Thread: Boomerang E-155 Chorus*Delay

Post Thanks / Like

Default Boomerang E-155 Chorus*Delay

The best delay pedal I have tried... even when doing those super ambient spacey sounds the tone and notes remain clear and obvious... not digital in the least. And I never used to use a chorus pedal until now... it coordinates so well with the Delay part of the pedal and thickens that tone beautifully. Here is the review:

http://www.musicgearreview.com/artic...play/2513.html

Post Thanks / Like

Great to hear it lives up to your expectations. Based on my Boomerang Looper I was confident it'd be a solid product. Based on the user manual for the looper, they also seem like a great bunch of guys too! The certainly have a sense of humor anyway.

Just read your detailed review, nice job!

It's trivial, but I thought it was maybe worth noting the delay and chorus share the exact same case as the looper, just for trivia reasons.

Also you mention at the end that tape echo's do runaway oscillation, just in case you didn't know, so do old BBD delay's and some digital ones do too. I have a a home made delay based on the Ibanez AD80 and it certainly does!

They key difference in newer DSP delays is they can allow for oscillation without the runaway part. In other words, it maintains the same overall volume as it squeals at you. My delay, as with (i think) most old BBD or Analog delays get exponentially louder if you let them oscillate which can be difficult to control.

Take this as unsubstantiated, but I believe my dream delay (the el Capistan, which is DSP based) is an example of one that can oscillate without getting louder. If I ever find one in stock in Australia, I'll let you know!

Post Thanks / Like

I hear pedals are hard to come by in Australia... limited choice and darn expensive. Must be the shipping costs. In today's technological age of improved shipping methods, it makes you wonder why shipping has not become more reasonable.