Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php on line 2958
Visual Sound Dual Tap Delay

Thread: Visual Sound Dual Tap Delay

Hybrid View

Post Thanks / Like

Default Visual Sound Dual Tap Delay

Any thoughts on Visual Sound's Dual Tap Delay?

Post Thanks / Like

Sounds good, and I can see being able to synch two delays via tap tempo to be a useful feature too.

However!

I just this very second, whilst about to reply to your post, received a courier package containing what I hope to be the finest delay pedal in the known universe! Sure, it's a "single" delay, but I already have a sensationally good sounding delay that I intend to pair with this new one....

If only it wasn't 10:41am and a work day....

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Ch0jin View Post
    Sounds good, and I can see being able to synch two delays via tap tempo to be a useful feature too.

However!

I just this very second, whilst about to reply to your post, received a courier package containing what I hope to be the finest delay pedal in the known universe! Sure, it's a "single" delay, but I already have a sensationally good sounding delay that I intend to pair with this new one....

If only it wasn't 10:41am and a work day....
    Timeline? DMM?
    Quote Originally Posted by Spudman
    Does anyone read the original post?
    Guitars: Gibson LP Studio, MIA Fender Precision, Carvin C350
    Amps: Genz Benz Shuttle 6.0 + Avatar B212 / Genzler 12-3, Acoustic B20
    Pedals: Pod HD500X, Diamond Compressor, Tech 21 VT Bass, Sonic Research Turbo Tuner

Post Thanks / Like

Very good guesses Eric! I'll write up a little NPD in a moment, but as I have PT2399 based delay I'm really happy with (I built the GGG PT80 Delay a few years back) I was looking at the whole tape echo thing and there's only one pedal that nails that from what I've heard.

The Strymon El Capistan

Imagine three kinds of old school tape echo, plus a tape style sound on sound looper, and a huge spring reverb tank. Then imagine that in stereo, and now in a tiny little box and you have the El Capistan. Sure, I know it's all done digitally inside, but after 30 seconds use, you do have to remind yourself not to open it up to look for the tape and motors. It's been modelled so nicely even the switches and buttons have analogue style reactions! Anyway...more in my NPD thread....

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Ch0jin View Post

The Strymon El Capistan

Imagine three kinds of old school tape echo, plus a tape style sound on sound looper, and a huge spring reverb tank. Then imagine that in stereo, and now in a tiny little box and you have the El Capistan. Sure, I know it's all done digitally inside, but after 30 seconds use, you do have to remind yourself not to open it up to look for the tape and motors. It's been modelled so nicely even the switches and buttons have analogue style reactions! Anyway...more in my NPD thread....
    I knew it! Congratulations! Can't wait to see your review.