Thread: Last songs with the Ceriatone

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

Default Last songs with the Ceriatone

First song off the latest 3-song demo by Spookbox, yours truly on Ceria mostly on left channel and vox naturally + mixing and production etc.

http://www.mikseri.net/artists/spook...e-edge/490137/

Any comments naturally most welcome! I'm getting pretty happy with what I can record with the Zoom R-16 at the rehearsal place :-)
    Dee

"When life's a biatch, be a horny dog"

Amps: Marshall JVM 410H w/ Plexi Cap mod, Choke Mod & Negative Feedback Removal mod, 4x12", Behringer GMX110, Amplitube 3/StealthPedal

Half a dozen custom built/bastardized guitars all with EMG's, mostly 85's, Ibanez Artwood acoustic & Yamaha SGR bass, Epiphone Prophecy SG, Vox Wah, Pitchblack tuner plus assorted pedals, rack gear etc. for home studio use.

Post Thanks / Like

Really enjoyed that one! Straight up rock feel to it. And your vocals are spot on for this genre. Your vocal range reminds me of the fella in this video from an old metal(ish) band called Edwin Dare, featuring guitar extraordinaire Jeff Kollman (Glenn Hughes, CosmoSquad, Chad Smith's Bombastic Meatbats). Bryce Barnes on vocal. I thought the Ceriatone sounded nice & smooth, not buzzy or fizzy.

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

And another song off the demo:

http://www.mikseri.net/artists/spookbox/always/490680/

Please listen and comment. This even has my solo too (the first one).
    Dee

Amps: Marshall JVM 410H w/ Plexi Cap mod, Choke Mod & Negative Feedback Removal mod, 4x12", Behringer GMX110, Amplitube 3/StealthPedal

Half a dozen custom built/bastardized guitars all with EMG's, mostly 85's, Ibanez Artwood acoustic & Yamaha SGR bass, Epiphone Prophecy SG, Vox Wah, Pitchblack tuner plus assorted pedals, rack gear etc. for home studio use.

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

Bump this up, fishing for any comment on it...it's not our usual stuff maybe.
    Dee

Post Thanks / Like

That first track was really great. Definitely the kind of band I'd like to go check out live over a couple of beers. I heard all kinds of classic rock (not "Classic Rock") sounds in there, I heard a little thin lizzy, a little AC/DC and more.

The second track didn't sit as well for me. I can't put my finger on it, but it felt a little more difficult to listen to for some reason. I'll have a couple of re-listens and see if I can work it out, but I thought I'd just give you my first impressions FWIW.

W. Branch of Susquehanna River, Pennsylvania
    Post Thanks / Like

I thought those and the other Spook Box recordings were very well done, and the songs and performances were well developed and executed. Some really nice guitar tones in there and a musical drummer, all of the muscians are obviously successful in making essential contributions to the sound as a whole. Well balanced and nicely developed sound.
    Duffy Bolduc
    South Williamsport, Pa.

"Now all the things that use to mean so much to me has got me old before my time." G. Allman, "Old Before My Time", Hittin' the Note.

Major changes to guitars and amps, to be updated soon.

Fiance - Supportive of musical art

Post Thanks / Like

The tones on the guitar solo for song #2 are really nice. Very meaty and what not. The second solo is pretty decent too -- is that the other guitarist, or is that you? I'm not a huge fan of the 'always' in the chorus of song #2; it seems kind of dissonant or something, but the rest of the chorus is pretty cool.

The intro on song #1 was a little meandering, but I thought the rhythm tonez on that song during the verse were some of the best-sounding guitars in either song. That song worked really well in the driving verses.
    Quote Originally Posted by Spudman
    Does anyone read the original post?
    Guitars: Gibson LP Studio, MIA Fender Precision, Carvin C350
    Amps: Genz Benz Shuttle 6.0 + Avatar B212 / Genzler 12-3, Acoustic B20
    Pedals: Pod HD500X, Diamond Compressor, Tech 21 VT Bass, Sonic Research Turbo Tuner

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

OK the last one, of which I already upped a pre-release before...well just go to the Mikseri main page, it's the first one 'The Balance of Life':

http://www.mikseri.net/artists/?id=129754

Please give it a listen!

All the previous Spookbox ones are on that page as well.
    Dee