Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php on line 2958
Fugget previous posts: THIS is my next buy--Reverend Warhawk HB!

Thread: Fugget previous posts: THIS is my next buy--Reverend Warhawk HB!

Post Thanks / Like

Talking Fugget previous posts: THIS is my next buy--Reverend Warhawk HB!

Reverend Warhawk HB. In blue, just like this one.

I went a couple of days ago to the Reverend website, on a whim. I hadn't seen these babies! And the price! Just $469. So I opsted about this at Cyberjammin.com and it happens that a forumite who is a partner in a music store has these guitars, and by chance he had on stock exactly the one I wanted.

Then another forumite who works near that store offered to go there and give it a test run. He played it through five different amps (this guy has boutique stuff, gigs regularly, and knows his stuff). His words?

Hey Kerc, I just played your Warhawk...Buy it...very sweet classic humbucker tones with a Fendery neck. Low action, pretty good setup and very playable. I played it through a Rivera Chubster 40, Quiana Studio, Fandango 55 and handbuilt 18 watt Marshall clone...all classic sounding amps. I'd say you'll be happy if you buy it based on your description. I'm at the store now posting this...

So now I arranged with the store guy to leave my Warhawk alone 'til I get my Christmas bonus next week.

I'm stoked! Here are the specs of this nice guitar:

• BODY solid mahogany with raised center section. 18-1/4" x 13" x 1-5/8" (center) x 1-3/8" (wings).
    • PICKUPS two Reverend humbuckers, output/tone calibrated for each position.
    • NECK bolt-on, maple, amber tinted satin finish, gloss black reverse headstock.
    • TRUSS ROD dual-action, access at headstock.
    • SCALE 25-1/2".
    • FINGERBOARD rosewood, 12" radius.
    • FRETS 22 medium jumbo.
    • NECK PROFILE medium oval.
    • NUT 1-21/32" (42 mm) width, graphite.
    • TUNERS Wilkinson EZ-Lock tuners with staggered heights.
    • BRIDGE TOM w/ stop tail.
    • CONTROLS custom volume & tone, Bass Contour, 3-way.
    • WEIGHT approx. 7.5 pounds.
    • STRINGS 9-42 unless otherwise requested.

Play your guitar daily!

Camrose, Alberta, Canada - used to be Umea Sweden.
    Post Thanks / Like

Suuhhhweeet! You can never go wrong with a Reverend. That baby look mighty purdy too. I think you will be a happy man once you get that one in your stable. Congrats in advance!

The only thing that I didn't like about the Reverends was the sharp edges of the body. I got bruised ribs after playing it for a while. Maybe this one is different. I am a pretty skinny lad too.
    The Law of Gravity is nonsense. No such law exists. If I think I float, and you think I float, then it happens.
    Master Guitar Academy - I also teach via SKYPE.

Post Thanks / Like

I'm rail-thin (6' tall, 164 lbs.), but I have no prob with sharp-edged guitars...I've played Ibanezes and similar guitars, and the edges haven't bothered me. I think the Telecaster killed my nerves in that area.

Play your guitar daily!

Post Thanks / Like

I've been thinking that my next guitar will be a P90 equipped Reverend.
    I pick a moon dog.

Post Thanks / Like

i've looked at the reverends too....seem to be quality guitars with a definate cool factor at reasonable prices....congrats on yours!

ww
    Quote Originally Posted by just strum
    For the record, my annoyance with Warren has a lot to do with the hissing noises he makes.
    Guitars: Gibson 1998 Les Paul Special : Peavey Predator (Early 90's Fat Strat Copy) : Ibanez GAX30TR
    Brownsville Reso - 101 Electric Reso : Fender GDO-300 Maple Quilt Top Acoustic

Amps: Fender Super Champ XD

Effects: Digitech RP250 Modeling Guitar Processor : DVM "Phased and Confused" Script Phaser Clone : Digitech Bad Monkey
    Danelectro Cool Cat Chorus : Behringer Distortion Modeler : Ernie Ball Volume Pedal : Dunlop Cry Baby Wah

Post Thanks / Like

There's a shop here in town that is an authorized Reverend dealer and I also admire them when I walk in. They're groovy lookin' geetars. Something that "The Reverend" himself might play....
    Guitars/Bass - MIM Fender Classic 50s Strat, MIM Fender Standard Strat, Squier Classic Vibe 50s Tele, Gibson Les Paul Studio, Epi '56 Gold Top Les Paul, Martin DSR acoustic, Sigma Martin Auditorium electric/acoustic, Squier Jazz Bass.

Amps/Cabinets/Modelers - Model 2558 50 watt Marshall Silver Anniversary Jubilee combo w/ Celestion Vintage 30s, 4x12 Marshall cabinet w/25 watt Greenback Celestions, Fender Blues Junior w/ a couple of Billm mods, Line 6 POD 2.0, Roland Micro Cube

Pedals/Effects - Cry Baby Classic Wah, Boss TU-2, Boss NS-2, Boss RC-2 Loop Station, Ross Compressor, MXR Micro Amp, Danelectro FAB Echo, Danelectro FAB Chorus, Danelectro Chicken Salad, Marshall Guv'nor Plus, Marshall Echohead, Duhvoodooman's Zonkin' Yellow Screamer, Digitech Digiverb, Digitech Bad Monkey, Dunlop Fuzz Face, Homemade Loop Bypass pedal, Duhvoodooman's Sonic Tonic (Maxon SD-9 clone +), Voodoo Labs Superfuzz

Camrose, Alberta, Canada - used to be Umea Sweden.
    Post Thanks / Like

You can be sure of getting quality stuff from Reverend. Their workmanship and attention to details is phenomenal. The necks on those guitars are quite fabulous.
    The Law of Gravity is nonsense. No such law exists. If I think I float, and you think I float, then it happens.
    Master Guitar Academy - I also teach via SKYPE.

Post Thanks / Like

Great!!!

now i got GAS for a reverend guitar and some strange puerto rican string instrument on the way...and it's all your fault.....bastard!!!

ooh and thanks