Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php on line 2958
Hi folks. - Page 2
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Hi folks.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by cheapgtrs View Post
    I did get it. Mines just a squier cv50 but for what I paid for it I like it alot. Finish is vintage blonde with nice grain showing through, pickups sound surprisingly good although I'm probably gonna swap em for what I'm not sure yet.
    Sorry to derail the thread further, but give it some time before you change the pups... Here are a couple of vids that show what they are capable of.

http://www.thefret.net/showthread.ph...Teles-rock-out!

Oh, and Gibbo, good luck with the GAS, brother. My Strat was purchased as a direct result of GAS from posting here. Haven't regretted it for a second!
    Guitars:
    Fender 2006 MIM Fender Stratocaster HSS in 3TS
    Ibanez RG 570 with a bridge Invader
    ESP M II Deluxe with a Tune-o-Matic bridge
    Eleanor, the magical, mystical Road Worn wonder Tele
    Blackstar HT Club 40

Post Thanks / Like

Those vids show just how good a CV Tele can sound ! Who said Tele's were only good for country?????
    Katastrophe, thanks bro, and I agree with you about Strats....real cool guitars, and so versatile, a Strat is a jack of all trades kind of guitar....it's whatever you want it to be. Glad you're happy with yours. Which model is it btw ?

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Gibbo View Post
    Those vids show just how good a CV Tele can sound ! Who said Tele's were only good for country?????
    Katastrophe, thanks bro, and I agree with you about Strats....real cool guitars, and so versatile, a Strat is a jack of all trades kind of guitar....it's whatever you want it to be. Glad you're happy with yours. Which model is it btw ?
    Yep, Teles can rock with the best of 'em. Some folks see those two single coils and think it can't for some reason.

My Strat is a 2006 MIM Standard HSS in Sunburst, with a maple fretboard. 2006 was the year that Fender started using bigger frets (medium jumbo), and a steel sustain block. In the five years that I've owned it, it's done all my meager skills could ask it to do, and made me sound good, too. I keep going back and forth about a pickup change, but the cleans sound so good to my ears on the stock pups that I haven't been able to bring myself to do it. I have other, more expensive guitars, but the Strat so far has been winning out every time I play. It ain't the most expensive, nor does it have a 1 piece body, or top tier components, but it is a solid, workhorse guitar that fits me well.
    Guitars:
    Fender 2006 MIM Fender Stratocaster HSS in 3TS
    Ibanez RG 570 with a bridge Invader
    ESP M II Deluxe with a Tune-o-Matic bridge
    Eleanor, the magical, mystical Road Worn wonder Tele
    Blackstar HT Club 40

Post Thanks / Like

Welcome Gibbo! Been away from The Fret for a few days thanks to mother nature, trees, and our power companies molasses in December response times. Good people here, as you have already found out!
    Guitars: '06 Les Paul Classic Goldtop, '07 SG classic, '79 ES335TD Blond, '88 Telecaster, '08 Custom Shop Strat 57 NOS, Framus '69 Goucho Acoustic, '72 Framus Caravelle hollow body, '09 Hagstrom Swede, '10 Ibanez AG95 and '69 Heit

Amps: Fender Blues Deluxe Tweed, Marshall JCM 900 50W full stack, Roland Cube 20XL and '69 Checkmate!

Pedals: (all DVM) Tremolo, "Rabid Rodent" distortion, "Zonkin Yellow Screamer" OD/Boost, "Gee Ain't That Swell" volume swell, and "Mega Muff" fuzz

Post Thanks / Like

Hi mapka, thanks for the welcome. You're right about the folk on here...those I've spoken to so far seem real friendly. By the way, your JCM900 stack has got me drooling !!!!!

Katastrophe, sounds like a neat Strat you got there ! Love to see a pic of it.
    I have two Strats, one is a new Classic Player 50's Strat, in Daphne Blue, with a maple neck/fingerboard, I bought it about 10 weeks ago and just love it.
    The other one I bought from a local music shop about 3-4 years ago, and I must confess, not being an expert in any shape or form, I'm a bit mystifyed about. It looks like a 60's reissue, 3 tone sunburst, rosewood board, aged 3 ply scratchplate, no skunk stripe on the back of the neck, 60's style headstock, but with what looks like the large script 70's logo. The bridge has the modern type cast saddles, rather than the vintage type pressed steel ones..and the rear panel which covers the trem springs has a modern slot, rather than individual string holes. There seems to be a hybrid of old style and modern features, which I find a bit curious. The machineheads are enclosed type but have no name on them. Also,the rear of the headstock carries a gold, oval sticker that says "Fender 50 Years Of Excellence ". Without actually taking it apart, I can find no serial number on it or place of manufacture. I suspect it may be Mexican, but I may be wrong. I paid £350 UK Pounds for it ( roughly 710 US Dollars ) which at that time was about average price over here in the UK for a Mexican Strat. What I CAN say for sure is that it looks cool, feels great and sounds just like a Strat should.

Post Thanks / Like

I just tried to upload some pictures , but it seems I can't upload attachments. Maybe its because I'm still a newbie. Never mind, maybe in the future

Post Thanks / Like

Welcome fellow Brit, nice to see another UK strat player on the forum.

Post Thanks / Like

Hey, guitartango, how ya doin'?

Post Thanks / Like

Good Gibbo and you ?

Just been offered a strat for £200 (American Body and Jap neck in Lucerne Aqua Firemist). The pickups don't work but apart from that. seems to be a keeper.

Post Thanks / Like

I'm fine thanks, just chillin' out before an early bed ( gotta be up at 4.15am... shift work )
    If you're just looking at p/up replacement, I'd say go for it. Even with the cost of new p/ups added on, sounds like a decent deal.
    I just found this link, hope it might be of interest to you.

http://www.guitar-mania.com/product_...roducts_id=745

Post Thanks / Like

Thanks Gibbo

I was thinking more of these http://www.shedpickups.com/pickups.asp?pgtitle=Pickups but don't tell the wife

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Gibbo View Post
    Hi mapka, thanks for the welcome. You're right about the folk on here...those I've spoken to so far seem real friendly. By the way, your JCM900 stack has got me drooling !!!!!
    LOL Yeah I've had it since the late 90's. Doesn't get much use these days. Not many venues left large enough. Sure can fill a room with sound!

Dauphne Blue strat! Nice color choice. Mine is Lake Placid Blue. Love that color.
    Guitars: '06 Les Paul Classic Goldtop, '07 SG classic, '79 ES335TD Blond, '88 Telecaster, '08 Custom Shop Strat 57 NOS, Framus '69 Goucho Acoustic, '72 Framus Caravelle hollow body, '09 Hagstrom Swede, '10 Ibanez AG95 and '69 Heit

Amps: Fender Blues Deluxe Tweed, Marshall JCM 900 50W full stack, Roland Cube 20XL and '69 Checkmate!

Pedals: (all DVM) Tremolo, "Rabid Rodent" distortion, "Zonkin Yellow Screamer" OD/Boost, "Gee Ain't That Swell" volume swell, and "Mega Muff" fuzz

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Gibbo
    Hey, don't say your Tele is "just a Squier", I've owned a couple of Squiers myself and they're fine guitars. And like you suggest, you can always upgrade the hardware if you want to.
    Oh yeah I didn't mean it like that:-) It is a sweet guitar but the tele of my dreams it is not. But I am liking it more every day. My other guitars are feeling neglected.

Post Thanks / Like

[QUOTE="Katastrophe"]

"Sorry to derail the thread further, but give it some time before you change the pups... "
    I think I'm gonna take your advice... I'm starting to warm up to them....sorry for the derail Gibbo :-)

Post Thanks / Like

No need to apologise, and I hope your new Tele gives you a lot of pleasure....in fact, I'm sure it will

Post Thanks / Like

With reference to my previous post about wanting to show pics of my sunburst Strat, according to the "Posting Permissions" box at the bottom of my page I may not post attachments.
    I just opened a Photobucket account and uploaded some pics there, so hopefully in the future I'll be allowed to show them.

Post Thanks / Like

With reference to my earlier post about my Strat, hopefully these pics have uploaded. Aplogies for the poor quality, my camera aint that brilliant !!

Post Thanks / Like

Nice looking Strat Gibbo.

"No Tele For you." - The Tele Nazi

Ha! Tele-ish now inbound.

Post Thanks / Like

Thanks Spudman

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast