Thread: being a guitarist in a band

Post Thanks / Like

Default being a guitarist in a band

what do you feel about the band your in just say what your band members are like mine are cool i have a great basssest and a good drummer both are talented and i enjoy being in my band

Post Thanks / Like

I'm a great basssest in my band.

The guitarists are badgers.

Don't feed or startle them.

Post Thanks / Like

giving a new twist to run-on sentences.......

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

Mine aren't very good players really, but that's OK because we're not really aiming to get anywhere, just play and record songs for fun among old friends. I've known the guys for over 30 years or so...never played with them before this band, though. I wouldn't want to go on tours with them however, it always becomes such a drink-fest with them, I mean, when these guys start with a few beers, they're likely to continue on for a full couple of days till they find themselves passed out somewhere having lost their wallets and whatnot :-) but we have great fun now and then drinking and playing anyway. I could post a cellphone video from one gig we had, the day after, on a 200 mile drive home they consumed a few big bottles of liquor in the morning (I don't think they ever slept that night) and kept singing these idiotic songs and, well if you've seen annoying orange and can imagine what it'd be like when drunk, you know what it's like traveling with them :-)

But, that's how it is in bands. You have what you have; I've never changed a band member just because I could have gotten a better one in his stead. Never will either. Likely that will always keep me from getting anywhere with my bands but that'sjust the way I like it, I would not want to be famous or play for money anyway.
    Dee

"When life's a biatch, be a horny dog"

Amps: Marshall JVM 410H w/ Plexi Cap mod, Choke Mod & Negative Feedback Removal mod, 4x12", Behringer GMX110, Amplitube 3/StealthPedal

Half a dozen custom built/bastardized guitars all with EMG's, mostly 85's, Ibanez Artwood acoustic & Yamaha SGR bass, Epiphone Prophecy SG, Vox Wah, Pitchblack tuner plus assorted pedals, rack gear etc. for home studio use.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by deeaa View Post
    But, that's how it is in bands. You have what you have; I've never changed a band member just because I could have gotten a better one in his stead. Never will either. Likely that will always keep me from getting anywhere with my bands but that'sjust the way I like it, I would not want to be famous or play for money anyway.
    I like this post a lot.
    Quote Originally Posted by Spudman
    Does anyone read the original post?
    Guitars: Gibson LP Studio, MIA Fender Precision, Carvin C350
    Amps: Genz Benz Shuttle 6.0 + Avatar B212 / Genzler 12-3, Acoustic B20
    Pedals: Pod HD500X, Diamond Compressor, Tech 21 VT Bass, Sonic Research Turbo Tuner

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Bookkeeper's Son View Post
    giving a new twist to run-on sentences.......
    No kidding!

That was almost complete incomprehensible nonsense.

Post Thanks / Like

Back in the day I was both the Lead Guitarist and leader of my band.all five of us including the lead singer played at least two instruments.those were the days.a demo was cut before our breakup or what we refer to as being rudely interupted
    Life is like a camera, just focus on what’s important and capture the good times, develop from the negatives and if things don’t work out, just take another shot. ~ Anonymous

Guitars: 1967(year they came out): Fender Coronado II Wildwood I ,Fullerton ST- 4 Fat Strat , Esteban Legacy acous/elec,99 MIA Standard Fender Strat
    Amph's Original Roland Cube 15,Drive 30 w/spring reverb