Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Hi folks.

Post Thanks / Like

Default Hi folks.

Hi all, just registered, looking forward to maybe joining in some future discussions.

Camrose, Alberta, Canada - used to be Umea Sweden.
    Post Thanks / Like

Hi Gibbo, welcome here!
    Whatcha play?
    The Law of Gravity is nonsense. No such law exists. If I think I float, and you think I float, then it happens.
    Master Guitar Academy - I also teach via SKYPE.

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

Hi Gibbo, and welcome!
    Steve Thompson
    Sun Valley, Idaho

Guitars: Fender 60th Anniversary Std. Strat, Squier CVC Tele Hagstrom Viking Semi-hollow, Joshua beach guitar, Martin SPD-16TR Dreadnought
    Amphs: Peavey Classic 30, '61 Fender Concert
    Effects and such: Boss: DS-1, CE-5, NS-2 and RC20XL looper, Digitech Bad Monkey, Korg AX1G Multi-effects, Berhinger: TU100 tuner, PB100 Clean Boost, Line 6 Toneport UX2, Electro Harmonix Little Big Muff Pi, DuhVoodooMan's Rabid Rodent Rat Clone, Zonkin Yellow Screamer Mk. II, MXR Carbon Copy Delay

love is the answer, at least for most of the questions in my heart. . .
    - j. johnson

Post Thanks / Like

Hi there, and thanks for the welcome!
    I play guitar, 20 or so years now, originally started out on bass. I've collected some stuff over the years. Got rid of most of it, as we all do !
    Currently playing... 2010 Gibson Les Paul Traditional, 2005 Gibson SG Standard, 2006 Gibson Firebird Studio, 2008 Gibson Les Paul Faded DC ( TV Yellow ) Fender 60's reissue Strat ( rosewood board ), Fender Classic Player '50s Strat ( maple neck ), Fender Telecaster Vintage '52 Reissue, and I also have an Epiphone Lynyrd Skynyrd Goldtop Les Paul, which I don't play, I just bought it for the collectability factor, see if it goes up in value.. you never know !
    Acoustics are a Takamine EG440SC electro acoustic, and an old, nicely played in Yamaha FG300 acoustic. I've recently aquired a Delta Blue 6 string banjo, which, to be honest, I'm just kinda messing about on at the moment..though I'd like to maybe take it a little more seriously in the future.
    Ampwise I'm using a Marshall MA50C combo through a Marshall 1936 2x12 cab for the electrics, and a Marshall AS100D acoustic amp. Also got a Fender FM212 100W. solid state combo which I've had for some years, but since I got the Marshall it's virtually never used now.
    Pedals wise, nothing much really.. Line 6 M5 and a Marshall Supervibe Chorus. I like the overdrive on the Marshall rather than a processed distortion..can't beat a raw tube sound, in my opinion.
    What about yourselves? Always interested to hear what fellow players are using.

Post Thanks / Like

Hi there Gibbo. Nice to have you aboard.

Regarding my equipment, I've got most of my relevant gear in my sig, so I won't clog up this thread by regurgitating it.
    Quote Originally Posted by Spudman
    Does anyone read the original post?
    Guitars: Gibson LP Studio, MIA Fender Precision, Carvin C350
    Amps: Genz Benz Shuttle 6.0 + Avatar B212 / Genzler 12-3, Acoustic B20
    Pedals: Pod HD500X, Diamond Compressor, Tech 21 VT Bass, Sonic Research Turbo Tuner

Post Thanks / Like

Welcome aboard, Gibbo! Like Eric, my gear is in my signature.

Glad to have you here!
    -Sean
    Guitars: Lots.
    Amphs: More than last year.
    Pedals: Many, although I go straight from guitar to amp more often lately.

Post Thanks / Like

Welcome!

I don't have a sig, so my gear is a 90s Ibanez RG 570, an ESP Custom Shop M II Deluxe, and a 2006 MIM Fender Standard Strat. I play the Strat primarily through a 20 watt Fender Mustang I amph.

I dig your choice of gear, and I hope you enjoy thefret!
    Guitars:
    Fender 2006 MIM Fender Stratocaster HSS in 3TS
    Ibanez RG 570 with a bridge Invader
    ESP M II Deluxe with a Tune-o-Matic bridge
    Eleanor, the magical, mystical Road Worn wonder Tele
    Blackstar HT Club 40

Post Thanks / Like

Thanks folks. Could you excuse my ignorance, or maybe naivety ( I'm new to internet forums )....but whats a "sig" ?

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Gibbo View Post
    Thanks folks. Could you excuse my ignorance, or maybe naivety ( I'm new to internet forums )....but whats a "sig" ?
    Sig = signature. It's a list of all the crud we've accumulated as gear junkies and we put it down below the relevant stuff that we post here. Go to "settings" at the top and then to "edit signature". You can then put in text that will show up on every one of your posts on the forum.

"No Tele For you." - The Tele Nazi

Ha! Tele-ish now inbound.

Post Thanks / Like

Thanks Spudman

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

Welcome to the Fret, Gibbo! Nice bit of gear in your collection.
    Guitar: Gibson SG Standard Natural Burst, Squier CV 50's Tele, Hell Guitars No. 2, Squier CV 50's Strat, Reverend Club King 290, Taylor 522e 12-Fret mahogany,
    Squier Vintage Modified Jaguar Bass Short Scale
    Amp: Fender Super Champ X2 Head, Egnater Tweaker 15, Fender Mustang I, Acoustic B20 1x12 bass amp
    Pedal: Budda Budwah wah, Wampler Ego Compressor, Electro-Harmonix Soul Food, Voodoo Lab Sparkle Drive, Wampler Velvet Fuzz, Seven Sisters Eve Tremolo, TC Electronics Gravy Tri Chorus & Vibrato, Catalinbread Echorec, TC Electronic Alter Ego 2 Delay, Hardwire Supernatural Ambient Verb, MXR Carbon Copy, Catalinbread RAH, Big Muff Pi with Tone Wicker, BYOC Mouse 2.0 Distortion, BYOC Boost/OD-2

Post Thanks / Like

Hi Tig, and thanks for the compliment. I guess I've been lucky in being able to pick up good gear at decent prices. But I must confess to having developed Guitar Aquisition Syndrome !!!!!!

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Gibbo View Post
    Hi Tig, and thanks for the compliment. I guess I've been lucky in being able to pick up good gear at decent prices. But I must confess to having developed Guitar Aquisition Syndrome !!!!!!
    Well, you came to the right (wrong?) place, then!

Hanging out here is like having an Alcoholics Anonymous meeting at a pub.

Post Thanks / Like

Guess I'll feel right at home then, lol

Post Thanks / Like

Welcome Gibbo.

Post Thanks / Like

Hi Charlie, noticed on your introductory post you were getting a Tele. Have you got it yet, and if so, how you getting on with it? I got a 52 Reissue, the butterscotch one, wired up as original but comes with a kit to wire up the pickup selector as per a modern Tele. I left mine original, and just love it. That bridge p/up just has a tone to die for !

Post Thanks / Like

I did get it. Mines just a squier cv50 but for what I paid for it I like it alot. Finish is vintage blonde with nice grain showing through, pickups sound surprisingly good although I'm probably gonna swap em for what I'm not sure yet. Neck could be a little fatter but its not to thin I just have giant hands. But yeah I think I've bonded with the shape and feel of the tele already. I'm already thinking of adding another but am probably gonna wait a year or two until my son is a little older so I don't have to keep it under lock and key:-)

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by cheapgtrs View Post
    I did get it. Mines just a squier cv50 but for what I paid for it I like it alot. Finish is vintage blonde with nice grain showing through, pickups sound surprisingly good although I'm probably gonna swap em for what I'm not sure yet. Neck could be a little fatter but its not to thin I just have giant hands. But yeah I think I've bonded with the shape and feel of the tele already. I'm already thinking of adding another but am probably gonna wait a year or two until my son is a little older so I don't have to keep it under lock and key:-)
    There are many happy Squier CV owners here (Strat's and Tele's). For the most part, the pickups sound really good. Apparently they are made in the same factory as Tonerider pickups.

Post Thanks / Like

Hey, don't say your Tele is "just a Squier", I've owned a couple of Squiers myself and they're fine guitars. And like you suggest, you can always upgrade the hardware if you want to.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast