since I've heard so many good things about them.
    Guitar: Gibson SG Standard Natural Burst, Squier CV 50's Tele, Hell Guitars No. 2, Squier CV 50's Strat, Reverend Club King 290, Taylor 522e 12-Fret mahogany,
    Squier Vintage Modified Jaguar Bass Short Scale
    Amp: Fender Super Champ X2 Head, Egnater Tweaker 15, Fender Mustang I, Acoustic B20 1x12 bass amp
    Pedal: Budda Budwah wah, Wampler Ego Compressor, Electro-Harmonix Soul Food, Voodoo Lab Sparkle Drive, Wampler Velvet Fuzz, Seven Sisters Eve Tremolo, TC Electronics Gravy Tri Chorus & Vibrato, Catalinbread Echorec, TC Electronic Alter Ego 2 Delay, Hardwire Supernatural Ambient Verb, MXR Carbon Copy, Catalinbread RAH, Big Muff Pi with Tone Wicker, BYOC Mouse 2.0 Distortion, BYOC Boost/OD-2

Camrose, Alberta, Canada - used to be Umea Sweden.
    Post Thanks / Like

Tjena Peter!
    Thanks for joining. Sweet guitars, they look like!

Where in Sweden do you live? I am from Umea myself.

What music do you play?
    The Law of Gravity is nonsense. No such law exists. If I think I float, and you think I float, then it happens.
    Master Guitar Academy - I also teach via SKYPE.

Post Thanks / Like

Welcome to The Fret, Peter! Can't have enough Swedes around here.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Robert View Post
    Tjena Peter!
    Thanks for joining. Sweet guitars, they look like!

Where in Sweden do you live? I am from Umea myself.

What music do you play?
    Hi Robert.

I'm in Uppsala. Nice to hear a Swede from Canada!!! I'm mostly into blues, but still got a loooooooong way to go......

I'm a fan of SRV, Duane Allman, Santana, Derek Trucks, etc. But also non guitarists like Paul Butterfield, Charlie Parker, Mozart... Just to name a few...

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Tig View Post
    Welcome to The Fret! We have many fellow Swedes here, so I'm sure you'll enjoy the place.

I'm a sucker for wine red LP's, and your looks great. I'll have to try a Blackstar like that as well, since I've heard so many good things about them.
    Hi Doug,

... and thx for the welcome. Yeah, the Blackstar is awesome. I only had it for a few days now, but it seems like a very BIG lite amp... Can really recommend it!

Peter

Post Thanks / Like

"Welcome to The Fret, Peter! Can't have enough Swedes around here. "

Thx. Will try to live up to that.....

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by ajaxajax2000 View Post
    I'm in Uppsala.
    Cool! That's where my heroes Roine Stolt and Jonas Reingold live (The Flower Kings, Transatlantic, The Tangent, Karmakanic).

Welcome to the forum.

"No Tele For you." - The Tele Nazi

Ha! Tele-ish now inbound.

Post Thanks / Like

Nice Gibson Peter, I have one too (old model).

+1 for the British amp.

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

Hi Peter! Welcome! I have a swedish guitar (well, chinese made Hagstrom) and would love to see your country one day! Also a Roine fan here. I like his solo blues stuff.
    Steve Thompson
    Sun Valley, Idaho

Guitars: Fender 60th Anniversary Std. Strat, Squier CVC Tele Hagstrom Viking Semi-hollow, Joshua beach guitar, Martin SPD-16TR Dreadnought
    Amphs: Peavey Classic 30, '61 Fender Concert
    Effects and such: Boss: DS-1, CE-5, NS-2 and RC20XL looper, Digitech Bad Monkey, Korg AX1G Multi-effects, Berhinger: TU100 tuner, PB100 Clean Boost, Line 6 Toneport UX2, Electro Harmonix Little Big Muff Pi, DuhVoodooMan's Rabid Rodent Rat Clone, Zonkin Yellow Screamer Mk. II, MXR Carbon Copy Delay

love is the answer, at least for most of the questions in my heart. . .
    - j. johnson

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

Hel, välkommen och du ska säkert ha kul här tror jag...en Finne här, som besöker Sverige då och då. Min fru är också halv svensk. Min svensk är dåligt...luckily it is just English here :-)
    Dee

"When life's a biatch, be a horny dog"

Amps: Marshall JVM 410H w/ Plexi Cap mod, Choke Mod & Negative Feedback Removal mod, 4x12", Behringer GMX110, Amplitube 3/StealthPedal

Half a dozen custom built/bastardized guitars all with EMG's, mostly 85's, Ibanez Artwood acoustic & Yamaha SGR bass, Epiphone Prophecy SG, Vox Wah, Pitchblack tuner plus assorted pedals, rack gear etc. for home studio use.

Post Thanks / Like

Got the Gibson itch today and swapped my Epi SG (and some $$$) for a Gibson SG Special. So now my setup is:

North of the Equator: I am a Southerner, Southern Ontario!
    Post Thanks / Like

I have a Gibson SG Special, only mine is a 1968 original. Very nice guitars. I also have an Epi SG and a Gibson SG standard.
    You can't go wrong with a Gibson SG. My Favourite is the full pickgaurd Standard and Special. I don't like the half guard on the 61. Dot neck is sweet as well. How do you like the neck placement on the body and the availability of the higher frets compared to the LP?
    The Blues is alright!

Guitars: 1968 Gibson SG, 2005 Gibson SG Standard, 2006 Gibson LP Classic Gold top, 2004 Epiphone Elitist LP Custom, 1996 Gibson Les Paul Standard. 2001 Epiphone Sheraton II, 2007 Epiphone G400.
    Fender Strats: 1996 Fender 68 Reissue CIJ, 2008 Squier CV 50s, 2009 Squier CV 50s Tele Butterescotch Blonde

Amps: Blues Junior Special edition Jensen in Brown Tolex with Wheat front, 65 Deluxe Reverb reissue,1970 Sonax reverb by Traynor, Avatar Custom 2/12 Cabinet with Eminence Legend V1216 speakers,
    2008 DSL100 Marshall Amp , Fender Super Champ XD,Fender Vibro Champ XD

Effects and Pedals: Fulltone Fulldrive II, Fulltone OCD, Fulltone Mini Deja Vibe, Fulltone Fat Boost, Dunlop Crybaby Wah, Boss DS1, Boss DD20 Giga Delay, Boss TU2 tuner, Boss BD2, Ibanez TS9 Tube screamer, Zoom 505. Radial tonebone hot british.

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by ajaxajax2000 View Post
    Got the Gibson itch today and swapped my Epi SG (and some $$$) for a Gibson SG Special. So now my setup is:
    Excellent upgrade! I like several Epiphones, but I'd rather have the Gibson's you have.
    HNGD!

Post Thanks / Like

Congrats on the SG and welcome! I used to have a G400 like yours (but mine was black), and my rhythm guitarist in my main band has a Gibson SG like yours (but his is black).

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by deeaa View Post
    Hel, välkommen och du ska säkert ha kul här tror jag...en Finne här, som besöker Sverige då och då. Min fru är också halv svensk. Min svensk är dåligt...luckily it is just English here :-)
    Lucky indeed! Babelfish doesn't seem to do Swedish or Finnish, so I can't even tell which language you are using!!!

I think you said something like "Welcome" (pretty close word to the German version), then something about you being from Finland and your (girlfriend/wife?) is half Swedish but your Swedish is not that good.

Anyway...

Welcome Ajax and greetings from Australia

Post Thanks / Like

Welcome aboard! Nice gear setup. I have a Blackstar as well, although mine is a Chinese-made HT-5 head. I do love that amp, though!

I've always liked the full guard on the SGs. To my eyes, it just looks more complete. That is a great looking SG!
    -Sean
    Guitars: Lots.
    Amphs: More than last year.
    Pedals: Many, although I go straight from guitar to amp more often lately.

Post Thanks / Like

Post Thanks / Like

Hey, I love your Wine Red LP Studio ! There's something really cool about that stripped down look. Also really like your Blackstar.....I've been thinking about buying a HT Stage 60 for a while now, Tried one out at a dealer and loved it..............just need to justify buying another amp to my wife !!!!!!!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast