Thread: new to forum

Post Thanks / Like

Default new to forum

hey everybody! i've been lurking around some and this place might help me get back into playing again.
    in my first year of comm. college about 12 years ago, there were several guys on my dorm room floor who played guitar just to play around. after a couple of months, i went out and bought an austin acoustic and picked up on a few things. after a couple of years, i was done with the whole college thing. needless to say, i haven't taken it out of the case but only a couple times in the past 10 years or so. i'm looking to try to remember how to play just for the sake of playing guitar around the house.

Camrose, Alberta, Canada - used to be Umea Sweden.
    Post Thanks / Like

Welcome brewmandan! Glad you could make it.

Get back into it!
    The Law of Gravity is nonsense. No such law exists. If I think I float, and you think I float, then it happens.
    Master Guitar Academy - I also teach via SKYPE.

Post Thanks / Like

Hi and welcome. Robert's site www.dolphinstreet.com is a good source of motivational material to start acquiring some licks.

"No Tele For you." - The Tele Nazi

Ha! Tele-ish now inbound.

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

Welcome! I started just thinking I wanted to learn a few "cowboy chords" for around the campfire. It is a fun, positive way to spend some time.
    Steve Thompson
    Sun Valley, Idaho

Guitars: Fender 60th Anniversary Std. Strat, Squier CVC Tele Hagstrom Viking Semi-hollow, Joshua beach guitar, Martin SPD-16TR Dreadnought
    Amphs: Peavey Classic 30, '61 Fender Concert
    Effects and such: Boss: DS-1, CE-5, NS-2 and RC20XL looper, Digitech Bad Monkey, Korg AX1G Multi-effects, Berhinger: TU100 tuner, PB100 Clean Boost, Line 6 Toneport UX2, Electro Harmonix Little Big Muff Pi, DuhVoodooMan's Rabid Rodent Rat Clone, Zonkin Yellow Screamer Mk. II, MXR Carbon Copy Delay

love is the answer, at least for most of the questions in my heart. . .
    - j. johnson

Post Thanks / Like

Welcome on board Brewmandan, have a look at this great forum there's plenty of stuff to learn and discuss
    Guitars:
    1978 Fender Telecaster Thinline Custom USA, New Nash TL-72 Thinline Telecaster, 1965 Harmony Meteor, H71, 1986 Fender Telecaster Esquire MIJ, New Martin J-41 Special, 1933 National Duolian, 1941, New Eastwood Mandocaster 12 strings

Amps:
    Tweed Vibrolux Custom Denis Manlay, 1976 Fender Deluxe Reverb Silverface

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

Welcome to The Fret!
    Guitar: Gibson SG Standard Natural Burst, Squier CV 50's Tele, Hell Guitars No. 2, Squier CV 50's Strat, Reverend Club King 290, Taylor 522e 12-Fret mahogany,
    Squier Vintage Modified Jaguar Bass Short Scale
    Amp: Fender Super Champ X2 Head, Egnater Tweaker 15, Fender Mustang I, Acoustic B20 1x12 bass amp
    Pedal: Budda Budwah wah, Wampler Ego Compressor, Electro-Harmonix Soul Food, Voodoo Lab Sparkle Drive, Wampler Velvet Fuzz, Seven Sisters Eve Tremolo, TC Electronics Gravy Tri Chorus & Vibrato, Catalinbread Echorec, TC Electronic Alter Ego 2 Delay, Hardwire Supernatural Ambient Verb, MXR Carbon Copy, Catalinbread RAH, Big Muff Pi with Tone Wicker, BYOC Mouse 2.0 Distortion, BYOC Boost/OD-2

Post Thanks / Like

Hello and welcome. Thanks for the introduction, this is a nice place.
    Guitars
    Wilburn Versatare, '52 FrankenTele(Fender licensed parts), Fender USA Roadhouse Strat, Fender USA Standard B-bender Telecaster, Agile AL 3000 w/ WCR pickups, Ibanez MIJ V300 Acoustic, Squier Precision Bass,
    Amps
    Ceriatone Overtone Special, Musicman 212 Sixty-Five, Fender Blues Jr., Peavey Classic 30, Fender Super Reverb, Traynor YCV-40 WR Anniversary w/ matching 1x12 ext. cab, Epiphone SoCal 50w head w/ matching 4x12 cab (Lady Luck speakers), Avatar 2x12 semi-open back cab w/ Celestion speakers
    Pedals
    Digitech Bad Monkey, Digitech Jamman, DVM's ZYS, Goodrich volume pedal

Post Thanks / Like

Welcome Dan! Lotsa cool folks and a great bank of knowledge/experience here. Have fun!

Post Thanks / Like

Welcome aboard! And since nobody else has asked yet, and because I love beer, I have to ask about the "Brewman" part of your name...?
    -Sean
    Guitars: Lots.
    Amphs: More than last year.
    Pedals: Many, although I go straight from guitar to amp more often lately.

Post Thanks / Like

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by FrankenFretter View Post
    Welcome aboard! And since nobody else has asked yet, and because I love beer, I have to ask about the "Brewman" part of your name...?
    "brewman" meaning that another one of my hobbies is homebrewing beer. got a red wheat lager in the fermtentor right now, plus i've been working on drinking a homebrewed irish stout over the past week.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by brewmandan View Post
    "brewman" meaning that another one of my hobbies is homebrewing beer. got a red wheat lager in the fermtentor right now, plus i've been working on drinking a homebrewed irish stout over the past week.
    Well, it's tough work, but someone has to do it. Good on ya!
    -Sean
    Guitars: Lots.
    Amphs: More than last year.
    Pedals: Many, although I go straight from guitar to amp more often lately.